Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,703 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
EliasMansour

GTA Online Release Time - 5PM PST

ryan6265123

On October 1st?

ScarySquirrel

If it get's released at 5pm Pacific time, today (as it'll be 1am GMT), I'll be over the f*cking moon.

However, until R* announce it, I'm not believing anything.

Edited by ScarySquirrel

Tsori

Wait you mean a third party website with no connection to rockstar that has a countdown until midnight is somehow the official countdown we should all rely on?...

facepalm.

EliasMansour

Wait you mean a third party website with no connection to rockstar that has a countdown until midnight is somehow the official countdown we should all rely on?...

facepalm.

Idiot, they are R* affiliation, but I don't believe it.

Tsori

facepalm.

Idiot, they are R* affiliation, but I don't believe it.

No...no they are not.

They pasted a copied image over and claimed to be to pose as information sites.

Edited by Tsori

KrugaJamie

So in just over 2hours i can play GTA online i doubt that..

ryan6265123

5 PM PST

8 PM EST

Source: http://www.thegtaplace.com/

That's just a countdown to the day of release, not the specific release time.

No, it can't be. As the site is an AMERICAN site, (.com) it counts down to the release, I guess. Because in two hours, it will be between 7 - 8 pm est for Canadians and some parts of the US, and the rest of the US will be at 3 pm EST. So, the site must be fake.

Edited by ryan6265123

Derity

Yeah because Rockstar are going to open up the servers whilst they're all sleeping and not even at work.

Makes sense.

AGNT009

8 PM Eastern?! BS. Might as well release on the 2nd then.

ryan6265123

Yeah because Rockstar are going to open up the servers whilst they're all sleeping and not even at work.

Makes sense.

R* doesn't open the servers, SONY/Microsoft does.

Derity

Makes sense.

Okay:

Yeah because SONY/Microsoft are going to open up the servers whilst they're all sleeping and not even at work.

Makes sense.

Edited by Derity

Tsori

Makes sense.

Again ryan...

this is the third time ive had to correct you in 10 mins!

Rockstar are running dedicated servers for GTA online, its no longer Peer to Peer networked matches. Free roam is hosted on rockstar's servers.

ryan6265123

Makes sense.

Okay:

Yeah because SONY/Microsoft are going to open up the servers whilst they're all sleeping and not even at work.

Makes sense.

I hope you realize that there are people that work at night and people who work during the day. For billion dollar companies like SONY and Microsoft and Rockstar, there are always people working there, keeping the servers up. If there weren't people working there at night, how do you explain PSN and xBox Live always being online?

Edited by ryan6265123

Omar Comin

It's coming out tomorrow chaps, accept it and go to bed.

Mac316

Well if the servers do actually come online at say 1am GMT hours then I may be asleep.

I am atm going through the game again to get the most money out of it since I missed some opportunities the last time so I may be still up if they do come online. :)

Snoop221

Makes sense.

You're an idiot, you're telling me R* doesn't control their own servers?

RDR-Detox

Makes sense.

Okay:

Makes sense.

I hope you realize that there are people that work at night and people who work during the day. For billion dollar companies like SONY and Microsoft and Rockstar, there are always people working there, keeping the servers up. If there weren't people working there at night, how do you explain PSN and xBox Live always being online?

It's not like there's a sign at the MS/sony offices saying " please remember to turn off xboxlive/PSN before you leave from work"

They don't need someone there 24/7 to keep live and psn running lol

TeCNeEk

We need something official.

Derity

double post ;/

Edited by Derity

ryan6265123

Makes sense.

Okay:

Makes sense.

It's not like there's a sign at the MS/sony offices saying " please remember to turn off xboxlive/PSN before you leave from work"

You do, though. It's like a Hydro station. There needs to be workers there to constantly fix ANY electrical problems that may arise. Same with PSN and Microsoft, except they have to fix any system errors or glitches that may happen. And, if you call SONY at night, people answer you. -_-

Edited by ryan6265123

Derity

Makes sense.

Okay:

Makes sense.

You do, though. It's like a Hydro station. There needs to be workers there to constantly fix ANY electrical problems that may arise. Same with PSN and Microsoft, except they have to fix any system errors or glitches that may happen. And, if you call SONY at night, people answer you. -_-

There are network maintenance guys that watch overnight, I'm sure. But that would be their only job. They will not be distributing the patch and turning on GTA servers. And neither will the call centre guys. lol.

Edited by Derity

MeGusta90

If this is true...

o_o

Probably just bs though, don't get your hopes up!

Cragovich

1 hour 45 minutes remaining for me? I'm just going to go to bed and play in the morning like a normal person.

HerpaDerpaD

f*cking rockstar always hold out on info...it takes 5 seconds to tell us. we've been waiting 2 weeks and we should have known when the servers would be up when they released online info 4 days ago or so. Stop making people wait and open your damn mouth and tell us.

KrugaJamie

If rockstar were to tell us the time then everybody would be waiting for that exact time to go online causing the servers to just go tits up thats why there not going to officially say the time!!

MeGusta90

True that, they could just tell us

HerpaDerpaD

Right...that matters why? A sh*t ton of people play cod at midnight. We gave them two weeks and a billion dollars. I think we deserve to know when the other half of the game we paid 60 bucks for will be available. Total bullsh*t.

aR2k

Makes sense.

Actually, that does make sense. Since this is sorta like a beta, they have anticipated bugs and other things.

So it is a good idea to release the game at times where severs dont get absolutely hammered