Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,837 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Elemental716

Leaving engine running

Elemental716

Anyone know how to fo this?

ajrunke

No, but it's annoying as f*ck when I hop out to shoot at some cops and then hop back in only to be forced to start the car back up.

Ermac_

you cant hold y anymore

_KC

Its the the truth. Plus I wanna snap some pics of my ride from the outside with the Xenons bumping

alb-mac

Its the the truth. Plus I wanna snap some pics of my ride from the outside with the Xenons bumping

I'd say, get 2 protags together and go from there...keep 1 in the car and switch

Alec Skorpio

They added so many damn features for cars, but seem to have left this out.

It's a real ****ing blemish IMO. Why would criminals turn their cars off all the time?

tommzy2

omg this will suck with online, if you are trying to rob a 24/7 and think you left your engine on, LOL, you get in the car and have to start it up again -.-

they better fix this before online launch!

damian001

If anything needs to be patched, its THIS. Driving and physics are fine, but not this.

Hakosuka

Just drive at like 10 miles an hour and jump out, the engine will be left running.

DaRkL3AD3R

If anything needs to be patched, its THIS. Driving and physics are fine, but not this.

Agreed. We need back the GTA IV system of tap Y/Triangle = leave car running, HOLD Y/Triangle = turn car off and lock it up.

Come on Rockstar, why the f*ck would you backpedal on something like this. Retarded.

And for all those wondering how they randomly get out of cars and leave them running, it's because you're in a combat state. To trigger it without getting a wanted level, try standing outside your car and throw about 10 punches. Hop in the car, start it up, and as soon as the lights go on quickly tap leave vehicle button and it should still be running. Annoying and retarded given they have a MUCH better system available right there under their noses from GTA IV.....

Chorizombie

I happened to leave the engine running ONLY ONCE! I though I did it by keeping the Triangle (PS3) pressed, then tried it again like 10 times and it didn't worked, also tried sprint running as soon as I taped Triangle, but nothing, someone said that if you shoot before entering your car (walking anim changes), then when you exit it, it would leave it running, but haven't try it yet.

eagles_fan2005

preorder cancelled

high247

I happened to leave the engine running ONLY ONCE! I though I did it by keeping the Triangle (PS3) pressed, then tried it again like 10 times and it didn't worked, also tried sprint running as soon as I taped Triangle, but nothing, someone said that if you shoot before entering your car (walking anim changes), then when you exit it, it would leave it running, but haven't try it yet.

I got it to stay on once too by accident... as Franklin I got into his bullet and exited as soon as I got in... the car lights and radio stayed on and I was like wtf you can do that?!!! then I tried to repeat what I had just done and it did not work again

DaRkL3AD3R

F*cking read my post, it explains the mystery behind leaving the car running... ffs

Ethereal_NYC

Agreed. We need back the GTA IV system of tap Y/Triangle = leave car running, HOLD Y/Triangle = turn car off and lock it up.

Come on Rockstar, why the f*ck would you backpedal on something like this. Retarded.

And for all those wondering how they randomly get out of cars and leave them running, it's because you're in a combat state. To trigger it without getting a wanted level, try standing outside your car and throw about 10 punches. Hop in the car, start it up, and as soon as the lights go on quickly tap leave vehicle button and it should still be running. Annoying and retarded given they have a MUCH better system available right there under their noses from GTA IV.....

thanks ill try that later but my experience was different

i hopped out a bf that i drove from sandy shores to franklins and i hopped out the car and left it running