Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,105 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

hillbillybrando

What's Your Favourite / Least Favourite GTA V Mission?

Pedinhuh

I Fought The Law... was always a favorite of mine, just the vibe in general that Michael wasn't gonna let his dream go. Least favorite would be the heist setup where you steal a cargobob from Zancudo. Just...so many things seem wrong with just waltzing in and flying away without doing any kind of preparation.

And let's not forget that later on, the protagonists have to do a score in Paleto Bay to gather enough money buy a...CargoBob, which Haines said it costs 3 million.

Soo, what happened to the 'Bob Trevor stole?

Why can't we breach that base again and steal another 'Bob?

Why that 'Bob costs 3 million instead of the $150,000 that is offered by Warstock and cache?

Wouldn't it be easier to buy one from warstock and cache?

Remember, at the end of the heist Dave asks Trevor to get rid of the helicopter, so it's not like that helicopter was so important to feds keep begin with...

Just straight up non-sense.

BulletproofVendetta

Favorites: Crystal Maze, Reuniting the Family (the family's interaction), Pack Man (Lamare and Trevor's interaction), Fresh Meat

Least Favorites: The Buss Assassination, Whatever mission it was where they first had you fly a plane as Trevor because I kept crashing it when I tried to land (he was threatening someone that he'd wrap them in chees cloth and throw them in the ocean or something like that).

Edit: When you type Lamare instead of Lamar:

untitled_drawing_by_jaybirdmerrick-dbb0t

Edited by BulletproofVendetta

KratosDrake

Favorites: Crystal Maze, Reuniting the Family (the family's interaction), Pack Man (Lamare and Trevor's interaction), Fresh Meat

Least Favorites: The Buss Assassination, Whatever mission it was where they first had you fly a plane as Trevor because I kept crashing it when I tried to land (he was threatening someone that he'd wrap them in chees cloth and throw them in the ocean or something like that).

Edit: When you type Lamare instead of Lamar:

untitled_drawing_by_jaybirdmerrick-dbb0t

That is Nervous Ron, and he is threatening Ron in case Ron decides to win the race.

Algonquin Assassin

Favourite: Bury The Hatchet. It's the only memorable mission in the game IMO.

Least favourite: The Merryweather heist (both options), Did Somebody Say Yoga?, Scouting The Port, Reuniting The Family, Mr Phillips and every damn heist prep "mission".

Official General

Favourite: Bury The Hatchet. It's the only memorable mission in the game IMO.

Least favourite: The Merryweather heist (both options), Did Somebody Say Yoga?, Scouting The Port, Reuniting The Family, Mr Phillips and every damn heist prep "mission".

That mission with ship and port was quite boring actually. At first when I played it I thought it was fun, but on my second playthrough, I now see how weak it is.

Wiseguy94

Favorites: Complications (Michael is actually a badass with no flaws or weaknesses in this mission. The only time in the entire game he's such a man.), The Long Stretch, Crystal Maze, I Fought The Law, The Paleto Score (The minigun entrance and kicking in Trevor's rage as soon as the cutscene ends + the sound of the minigun opening up = pure awesomeness.), Deathwish/The Third Way

Least Favorites: Eye In The Sky (This is one of those "underrated" bad missions. It's boring, dull, repetitive and Trevor's jokes aren't enough to keep the mission from becoming a drag.), Did Someone Say Yoga?, Mr. Richards (The opening character development is cool but the mission is pointless and a waste of time.), The Wrap Up (The ending helicopter is a pain in the ass if you don't have the railgun, so I can only do the mission on one profile where I have access to it or else I have to die repeatedly and skip that section.), saving Jimmy's annoying ass from his kidnappers.

KratosDrake

Favorites: Complications (Michael is actually a badass with no flaws or weaknesses in this mission. The only time in the entire game he's such a man.), The Long Stretch, Crystal Maze, I Fought The Law, The Paleto Score (The minigun entrance and kicking in Trevor's rage as soon as the cutscene ends + the sound of the minigun opening up = pure awesomeness.), Deathwish/The Third Way

Least Favorites: Eye In The Sky (This is one of those "underrated" bad missions. It's boring, dull, repetitive and Trevor's jokes aren't enough to keep the mission from becoming a drag.), Did Someone Say Yoga?, Mr. Richards (The opening character development is cool but the mission is pointless and a waste of time.), The Wrap Up (The ending helicopter is a pain in the ass if you don't have the railgun, so I can only do the mission on one profile where I have access to it or else I have to die repeatedly and skip that section.), saving Jimmy's annoying ass from his kidnappers.

Really? I remember finishing The Wrap Up easily. I just drove to a building and hid behind it and eventually the helicopter crashed by itself. I think you're not supposed to destroy it, instead you have to flee.

ASJGaming

Favorite- Hood Safari, The Wrap Up

Least Favorite- Did Somebody Say Yoga, Lamar Down

Corndawg93

Fave: The Wrap up, Diamond Heist, Big Score (Obvious approach), Option C, Peleto score, Caida Libre, Minor Turbulence, Ballad of Rocco

Least fave, Did Someone Say Yoga, Scouting the Port

Edited by Corndawg93

~Tiger~

Similar topics merged. :^:

yoshi34925

My favorite is probably The Paleto Score.

woggleman

Favorite. The Jewelry store heist. I like both the planning and execution. You feel like an experienced thief who knows what he is doing.

Least Favorite. Scouting the port. It is pure tedium and even the biggest V fans don't seem to like it.

Dangerous and sad

Favorite : Hood Safari

Most hated : All the FIB missions.

Even the heist and the Wrap up???

SmokesWithCigs

favorite:hood all missions involving the ballas

least favorite:mask and boiler suits.

Mr_Rager

The FIB building mission was the best imo, the worst for me is that unnecessary Trevor mission at the dock, his story just falls apart once he enters Los Santos.

Official General

Favorite : Hood Safari

Most hated : All the FIB missions.

Even the heist and the Wrap up???

Just don't like the FIB missions, they just bore me.

KonradGM

Blit'z play and three 's a party [ i think thats the name?]

They use the 3 protagonists prefectly within the context of a mission, and the dynamic is perfect

KratosDrake

Blit'z play and three 's a party [ i think thats the name?]

They use the 3 protagonists prefectly within the context of a mission, and the dynamic is perfect

Actually, the name is Three's Company.

Gungner

Favorite: I fought the law & Dead Man Walking

Least Favorite: Did somebody say yoga?, The Merriweather Heist and every mission that requires flying.

Crossbones

Most of heists were amazing, particularly the union depository and jewellery store job (subtle approach in both). My least favourite was 'Did somebody said yoga ?'.

Zenar

Favourite: The Third Way, Lamar Down, Hood Safari

Least Favourite: This Somebody Say Yoga

Emberheart

I Fought The Law..., Bury The Hatchet, The Big Score (Subtle Approach), Caida Libre, Lamar Down, those were all great missions.

But if there's one mission I never want to play again, it's Did Somebody Say Yoga?

Algonquin Assassin

Now I think of it I'm not very fond of "Chop". When you break it down it's really nothing more than a long chase sequence. The part of playing as Chop is really pointless as you're not even controlling him. Just being transported into his perspective.

It could've been so much more fun if we could've actually chased down D as Chop if that that's what the devs were going for.

Hot Pursuit

I like pretty much every mission so I just list the least favorite

Scouting the Port

Did Somebody Say Yoga?

Something Sensible

The Time's Come

Algonquin Assassin

Something Sensible

The ironic thing about this mission is it's one of those missions that's actually foreshadowing in its name.;)

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

A.C.M.

Now I think of it I'm not very fond of "Chop". When you break it down it's really nothing more than a long chase sequence. The part of playing as Chop is really pointless as you're not even controlling him. Just being transported into his perspective.

It could've been so much more fun if we could've actually chased down D as Chop if that that's what the devs were going for.

sorry for following comment BUT,

Says the one who likes the gta IV the most where is nothing but those boring chase type of missions spiced up with little kills.

I think you are being hypocrite when you enjoy whole game full of that boring type of missions then say negatives about same thing in next.

this is just how i sense your post at first read however i feel like you might have some it's-not-fitting-in-gta V-style point going through your post though.

Edited by ACM-Jan

ChiroVette

Says the one who likes the gta IV the most where is nothing but those boring chase type of missions spiced up with little kills.

I think you are being hypocrite when you enjoy whole game full of that boring type of missions then say negatives about same thing in next.

this is just how i sense your post at first read however i feel like you might have some it's-not-fitting-in-gta V-style point going through your post though.

I don't agree with Algonquin either, but in his defense, I think there is more to this particular debate than just the actual "mission tasks" or merely the structure of the missions themselves. We were discussing this in my Properties thread, and he, Cheatz, and some others brought up some interesting points that lead me to believe that the opinion of the individual, with regard to the "fun" of missions, in either IV or V, will be dictated, to a very large extent, but how much he or she likes or dislikes the rest of the game.

I think that while I absolutely don't agree with Algonquin's assessment of the missions he listed, that his opinions are likely being colored by how he dislikes so much of the rest of the game. I think that in order to find missions in a game like GTA V to be fun, that you have to actually enjoy the game itself, outside of those particular missions.

What he says about Chop, for instance, makes sense if he doesn't actually like GTA V all that much. As someone who loves V, I enjoy the hell out of all the missions involving Chop. Hell, I even bring him with me when doing all the collectibles. Not that I need him, since I always use Youtube videos. But having "my dog" with me adds to the immersion for me. Things like Chop (Trevor's friends, Micheal's family) add to the tapestry and flavor of the game for me. But, if I felt about V the way he does, I would probably say the same thing.

He also mentions this:

The Merryweather heist (both options), Did Somebody Say Yoga?, Scouting The Port, Reuniting The Family, Mr Phillips and every damn heist prep "mission".

I love the Merrywheather heist, even the prep! That was a really expansive, fun, entertaining, and action-filled heist. But if I didn't like the game, how would I feel about it? I also think that Mr. Phillips is one of the best missions in the game, AND I actually enjoy the heist prep missions, even though they are mostly very simplistic, because I feel like I am really setting up and perpetrating the heists. To me, they add to the immersion. But how would I feel about all these things if I didn't like V?

So it isn't so much him being a hypocrite as much as he doesn't like the game very much.

Edited by ChiroVette

Electrochoc

There was a mission forces us to use a damn Dog as a playable character. Later game, i never ever touch that dog again. This is my least favourite mission.

There was a mission we crash & break into to a hospital, i didn't expect it something like that and surprised suddenly. I can't say it's a favorite but it was the most memorable moment in my playthrough.

Algonquin Assassin

Did I hit a nerve?

Firstly I have no idea why you're apologising before your comment and secondly so because I'm a GTA IV fan and you view the chase missions in it as "boring" that makes me a hypocrite because I don't like ONE particular mission in GTA V that's similar?

Chiro hit the nail on the head again. Maybe if I enjoyed the game as much as you guys do I'd enjoy missions like this more. It's the complete opposite for GTA IV. The missions you find "boring" are the ones I most likely enjoy playing through. Truthfully since this thread is about GTA V there are more missions I dislike than ones I do. I really wish there were more missions I liked, but coupled with the mostly weak story playing through these missions feels like a chore to me.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Am Shaegar

Majority of them are my favorites.

Least favorite would be the ending missions, and I mean, all three endings.