Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,393 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
M'aiq the Liar

Next GTA in Vice City? Possibly

M'aiq the Liar

Too early to Speculate. But the pattern seems to be alternate between Liberty City,Vice,City,San Andreas. So unless they Decide to use a entirely new fiction city it's probably gonna be Vice City. How would you all feel if the next Game was Vice City? I'm Kinda mixed. I mean it would neat see Vice City with Today's Technology, it's hard for me to picture a Modern Vice City Outside the 80's though. As much I liked San Andreas free Roam. I admit I liked Tommy more then CJ and his story was better.

serimos6

Edited by serimos6

Crazyeighties

I hope not vice city was way too small

stevean2

GTA 3(Liberty City) > Vice City > San Andreas > GTA IV (Liberty City) > GTA V (San Andreas)

wat?

spamtackey

It could be anywhere right now. Las Venturas, San Fierro, Liberty City.... Heck if they felt like it they could easily just do another game set in Los Santos. We don't know until they make the game.

Personally, I hope they do an expanded Vice City and the area around it. Maybe have a few neighboring cities (smaller cities than Los Santos but a few of them rather than just one big city). There's a lot they could do with it, but the same could be said about anywhere.

M'aiq the Liar

...Since when did it alternate from Liberty City to something else like it?

The main games settings have been Liberty City,Vice City, San Andreas. So unless they come up with a entirely new city or redo Liberty again, it's probably Vice City for the next city. Unless they decide to go back to their roots if I remember right the 2D games were in London. I've only played GTA 2 though.That was ages ago I can't remember. Pretty sure it was London for the setting.

Edited by M'aiq the Liar

stevean2

I hope not vice city was way too small

San Andrea's was small compared to todays standards but V increased it.

Sebor

I doubt it very much. I think they will be doing multiple cities on the new hardware. Probably will be LC, Vice, Las Venturas, Los Santos & San Fiero all in one map maybe with Carcer city and a city based on San Diego added to it.

AaronWatermelon

Grand Theft Auto VIce

soldat89

i was hoping GTA5 would be vice city but i really hope that VI will take place in vice city

imagine 80s miami in next gen HD 0_0

spamtackey

I doubt it very much. I think they will be doing multiple cities on the new hardware. Probably will be LC, Vice, Las Venturas, Los Santos & San Fiero all in one map maybe with Carcer city and a city based on San Diego added to it.

It's thoughts like this that make us disappointed in the actual titles.

1) It's impossible. GTA is a parody of America. It uses fictional states but it is still America. Liberty is somewhere in New York or that region, Vice City is in Florida, and San Andreas is near California.

2) The work involved would be massive.

3) The story would be a mess to get us to visit all of those locations and missions would either be spread thin or the entire game would be full of small but less interesting missions.

It is possible someday for all of these places to exist in GTA Online but definitely not the next singleplayer game. If they announce anything like that I'm going to be very concerned about the next game.

NYdreamz

vice city on next gen would amazing.... i could picture how colorful that game would be on next gen... i could see them giving us a cuban protag as well....

speaking of colorful on next gen tho.... could you imagine los venturas ????? that would be insane

Edited by NYdreamz

Cilogy

Didn't one of the Housers say their dream GTA would allow the player to fly between several cities?

I have a feeling that might be a possibility with next-gen tech, Vice City included, of course.

NickSimo

Laughing at how people are already thinking about the next game.

TheDon856

I would love to see the next game set in Vice City. GTA VC was one of my favorite in the series. But honestly, with the next game on next gen consoles, Rock Star could probably do more than one city which would be even better imo.

grandola

They'll use an updated GTA IV, an updated GTA V and create a new san fiero, las venturas, and vice city - put it all together and we get: GTA online... With "seasons" for different DLC SP stories... Meanwhile the online continues to develop. They can create sooo many SP campaignes with the world already set...

They could go out and get writers like from breaking bad, Ray Donovan, dexter, sons of anarchy, etc...

They could hire them to create stories set in the world and R* could work with them to create missions.... That would be the sh*t!

M'aiq the Liar

Why? I was just curious to see how people would feel about a Redone Vice City?

SmoothGetaway

Haha, I was wondering how long it would take for a location thread to show up. Personally I'd love to hit up Vice City in HD. With some surrounding areas of course. However if I was getting my hopes up, I'd say LC and Vice with the ability to freely fly between the two.

Las Venturas is on the table too, as well as San Fierro. I prefer the Bay Area myself, but I could understand if people didn't want another game in Cali right away.

Edit: The Benz was quoted as saying all GTA cities in one game was a dream or goal of R*

Edited by SmoothGTA

user14

Vice city was ugly

NickSimo

This may not be the case for you but it seems everyone just always wants more and more, we are finally given GTA V but now we're speculating about the next one !

ajrunke

A redone Vice City would be amazing. I'd love a throwback to the 80s, but a current day era would work as well. They can't really do another Scarface clone, so they'd have to do a new story. I'd love to see one focused on a dirty property tycoon that runs the city. There was a great construction boom in Miami in the 80s and it still is a hotbed for construction. It'd be a great storyline.

M'aiq the Liar

This may not be the case for you but it seems everyone just always wants more and more, we are finally given GTA V but now we're speculating about the next one !

I'm still having fun with V. I admit I rushed through first time only doing storyline. I've restarted to make different choices. I'm also playing all the strangers and freaks the bounty hunter missions with Trevor are a blast.

Beta123

it would be great if they allowed us to fly between different cities, i think they could do it on next gen. they have the money and tech.

fish61324

Why?

Kipsta

In theory, yes. Vice City was my favourite GTA (I didn't say the best, I said my favourite)

Whether it is in VC, San Fierro or Las Venturas, I'm really interested and excited to see what type of GTA they can produce next-gen.

Is it going to be 1 step forward but 2 steps back like San Andreas to IV? Regardless, I am pumped!

SavageSalad

On next gen they should be able to have Vice City and then the whole state of Florida too.

kj2022

GTA 3(Liberty City) > Vice City > San Andreas > GTA IV (Liberty City) > GTA V (San Andreas)

wat?

GTA 1 went Liberty City > San Andreas (based on San Francisco at the time) > Vice City > London, GTA 2 was in Anywhere USA or something like that, then GTA 3 went to Liberty City, then VC, SA, IV, V, for all we know there is no pattern, the next one could be London, or a completely fictionalized city made to their exact specification like GTA 2.

Xubaca

Noooo, i hope nop!

They could do a combo city

San fierro & las venturas = win

SavageSalad

Or maybe all of America in one map? (Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas, and everything in between.)