2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

dinocujko

Underwater Hatch MORSE CODE (LETS DECODE IT!)

dinocujko

Ok so i just saw on youtube that when you get close to the underwater hatch you can hear the Morse Code coming out of the hatch... its awesome lol and now im trying to decode it but i may need help. So everyone who wants to help please reply. For now i found out that the first two words are HELP ME... here is the video

And i used this picture to try to decode it http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b5/International_Morse_Code.svg/315px-International_Morse_Code.svg.png

ceIozzip

oh... that's not the hatch i've been talking about... oh well, this is cool too.

LanceTVance
111222123 2211242123 223 1142221113 2124212213 1212122211241112223 1242121222222123 223 114112213 2221222124222223 122222242112223 123 1212122222

These are the pauses between pulses, 2 means twice as long as 1, etc Can't make something out of it yet.

dinocujko

So are you guys sure that this is the Tap Code... i am trying to figure this out for quite some time but i just cant get anything. Come on lets figure this out !

Edited by dinocujko

IDredMan

I think it says...

Tap tap tap.

LanceTVance

|-|-|-|--|--|--|-|--|---|--|--|-|-|--|----
|--|-|--|---|--|--|---|-|-|----
|--|--|--|-|-|-|---|--|-|--|----
|--|-|--|--|-|---|-|--|-|--|-|--|--|--|-|-|--|----
|-|-|-|--|--|--|---|-|--|----
|--|-|--|-|--|--|--|--|--|--|-|--|---|--|--|---|-|-|----
|-|-|--|--|-|---|--|--|--|-|--|--|--|-|--|----
|--|--|--|--|--|---|-|--|--|--|--|--|--|----
|--|-|-|--|--|--|---|-|--|---|-|--|-|--|-|--|--|--|--|--|

Edited by LanceTVance

Fizzlepop531
|-|-|-|--|--|--|-|--|---|--|--|-|-|--|----|--|-|--|---|--|--|---|-|-|----|--|--|--|-|-|-|---|--|-|--|----|--|-|--|--|-|---|-|--|-|--|-|--|--|--|-|-|--|----|-|-|-|--|--|--|---|-|--|----|--|-|--|-|--|--|--|--|--|--|-|--|---|--|--|---|-|-|----|-|-|--|--|-|---|--|--|--|-|--|--|--|-|--|----|--|--|--|--|--|---|-|--|--|--|--|--|--|----|--|-|-|--|--|--|---|-|--|---|-|--|-|--|-|--|--|--|--|--

I think this requires explaination.

LanceTVance

I think this requires explaination.

Right, | is a tap and - is the pause length.

testtendo

Great transcription! Did you do that manually? :blink:

Also- does anyone know of a language or code this could represent besides morse/tap?

diablo333911

From what I'm reading about tap code (Trying to decode this) ---- (4 hyphens) in LanceTVance's post means the end of a word. Take that with a grain of salt, though, cause I'm still learning this :p

Edited by diablo333911

testtendo

From what I'm reading about tap code (Trying to decode this) ---- (4 hyphens) in LanceTVance's post means the end of a word. Take that with a grain of salt, though, cause I'm still learning this :p

The |'s represent 'taps' and the -'s represent 'rests', time in between taps. Tap code wouldn't require any measurement of 'rests' because there aren't longer rests in between letters. Its just a series of taps between 1-5 representing the row, a rest, and then another series of taps representing the column. One down, One across would be A and it would be represented in Lances transcription as |-|

ABC for example: |-|-|-||-|-|||

ABC

so the moral of the story is that it isn't tap code. I think this is still of importance, just don't know how to interpret it. :catloaf:

diablo333911

The |'s represent 'taps' and the -'s represent 'rests', time in between taps. Tap code wouldn't require any measurement of 'rests' because there aren't longer rests in between letters. Its just a series of taps between 1-5 representing the row, a rest, and then another series of taps representing the column. One down, One across would be A and it would be represented in Lances transcription as |-|

ABC

so the moral of the story is that it isn't tap code. I think this is still of importance, just don't know how to interpret it. :catloaf:

The more I kept trying to figure it out the more I realized that it wasn't tapcode lol but you just confirmed it. Oh well, at least a lot of us learned something new

testtendo

ABC

The more I kept trying to figure it out the more I realized that it wasn't tapcode lol but you just confirmed it. Oh well, at least a lot of us learned something new

Yeah, totally! I hope I never have good reason to use tap code, but if I do... now I can! :D

Strimix

.. . .. .... ... ... . .... / .... .... .. ... . ..... / . ... . ..... ..... .... / .. ... .. .... . .... . .... . ..... ... ... / .. .... ... ... / .... .... .. ... . ..... / . ..... ..... ....

testtendo

.. . .. .... ... ... . .... / .... .... .. ... . ..... / . ... . ..... ..... .... / .. ... .. .... . .... . .... . ..... ... ... / .. .... ... ... / .... .... .. ... . ..... / . ..... ..... ....

Find the key hidden in the EY?

brewcrewkevin

here's what I started with: I don't think it really starts with help me. I got "Hey,"

The first 2 lines I got were:

.... . -.-- (hey)

--..-- (,)

It's really hard to tell the difference between a "-" and a ".(space)". First, my first line was ...---.-- and I had to replace a few -'s with .{space}.

Keep it going, guys, what's next!?

Edited by brewcrewkevin

brewcrewkevin

UPDATED FOR FULL FIGURED OUT TEXT SO FAR! (but I need help on this.. not sure if it's all accurate.)

h ....

e .

y -.--

, --..--

y -.--

o ---

u ..-

n -.

e .

v ...-

e .

r .-.

Around 0:16 is where I've left off. It sounds like there's a lot of A's in a row coming, like an AAAAAH, or something (lol) because it seems to repeat a ".- .- .- .-" for a while.

btw i'm using this http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html. It works fairly well, and you can play it back to double check (but change frequency down to like 300 and times to like 10 wpm.

Edited by brewcrewkevin

testtendo

next couple:

-.-- (Y)

--- (O)

..- (U)

any updates on this?

TheEngin33r

Bump - really interested to see what this is

scrublord

I think the person on the other side is just pretending to play the drums.

mickeey

Agree with the comments on yt, looks like a looping vid, Wouldn't be suprised if this "never gunna give you up"

jonkoroken420

This seems interesting, Wonder what it all says

tomw

i can confirm this is legitimate. even though on the video the player used a god mode hack to get there, the sounds coming from the hatch are genuine.

if you try to swim as close as the player in the video you will force drown even with the invincibility cheat. you can be 20 feet above it and still trigger the tapping sound however, although the hatch window did not light up for me. game time was 03:30 and i have got 100%. whether it is time or completion dependent i do not know.

edit: okay the hatch lit up after i lingered for a bit, didn't trigger anything though

Edited by tomw

Pizentu

Where is it on the map??

woolva2k13

Its all a load of BS, on another thread a video was posted of said "Morse Code from the hatch" i decoded the SOUND version of it and it was nothing.

I also noticed the same drum roll a standard loop in Fruit Loops studio producer.

.kiwi_4

This code (when cracked) could be the code for the rumoured elevator in Zancudo Military Base and in the lower level could be the very anticipated Jetpack. (Unless the "elevator" was proven fake).

Lukezordz

This code (when cracked) could be the code for the rumoured elevator in Zancudo Military Base and in the lower level could be the very anticipated Jetpack. (Unless the "elevator" was proven fake).

Hmmmmm, I posted about this... Something I heard about on Twitch, where someone dialled a certain number in the lift and it went down...

Someone tested said number, but it didn't work. Could there be pre-requirements? I have no idea... But I also saw a 3D map, which led people to the assumption that the jet pack, was in fact, somewhere in Zancudo.

Edited by Lukezordz

brothan323

it is NOT TAP CODE IT DOES NOT MAKE SENCE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tap_code

. A in tap code is.

TAP-TAP

- is a pause

H is taptap-taptap

W is taptaptaptaptap-taptap

Edited by brothan323