Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,031 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

spidey1234

Anyway to get Packie back in random encounters?

spidey1234

I was hiding and sitting in one spot, which then made Packie go out of the car in frustration...... I then killed him. Can you find this encounter again? I did save it after i killed him.

RajunCajun88

I straight up shot him the first time, he was back in the parking lot a little while later.

EarthBoundX5

I straight up shot him the first time, he was back in the parking lot a little while later.

Are you positive you encoutnered him again? After saving killing him and everything? I've been looking everywhere for a definitive answer...I keep going back to the spot but have yet to seem him again (and have tried various times and various characters). I'm just about to do the 2nd hiest you can pick people for, and have nothing else to keep doing to delay finding him.

Edited by EarthBoundX5

ShinobiFixer

Too bad for you, I help the criminals if they're robbing in a rather unique way. Packie and his homie were unique enough for me to not kill them. Too bad I don't have any more heists to hire him as a gun.

poklane

I killed him the first day, haven't seen him since.

jamieleng

I hired him as a gun for the jewellery store robbery. He didnt fire a shot. Hopefully he'll come in useful during the next one.

Also, what happens if the female criminal you find lying next to her crashed getaway vehicle dies on the way to the dodgy doctor? The first time I drove her, I took my time to hear the dialogue & she went silent, permanently. I reloaded my last save & saved her. So I think I'll use her as a driver.

Erempiris

I hired him as a gun for the jewellery store robbery. He didnt fire a shot. Hopefully he'll come in useful during the next one.

Also, what happens if the female criminal you find lying next to her crashed getaway vehicle dies on the way to the dodgy doctor? The first time I drove her, I took my time to hear the dialogue & she went silent, permanently. I reloaded my last save & saved her. So I think I'll use her as a driver.

She returns.

I had her die because I took a detour, not knowing how badly she got hurt, and to make things worse I accidentally crashed into a group of bikers who then proceeded to chase and kill me.

She was back the next time I drove past that ditch.

Edited by Erempiris

Pepperjack

Normally if those types of encounters die they will respawn after a certain amount of time. or if they get lost happened to me with her and the underwear wedding guy

jamieleng

She returns.

I had her die because I took a detour, not knowing how badly she got hurt, and to make things worse I accidentally crashed into a group of bikers who then proceeded to chase and kill me.

She returns.

Hahaha, a comedy of errors.

How many more potential crew members are there? I've got Packie, female getaway driver & the IT guy, who you get by default.

EarthBoundX5

Too bad for you, I help the criminals if they're robbing in a rather unique way. Packie and his homie were unique enough for me to not kill them. Too bad I don't have any more heists to hire him as a gun.

Ya, but I found and killed Packie in like the first hour of playing. Before it, the only random encounters I saw were 2 of the wallet stealing ones. Figured this was just another one of those...

I killed him the first day, haven't seen him since.

Damn...

She returns.

See this is why I had some hope for Packie. I've read alot of people confirming her return after death...but nothing as concrete for Packie.

How many more potential crew members are there? I've got Packie, female getaway driver & the IT guy, who you get by default.

Also Chef, who you get by default too.

Meow Meow

First time I did this Packie got killed by the police and then the other guy fleed the scene. The 2 later appeared doing the same thing and I got away from the cops and got Packie as a heist member. So yeah he should re-appear.

Edited by Meow Meow

EarthBoundX5

First time I did this Packie got killed by the police and then the other guy fleed the scene. The 2 later appeared doing the same thing and I got away from the cops and got Packie as a heist member. So yeah he should re-appear.

Thanks I guess I'll keep at it; and this was for sure from a save AFTER killing him?

Also, anyone know how far you need to drive from an area to reattempt initiating the event? I'd think just till the neighborhood changes, as that sometimes resets other things, but I'm not sure when it comes to these events...

gtafaninwest

In my first gameplay, I did. I recruited him in robberies.

EarthBoundX5

In my first gameplay, I did. I recruited him in robberies.

...You did kill him, then later find him again?

DrAnomalous

I think I killed him without knowing who was. I wanted to help the cops [lol such a boy scout] Never saw him again. I suppose its pointless after you're through with the main story.

SchizNitz

I was accidentally driving a police car at the time and scared them off, I never saw them again at all.

Meow Meow

Thanks I guess I'll keep at it; and this was for sure from a save AFTER killing him?

Also, anyone know how far you need to drive from an area to reattempt initiating the event? I'd think just till the neighborhood changes, as that sometimes resets other things, but I'm not sure when it comes to these events...

Yes I even saved it after and he still re-appeared. Maybe just let some in game time go by, a day or so.

Oh and forgot to mention the first time I did it I was Franklin but the second time I was Trevor. So not sure if that's important or not, but just do a mission or 2 I'd say and then try going back.

EarthBoundX5

Yes I even saved it after and he still re-appeared. Maybe just let some in game time go by, a day or so.

Oh and forgot to mention the first time I did it I was Franklin but the second time I was Trevor. So not sure if that's important or not, but just do a mission or 2 I'd say and then try going back.

Thanks alot for the specification, I'll keep on at it...just too bad gta online is up now to distract me from it, lol. I've been trying with all 3 characters, and I've gone back every 2-3 missions and spent about 30 mins driving up and down the street in front (going hopefully far enough away with each pass). Now that I'm up to the 2nd heist where you can select members, I guess its gonna just be all I do till I find him again.

toybasher

I can confirm. My vehicle expoded, few days later IRL I found him again, sadly my vehicle exploded a second time. (I swear your wanted level f*cking REFUSES to go away during the encounter)

BigBoy1998

If you're worried of finding Packie after you have finished the whole main story (thinking that you can't do those heists anymore), you can always replay missions in the "Game" section of the pause menu and he can be selected on every heist. But unfortunetly, I killed Packie the first time I saw him not knowing it was him, I wonder if i can get a second shot on helping him this time.

Budweiser Addict

He will respawn eventually. It's a shame random encounters like purse snatchers respawn everytime you pass by a location, yet beneficial ones take so damn long to come back if they're failed.

Fuzzknuckles

Yeah... this time, take him to the altruists, like that whiny little bitch deserves.

eclaireN7

He will respawn eventually. It's a shame random encounters like purse snatchers respawn everytime you pass by a location, yet beneficial ones take so damn long to come back if they're failed.

He hasn't come back for me at all. I'm really disappointed too. :/ I didn't know it was Packie and just killed him.