2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

TerrorFields

Decoding the Mount Chiliad Mural

StangOne50

Please take your time and read this post closely.

First of all forget everything you know about the mural. In addition you can only do what your charakter can do. That means NO goggle, NO forums etc. Only the stuff you have at hand in game.

Now let's start:

You are standing in front of the mural and are seeing it for the first time. First thoughts are most likely

-What is that?

-Why is it here?

-What does it mean?

-Looks like the mount chiliad.

-etc

You will think that the X'es have a meaning of all. What would happen? You start to search the mountain for clues. All you can find are the glyphs. Maybe 2 maybe 3 maybe all.

You start putting them together and figure out that you have to stand on top of the mountain at 3am while it is raining. But as you do so nothing happens. You start to search arround and find the writing with "Come back etc" and the red glyph.

Now you start to get 100%. Once done you go back up to that mountain and watch the Ufo appear. You approach it and it seems to dissapear. No chances to interact with it. Maybe you notice the FIB logo maybe not, because it his hard to see while it is dark.

You figure to got to the hippy camp and try to make a ufo spawn there with the same conditions but nothing happens but you find 2 of the same glyphs as you did find on mount chiliad. you try different locations but nothing happens at the camp at 3 am in the night.

That's all what to do now? You dont know anything about the ufo high above the hippy camp nor about the one at fort z cause both ufo's are hard to find. as for the hippy camp you can only find it by accident, because there is no real clue on where to find it and for the fort z ufo. let's be honest how high are the chances to find the green glowing on top of that bunker at 3 am in the night. they are really slim. in addition to that you have to make a connection between the green glow and an ufo above you. you could search for hours without finding it. people can confirm how hard it is to spot that lil fcker.

what about the underwater ufo? the only thing you know is that omega said that once an ufo had crashed. but as far as i can remember he didnt gave you a clue where it crashed. So that find was a lucky one too. because again you didnt had any clues on where to find it.

but if you do see the other ufos on the internet you automatically draw a connection between all ufos. i doubt that this is the case because they cant be linked since we are missing the clues for them.

with that all theories bringing all the ufos together are debunked. plain and simpel.

now what are we missing?

i had an idea while typing this. we found some glyphs that are "doubled"

White glyphs:

3 am

Rain

On top of a mountain

Washed away

Eye

Red glyphs:

Eye

Rain

Yellow glyphs:

3 am

(maybe the glyph in the sand next to the red arrow?)

theory:

I wondered why the glyphs are redundant... but maybe they arent. I believe that each color has his own set of glyphs. the white ones most likely easy to spot pointing where to be the other ones to be found. the glyph in the sand would be another location then. and with the wow signal next to it i assume that the yellow pair of glyphs is for the hippy camp ufo.

just want to add that we originally thought all easter eggs were to be figured out ingame . But we have found that isnt the case . Example the hatch code . Extensive research was done out of game to figure out that code .

themutedtrumpet

just want to add that we originally thought all easter eggs were to be figured out ingame . But we have found that isnt the case . Example the hatch code . Extensive research was done out of game to figure out that code .

Sorry, what is this 'hatch code'?

Edited by themutedtrumpet

pedroc1999

Back to discussing our theories

My breakdown of the mural...

1. On top there is an eye, or UFO, that appears to be shining. (Our UFO)

2. It fits the face of the Chilliad perfectly from one side, and decently from the other (Could mean symmetry?)

3. There are lighting bolts or power strikes on the outside(Thunder)

4. There is clearly a Cartoony UFO in the 1st square, notice it is much rounder than any UFO we've found ingame. Similiar to the UFO on top of the car in Sandy Shored

5. There is a cracked egg in the middle square, maybe hinting at the fact this is just Easter Egg?

6. Clearly a man with a jetpack, notice the handles he is holding on to

7. There are only 3 'Connections' inside the mural that make it to the outside, one straight from the Jetpack, one on the top, and one directly above the UFO box, could indicate hidden tunnels

8. There are 'X's in boxes on the Mural, but some are washed away and look a bit more like just dashes

9. There are some sort of 'Stretch marks' leading down from the mural, this i have no explanation of

Some theories based on above...

2. It fits the face of the Chilliad almost perfectly, so for me, it must be the overlay over the map.

7. Maybe, if we had a 3D model of the mountain, we could pinpoint exactly where the tunnels lead out to, maybe revealing something.

We also know there is some 'Non solid' bits of the mountain, that somebody has managed to throw bombs into, and they don't fall into Blue Hell, if they did, we wouldn't hear the bang as it being close, so there is something solid in the inside of that no solid wall.

COMMENTS?

STOP POSTING THIS.

THIS HAS BEEN SAID BY YOU 3 TIMES AND ANOTHER 1000000 TIMES BY EVERYONE ELSE.

I have read all 50 pages and only 2-3 of the things I said were actually mentioned, so stop trying to start arguing or whatever, I just thought they weren't seen because of the recent Reddit post

ThatPotatoGuy

2. It fits the face of the Chilliad perfectly from one side, and decently from the other (Could mean symmetry?)

4. There is clearly a Cartoony UFO in the 1st square, notice it is much rounder than any UFO we've found ingame. Similiar to the UFO on top of the car in Sandy Shored

5. There is a cracked egg in the middle square, maybe hinting at the fact this is just Easter Egg?

7. There are only 3 'Connections' inside the mural that make it to the outside, one straight from the Jetpack, one on the top, and one directly above the UFO box, could indicate hidden tunnels

8. There are 'X's in boxes on the Mural, but some are washed away and look a bit more like just dashes

9. There are some sort of 'Stretch marks' leading down from the mural, this i have no explanation of

2. It fits the face of the Chilliad almost perfectly, so for me, it must be the overlay over the map.

7. Maybe, if we had a 3D model of the mountain, we could pinpoint exactly where the tunnels lead out to, maybe revealing something.

We also know there is some 'Non solid' bits of the mountain, that somebody has managed to throw bombs into, and they don't fall into Blue Hell, if they did, we wouldn't hear the bang as it being close, so there is something solid in the inside of that no solid wall.

COMMENTS?

STOP POSTING THIS.

I have read all 50 pages and only 2-3 of the things I said were actually mentioned, so stop trying to start arguing or whatever, I just thought they weren't seen because of the recent Reddit post

there are whole threads with mapping and locations and stuff you didn't say anything new,sorry it's just that with so many people hunting there is little room for original thought.Happened to me as well.

StangOne50

its in another thread somewhere . in the ocean is a hatch supposedly with someone inside tapping and they translated the tapping to something about roman and bowling .

themutedtrumpet

Oh right, I knew about the existence of this hatch, hadn't heard about this 'tapping' thing. Is there any chance you could link to the post where you read it?

pedroc1999

COMMENTS?

STOP POSTING THIS.

there are whole threads with mapping and locations and stuff you didn't say anything new,sorry it's just that with so many people hunting there is little room for original thought.Happened to me as well.

Ive read a few forums and havnt read nothing about the 3 paths that lead out, only of the ones within that have no end, might have missed nothing, just trying to jog peoples memory with my points of view etc

its in another thread somewhere . in the ocean is a hatch supposedly with someone inside tapping and they translated the tapping to something about roman and bowling .

Didnt know this...

rovert

the San Chiamski Mountain Range's highest peak has the same shape like the mural, if you are looking from Ammu-nation in Sandy Shores. Use sniper rifle scope.

pedroc1999

the San Chiamski Mountain Range's highest peak has the same shape like the mural, if you are looking from Ammu-nation in Sandy Shores. Use sniper rifle scope.

Post a picture from that spot, could be a breakthrough

proxygeek

Sanity Check:

THERE IS A JETPACK.

For the trolls, skeptics, and pessimists. I have said this before to myself and this has been said on these boards:

"Why would the mural clearly show a Jetpack glyph if it wasn't in the game?"

I agree.

1. It makes ZERO sense to put the Jetpack in a cryptic GTA version of CIA's "Kryptos" only for it not to be in the game.

2. The negative press associated with adding a direct teaser/hint to the Jetpack only for it not to be in the game would be too great. The Jetpack was liked by most in San Andreas, R* wouldn't allude, refer, suggest to it being in GTA V only for it not to be.

3. Could it be a teaser? Yes. But why? It certainly isn't a technical challenge to add it to the game (with that said, it's no cakewalk either as all GTA vehicles have semi accurate physics characteristics, the crop duster handles differently than other prop planes, etc). Since San Andreas had the Jetpack, it makes perfect sense it would be in GTA V.

I think we have collected A TON of in-game clues that need to be parsed. I also think that since R* enjoys screwing with us in their typical humorous ways, it's not unreasonable to conclude that the Jetpack may indeed be "unlocked" in the future.

My personal theory is that a flyable UFO and Jetpack are only supporting players in a GRAND EASTER EGG yet to be found. I feel like the egg is in place and R* is holding back a bit of code until the time is right and then we will be flying through the skies in Jetpacks drilling each other. LOL.

Another theory of mine is that we will be able to use the Jetpack to reach a UFO.

It almost seems like the UFO will GTA V's "stairway to heaven" IMHO.

Edited by proxygeek

pedroc1999

Sanity Check:

THERE IS A JETPACK.

For the trolls, skeptics, and pessimists. I have said this before to myself and this has been said on these boards:

I agree.

1. It makes ZERO sense to put the Jetpack in a cryptic GTA version of CIA's "Kryptos" only for it not to be in the game.

2. The negative press associated with adding a direct teaser/hint to the Jetpack only for it not to be in the game would be too great. The Jetpack was liked by most in San Andreas, R* wouldn't allude, refer, suggest to it being in GTA V only for it not to be.

3. Could it be a teaser? Yes. But why? It certainly isn't a technical challenge to add it to the game (with that said, it's no cakewalk either as all GTA vehicles have semi accurate physics characteristics, the crop duster handles differently than other prop planes, etc). Since San Andreas had the Jetpack, it makes perfect sense it would be in GTA V.

I think we have collected A TON of in-game clues that need to be parsed. I also think that since R* enjoys screwing with us in their typical humorous ways, it's not unreasonable to conclude that the Jetpack may indeed be "unlocked" in the future.

My personal theory is that a flyable UFO and Jetpack are only supporting players in a GRAND EASTER EGG yet to be found. I feel like the egg is in place and R* is holding back a bit of code until the time is right and then we will be flying through the skies in Jetpacks drilling each other. LOL.

Another theory of mine is that we will be able to use the Jetpack to reach a UFO.

Thats the spirit!

Such coveted items are worthy only to players that rack up game hours trying to solve it, makes sense for it to be a challenge

Chernobyl_sunrise

I've thought for a while that Mt Josiah was more like the shape of the mural than Chiliad. San Chianski too now you mention it. I take it you have come across the two telescopes in the Grand Senora Desert while picking up the spaceship parts? One is pointed at Mt Chiliad and the other at San Chiaski.

Completely unrelated but just along from that, towards the runway, there's a wooden door to an underground mine/cave. You can't do anything to the door and when you try and throw a sticky to it it just goes through to the other side.

Edited by Chernobyl_sunrise

StangOne50

Oh right, I knew about the existence of this hatch, hadn't heard about this 'tapping' thing. Is there any chance you could link to the post where you read it?

i cant link . there was mention of it in the other chiliad thread in the V section . And i believe it also had its own thread but not sure what section .

proxygeek

Sanity Check:

THERE IS A JETPACK.

I agree.

Thats the spirit!

Such coveted items are worthy only to players that rack up game hours trying to solve it, makes sense for it to be a challenge

Yeah, another theory floating around regarding the Egg glyph is that it very well may be referring to "The LOST Hatch". You know, a play on words, "Hatch". I am convinced this is what the Egg refers to and leads us to the "Grand Egg". This may or may not be the Jetpack. Though, I think the Jetpack will be unlocked in the process. I think the grand Easter Egg will be learning the truth behind the FIB involvement with Aliens. What is the number one conspiracy we nearly all believe or at least can't quickly discount? An elaborate government cover up regarding the existence of UFOs.

It's not unreasonable to wonder if we're not doing enough to focus on that hatch. I know people have hit innumerable hatch dead ends, but we need to keep pressing. It might even be that R* will eventually unlock the hatch in the future.

I think there is still A LOT WE DON'T KNOW.

Lost is mentioned A LOT in the game dialogue, it would make sense that the hatch will play a greater role.

Logically, it seems likely that the hatch would lead to a cavern or the like. You wouldn't be leaving with the Jetpack through the hatch as it's underwater and you would have Scuba gear on to boot. This makes me think that perhaps the answer to the sealed Chiliad door mystery is that they are an exit, NOT an entrance. Perhaps you enter the mountain through the hatch and exit from the Chiliad mural doors?

Lots to discover gents.

pedroc1999

The hatch tap is indeed morse code, and a mini easter egg from Roman (Nikos Cousin)

From the hatch thread...

"HEY, YOU NEVER CALL, HOW D'YOU FANCY GOING BOWLING"

It is that or something very close/along those lines.

talkol

I've been following for some time and haven't seen this suggestion, sry if dup:

Sometimes you need to take photo with your in game phone and send it to a contact. Like the hunting mini games for Trevor.

What if we need to photograph the Mt chilliad ufo at 3am and send it to someone for the next clue

For example, have Franklin send it to his aunt because she has an illuminati picture on her mantle

McGyver55
Get ready to gloss over and ignore this…

Ready?

I tried skimming this thread again and after at least two aneurysms, I have not seen anyone mention this exact point (as far as I have seen)....

This part is not new information but several people have mentioned (me included) that the eye sculptures are only visible as an eye from certain angles... this was glossed over very quickly because it did not mention having sex with bigfoot on the hood of the space docker at 3am at the top of mount Chiliad during a rainstorm on the second full moon of the third month while wearing a epsilon robe. As much fun as that sounds, do you really think the model makers went through the trouble of making these frickn' models (there are at least three different versions) for no friggin reason?

I mentioned that the one in front of the observatory has a smaller one at the bottom of the column pointed in one direction, while the one at the top of the column points elsewhere. There is a small satellite dish atop the elevator column that seems to point at the eye on top of the column as well (I'm not 100% sure that it lines up perfectly though)... Also the big one at the Kortz center seems to be an issue for me... on three occasions I tried to photograph the eye aligned and the security guard attacked me, resulting in a one star wanted level. I don't know if thats a personal glitch on my copy or what, but it happened on 3 separate real life days and I did not have a gun out or do anything stupid. I think someone mentioned a forth eye sculpture, but surprisingly I can't seem to find that post, so I may just have mistook their meaning or something.

None of that is news... I'm just pointing it out again because it must have some purpose...

Now here is the part that is possibly a new idea...

Has anyone tried taking a pencil or a crayon using a ruler and drawing on their (paper) maps or a copy thereof, lines (to line up) what some of the these clue are aimed at... not just the sculptures (because NOBODY likes that idea since it doesn't involve bigfoot sex at 3am), but the arrows, the glyphs, all that stuff... do it in an image editing program if you must... but really, if you want to try and see if there is something to this just use a friggin' pencil on your paper map...

If you saw the Da Vinci Code, at the end, Langdon follows the Rose Line to the Holy Grail... In real life the Rose Line is a brass strip on the floor of the Priory of Sion...

Brass.

The inlaid metal strip in the walkways in front of the Galileo Observatory seems to be brass.

The Observatory is named after Galileo, who in popular culture (fiction) is believed to have been a member of the Illuminati... there is in many of the odder "clues" (maybe not really clues- who knows) with in the city and its architecture, a very strong reference to the illuminati.

Galileo is also believed to have preformed an experiment (called the bell and ball experiment) in which a ball was rolled down a track on an inclined plane... Up on the hill next to the observatory is on of those shack restaurants with a big orange ball on top which if you push it off rolls down the wash lines (which act like tracks) of the mountain... I keep losing it, but it does seem to move slow enough to be followed... I'm curious if it strikes something bell-like at some point... The ball though is probably just stupid coincidence... But really its not all that much stupider than some of the other stupid stuff I've seen.

I really think that the observatory, as well as the eye sculptures DO play an important part in this egg hunt...

But I think it is way more important for you all to go on bickering over the same topics and not try anything new because if you do you might actually find something of importance and eventually end up solving this and then you won't have anything to bicker about and what fun would that be.

So now forget you ever saw this because it is long and boring and does not end with kinky bigfoot sex.

One other thing…

For the love of god- PLEASE- PEOPLE... Stop multiple quoting. This whole thread would probably be ten or twenty pages long if you folks would just quote the relevant material. Seriously people this is painful to look at. Not only that but nobody ends up reading the one sentence reply written between the thirty other quote boxes above it, so its pointless. If it is a really long quote and you are just quoting one sentence... erase the unnecessary crap. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE?

My f**king eyeballs want explode reading this thread. - Thank you.

If anything is ever found because of this thread… I think AnEvilVet and the few other folks who have sanely kept this thread on track really aught to get a gold medal… or a beer… something, at least a thank you.

But anyway… someone who has a better grasp of where these clues are and where some of them point should really try drawing them out on a map… there HAS to be some reason to the positioning. There is even that comment from one of the hippies at the UFO sculpture park "If you look at a satellite map some of the rocks in the desert line up".

Maybe correctly drawing lines on the map may reveal something, or at least point us in a more productive direction.

Thank you for your time- I do realize its worth something.

Have an awesome day.

Edited by McGyver55

proxygeek

Even though the hatch is a good distance from Chiliad, who know if it leads to a long labyrinth of tunnels to Chiliad.

Stupid question:

1. Can sticky bombs be detonated underwater?

2. If yes, have we tossed one/some on to the hatch?

I can't imagine that hatch is just there, but maybe it is. It would certainly make a compelling puzzle solution to a "Hatching" egg.

Xx-Starchild-xX

I think when you manage to "take controll" of the military base, a flyable UFO will be unlocked, and also a jetpack. I doubt its more complicated than that.. But how to take controll of the military base, is another question.. Maybe you need special clothes.. I donno..

Chernobyl_sunrise

A lot of sense spoken there McGyver55. I actually came across that orange ball last night and knocked it off. I too lost it as it roll down the mountain but if you had a bike I reckon you could keep up with it. Be interesting to see if it takes the same path down every time.

pedroc1999

Get ready to gloss over and ignore this…
Ready?

Very interesting, and that is too much fact to be coincidense

I've been following for some time and haven't seen this suggestion, sry if dup:

Sometimes you need to take photo with your in game phone and send it to a contact. Like the hunting mini games for Trevor.

What if we need to photograph the Mt chilliad ufo at 3am and send it to someone for the next clue

For example, have Franklin send it to his aunt because she has an illuminati picture on her mantle

People have tried, but you cant send pictures to people outside of missiopms

Even though the hatch is a good distance from Chiliad, who know if it leads to a long labyrinth of tunnels to Chiliad.

Stupid question:

I can't imagine that hatch is just there, but maybe it is. It would certainly make a compelling puzzle solution to a "Hatching" egg.

Dont think so, but worth a shot

themutedtrumpet

Stupid question:

Don't know if they can be detonated underwater, but you certainly can't throw them when you're underwater so doesn't seem like there would be a way to get one on the hatch.

Luizi
blaa blaa blaa....

what about the underwater ufo? the only thing you know is that omega said that once an ufo had crashed. but as far as i can remember he didnt gave you a clue where it crashed. So that find was a lucky one too. because again you didnt had any clues on where to find it.

.... blaa blaa blaa.

I do agree everything else in this post, except this part. There is a very big "clue" to find this. If you find all the collectables (in this case, the nuclear waste and submarine parts) there are few very close to that ufo. So if you get them all you just simply cant miss the ufo.

McGyver55

I also tried dressing one of the pigs at the pig farm in an epsilon costume and then following him to see where he went... oddly enough he didn't do much.

I am currently training an army of cows to take over the city... I believe if they can capture the mayor and the other members of Los Santos government the conspiracy will crumble and a mountain lion will fly in on a jet pack and deliver onto me a flyable UFO in a giant plastic easter egg.

I also believe this post will be taken way more seriously than my previous one.

McGyver55

A lot of sense spoken there McGyver55.

Wow... DUDE... Thank you!!

StangOne50

A lot of sense spoken there McGyver55. I actually came across that orange ball last night and knocked it off. I too lost it as it roll down the mountain but if you had a bike I reckon you could keep up with it. Be interesting to see if it takes the same path down every time.

you can follow it down the mountain and even push it around .

Grumbledore

and here we go again over complicating everything

great job guys. i gonna hunt on my own. this doesnt make sense anymore. will see if someone replys to the link i posted on reddit about my post here.

have fun cya

Edited by Grumbledore

McGyver55

Quote- stangone50: "you can follow it down the mountain and even push it around ."

Nope... you can follow it down... I suck, my character keeps falling down and by the time his dumb ass stops rolling, I have lost it...

but I only tried twice... or maybe three times... I actually did find a pig farm because of it and I did follow a loose pig around for a while... it was late and I was curious if the pig knew something I didn't.

I may have also been a bit drunk.

I just found out about the ball and bell experiment today when I googled stuff about Galileo... I don't actually think it is relevant, but I was wondering if the ball ends up somewhere that may be of interest.

.Lb

Stupid question:

525aca7d793cb.jpg

This didn't work. Stickies don't make an explosion underwater, they just destroy the sub.

I have also called Roman and dialed the numbers from Lost whiles underwater => http://gtaforums.com/topic/604880-underwater-hatch-morse-code-lets-decode-it/page-5?do=findComment&comment=1063721985

Edited by .Lb

themutedtrumpet

and here we go again over complicating everything

great job guys. i gonna hunt on my own. this doesnt make sense anymore. will see if someone replys to the link i posted on reddit about my post here.

have fun cya

I read your post thoroughly (if it's the one I think you're referring to) and yes, it seems like a very logical idea that there is some sort of colour code to them. But what were you expecting people to reply with? We know the glyphs are all different colours, but I imagine if someone made something of that they would have shared with us. If you can expand on this theory then I am all ears...