Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,107 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BURNFIREFLY

Best GTA Protagonist

820 members have voted

1. 1. Best GTA Protagonist

• Claude Speed
    • Tommy Vercetti
    • Carl "CJ" Johnson
    • Toni Cipriani
    • Victor Vance
    • Niko Bellic
    • Johnny Klebitz
    • Luis Fernando Lopez
    • Michael De Santa
    • Franklin Clinton
    • Trevor Phillips
    • GTAO protagonist
    • Huang Lee

Watain

1. Johnny Klebitz - The one I relate to the most on a personal level. He was so black-and-white on the outside yet still colored on the inside. Seemingly a very coldhearted, tough and fearless character to outsiders, but that is just his misjudged outside and in reality he is a loyal "brother" and companion. Playing as Johnny K and hanging out with the good guys in the Lost MC reminded me so much of myself and my brothers - a closed circle but also an unbreakable one.

2. Niko Bellic - More or less tied with Johnny as the #1. I always thought he and Johnny were a lot like each other, except they had different backgrounds and styles. Niko was probably somewhat more colorful compared to Johnny, despite also coming across as a coldhearted killer (in most cases anyway). I really connected with Niko and his story felt like he was initially a good guy turned bad by his own friends, and to some extent his native country's government and whatnot as well.

3. Tommy Vercetti - It's been a long time since VC so it's hard to remember everything, but I do remember thinking Tommy was being very intimidating and commanding. A fearless man who'd get things done, for good or bad. I really enjoyed playing as Tommy back in the days of VC.

4. CJ - A somewhat down-to-earth kind of protagonist. He was good at being a thug but also striving towards not being one. With that said, I think he could sometimes come across as whiney which kind of annoyed me ... a lot.

5. Victor Vance - Possibly the most honourable protagonist. I thought he was a refreshing protagonist at the time but unfortunately I don't remember much else about him or VCS.

6. Claude - I thought GTA III and the 3D era were so cool when they arrived. I was just a kid at the time but I remember thinking that Claude looked like a badass. These days I like him more for being a mute. That way he can't be as annoying as the remaining protagonists. (lol)

7. Trevor Philips - Interesting character to say the least. I like Trevor, apart from killing Johnny (f*ck you R* for that bullsh*t btw), but I always had one problem with him. To me he comes across as more of a supporting-type character or even a main antagonist. I think it was the wrong move to make him a protagonist. It would've added more mystique to his personality if he'd just been an NPC.

8. Michael De Santa - A typical middle-aged drunk dad who's still stuck in his teenage dreams. Not quite what I regard as GTA protagonist material, but whatever. It's more or less the same thing with Michael as with Trevor - he should've been a supporting character instead.

9. Franklin Clinton - How do I best describe my opinion about Franklin? Well, he's like a CJ lite. Rather futile and overall underdeveloped. Meh.

10. Luis Lopez - Ugh. I just hated him. He's the epitome of what kind of people I tend to despise. It's something with his attitude and way about things. Just no.

11. Toni Cipriani - The only thing I remember about Toni at all is thinking he was piss boring, both as a supporting character as well as a protagonist. That probably sums it up perfectly anyway.

I don't recall much about the rest and/or I never played as some of the remaining protagonists at all.

Edited by Watain

Good Hombre

Niko

Tommy

Johnny

CJ

Luis

Toni

Victor

Claude

Huang Lee

Michael

Franklin

GTA VI protagonist

Trevor

Edited by Good Hombre

Richie Makyura

Toni Cipriani or Claude Speed. :)

Niko

Niko

Niko

Tommy

Johnny

CJ

Luis

Toni

Victor

Claude

Huang Lee

Michael

Franklin

GTA VI protagonist

Trevor

GTA VI Protagonist :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SabreGT

I firmly believe that Niko Bellic is the greatest video game character in the history of the medium.

Dan_1983

Niko Bellic.

Algonquin Assassin

Toni Cipriani or Claude Speed. :)

Niko

Niko

Niko

Tommy

Johnny

CJ

Luis

Toni

Victor

Claude

Huang Lee

Michael

Franklin

GTA VI protagonist

Trevor

GTA VI Protagonist :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Put it like this he (or she) can't be any worse than the man child. I'd say it's accurate.

Ertan Soner

Niko is one of the few character in any video game I care about. He is funny and badass at the same time.

Hot Pursuit

1. Michael De Santa

2. Trevor Philips

3. Franklin Clinton

4. Fido (Silent, badass killer)

5. Tommy Vercetti

6. Carl Johnson

7. Toni Cipriani

8. Victor Vance

9. Huang Lee

10. Chop

11. GTA Online Protagonist

12. Mike

E: Added Chop and GTAO Protag

Edited by CGFforLife

Algonquin Assassin

By bumping this thread it only makes Niko’s crushing lead even more sweeter.:p

ClaudeIzABadAzz

By bumping this thread it only makes Niko’s crushing lead even more sweeter. :p

OK lets be honest, Tommy is such a good character, and badass, that he doesn't need people to vote for him - because he's already the king.

Niko's great, but no one's as good as the Harwood Butcher.

Am Shaegar

CJ is simply the best. Apart from the superb story, I could sustain a thousand hours of addictive gameplay without putting the game down.

Algonquin Assassin

By bumping this thread it only makes Niko’s crushing lead even more sweeter. :p

OK lets be honest, Tommy is such a good character, and badass, that he doesn't need people to vote for him - because he's already the king.

Niko's great, but no one's as good as the Harwood Butcher.

Tommy’s without question the king of the 3D era. No arguments there.:)

Prasdana21

Update for the end of 2016 and the beggining pf 2017.

Just a note here, I like every single protagonists here. I don't hate any protagonist. Maybe a bit here and there, but overall I like them all.

1. Niko Bellic: His story was a tragedy. His background is more detailed than any other GTA protagonist. A cold-killer who actually has a big heart. The most human protagonist for me. I love his sarcastic humour attitude as well.

2. Carl Johnson: A lot of memories. He has the most variety emotions of the cast. He actually wanted to get out from the hood, but still rolling with them out of the loyalty to his big brother despite he's already a millionare. I like his progression from the bottom to the top.

3. Johnny Klebitz: He was a very loyal guy. He always cared about The Lost and his brothers. He doesn't deserved the ending he got in V.

4. Tommy Vercetti: A classic Mafia guy. The fact that he's able to take over Vice City is really amazing. Arguably the most intelligent GTA protagonist. He has so many memorable quotes too and can be funny when he wants to be.

5. Victor Vance: A good guy in the bad guy's game yet still managed to take over Vice City (albeit for temporary only). His Army back-ground gave him an aura respect for him. The second most decent protagonist IMO.

6. Trevor Phillips: Funny, loyal, honest, and unpredictable. Michael might be the central protagonist of V, but Trevor is the one who steal the show. My only problem is that he can be so perverted even towards men (His attitude towards Floyd is the biggest example). Could be my number one pick if he doesn't show his pervert side.

7. Mike (GTA Advance): A loyal guy and has zero tolerance to traitors. That's what I like about him. He's a funny guy too.

8. Michael De Santa: The central protagonist of GTA V. His setting in Vinewood makes sense since he loves 80's movies so much. He wants to connect with his family despite they always insult him everytime they can. Could be higher in my list if he didn't betray Trevor in the pilot.

9. Luis Lopez: The most decent GTA protagonist IMO. Always trying to find a good solution to everyone and a very loyal guy to Tony, his Mom, Armando, and Henrique. Too bad, He is NOT the protagonist of TBOGT. Gay Tony is the real protagonist of TBOGT and that's why Luis is so low in my list. Could be higher if TBOGT is centered around him.

10. Claude: A cold-blood silent killer. I like him, but he has no personality and has no loyalty to everyone albeit the latter part is understandable due to Catalina betrayed his loyalty.

11. Franklin Clinton: I like him honestly, but unfortunately, he's an underdeveloped character. Still, he has natural charisma and he's likeable.

12. Toni Cipriani: He is Tommy Vercetti without being a boss. My only problem is that the plot of LCS is centered around Salvatore. Pretty much like Luis, Toni is NOT the protagonist of LCS and that's why he's at the second bottom of my list.

13. Huang Lee: A bit of prick but I love his sarcastic humor attitude. He knows Wushu as well and that's a plus.

I'd put Trevor in the number 11 now, so Claude moves up to the ninth spot and Franklin is in the top 10.

Why? The fact that Trevor left Michael alone in The North Yankton and not even trying to help Franklin when The Triads kidnapped Michael really made me think Trevor is a hypocrite. I knew he was so salty to Michael at that time but if he's truly loyal, he SHOULD helped Michael. He could still be mad to Michael AFTER he saved Michael for all I care but he seems like "whatever" when Franklin asked for his help to save Michael. I know he did help Michael at FIB Building during the four way fight between Michael and Dave, FIB, IAA, and Merryweather but what if Franklin wasn't successful to save Michael? He would never get a chance to help Michael in that 4 way fight. He'd probably blamed Franklin too. I know this is a fictional story, but it really pissed me off. Still a funny protagonist for the most part though.

Surya926

3D Era: CJ - so many memorable moments.

HD Era: Niko Bellic - moral choices and overall good story.

Sleepwalking

3D: CJ

HD: Johnny

Penguin Bob

You know what, i'm gonna completely honest.....I LOVE ALL OF THE PROTAGONISTS. I think all of them are badasses. Tommy is my #1 badass list. Last is Vic Vance. Vic Vance is a badass as well but not badass enough.

Typhus

In terms of how they were written, and their ability to connect with the audience on an emotional level, Niko wins hands down. He is, to date, the only character whose problems feel genuine and emotions seem authentic. Michael comes close, I'll admit, but it's hard to take anything in V seriously when you have a Daffy Duck-esque character like Trevor polluting the entire narrative acting like some edgy, angsty teenager who has to always remind the player how key-razzzy he is.

Though, for the sake of not being obvious, I cast my vote for Fido. He is every bit as mercenary as Niko, but doesn't have any of his conscience. Niko, whilst often betraying those he comes into contact with, has pangs of guilt about it. But not this guy. I think the best indication of his character is when Asuka is torturing Miguel. Fido knows what really happened, but he just doesn't give a sh*t, as long as he gets paid he's happy. Even with the revenge subplot, he's still and out-and-out villain, and still stands out among the other characters for his sheer ruthlessness.

Journey_95

Glad to see Niko still leading this poll, especially with such a big difference..(rather surprised about that). I guess not many can say no to the most well written GTA protagonist.

Edited by Journey_95

DirtCheap

It's a tough choice for me but my favourite protagonists are Tommy, CJ, Niko and Trevor.

These 4 protagonists seem to be the most badass IMO and will do the craziest things just to get what they want.

The rest never appealed to me as they were either boring,weak or hypocritical.

Algonquin Assassin

Glad to see Niko still leading this poll, especially with such a big difference..(rather surprised about that). I guess not many can say no to the most well written GTA protagonist.

It doesnt surprise me really.

GTA IVs story usually runs away with these kind of polls so it only makes sense Niko would too since hes the main reason the storys so awesome aswell as the rest of the game.:)

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Scias

My vote goes to Tommy Vercetti as he is my very first Protagonist I played with GTA 3D, I like his style and his fashion is good as well as his sense of humor.

I like his perseverance of getting into the top, king of the city. He has the personality that makes the one who plays the game keep going because of his attitude as the others says he is stubborn and if he decided to do one task, he don't think of a second thought.

Journey_95

My ranking:

1. Niko Bellic- Most human and compelling protagonist of the series. I doubt I'll ever be as invested in a GTA story again

2. Tommy Vercetti- Love how he doesn't take sh*t from anyone + he has a lot of memorable lines.

3. Michael De Santa- Very interesting and refreshing character. The protagonist who has apparently achieved it all.

4. Johnny Klebitz- Badass in TLAD and I liked how much he cared for the Lost and his bro's but hate how Rockstar butchered him.

5. Trevor Phillips- Too cartoony to be taken seriously but he is still a lot of fun and his relationship with Michael is fantastic.

6. Victor Vance- Maybe too "good" for a GTA game but I still like him.

7. CJ- Great in the LS missions, sadly he is very inconsistent in the rest of the game.

8. Franklin Clinto- Bland as hell, should have just been a side character.

9. Luis Lopez- Tony is the real star of TBOGT, Luis was so boring.

10. Toni Cipriani- Talking Claude and Sal's pussy. Nothing interesting here.

11. Claude- Has zero character. Fine for his time but considering Rockstar already created Tommy just a year later I still feel like he could have been better.

Edited by Journey_95