Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,365 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
ThirteenAG

[III|VC|SA] SaveLoader

ThirteenAG

A plugin for GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas, which automatically loads most recent savegame at game's launch.

CD7D7EE.png MCLQAis.png zJYqoRK.png

Download

Requires ASI Loader

Hold shift after running the game to go to the menu.

Supported exe's: Any of GTA 3/VC, GTA SA 1.0

Options/Features:
[MAIN]LoadSlot = 0 // 0 - auto, 1-128 - available slots(8 shows ingame), 129 - new game. -1 - disable.SkipIntro = 1SkipOutro = 1 // Disables outro screen in VC.DisableLoadingScreens = 1 // Disables loadscreens in III and VC. Works also as fastloader in SA.CustomUserFilesDirectoryInGameDir = 0// user files will be stored in a specified directory, for example - 'save' (without quotes). Set to 0 to disable.[GTASnP.com]UploadSaves = 1 // When saving the game in 8th slot plugin will upload it to GTASnP.com and save the link here. You can continue the game while save is being uploaded.DownloadSaves = 1 // Loading save from 8th slot will result downloading it from GTASnP.com.CopyUrlToClipboard = 1 // After saving the game to 8th slot gtasnp link will be copied to clipboard.
Edited by ThirteenAG

MW_29

I'm working on a new save loader plugin, which loads the most recent savegame automatically after the game is started.

The same way all GTA games on consoles works.

Download link

It's a bit unfinished, i want some more features to add some time later, but for now, only save loading is done.

Supported exe's: GTA 3/VC 1.0, 1.1, steam. GTA SA 1.0.

...haven't You made anything like this earlier already? I was using all the time something called VCfastloader.asi but i'm unsure whether You was the author :p

Edited by MW_29

ThirteenAG

...haven't You made anything like this earlier already? I was using all the time something called VCfastloader.asi but i'm unsure whether You was the author :p

Yeah, but it's an old plugin written on Delphi :catspider: , I just wanted to refresh it with some new cool features. I've done GTASnP upload and download recently, but still trying to find out how to use download feature. As for upload, for now every save game, saved to last slot in menu(8), also duplicated on GTA SnP and the result page(example) stored in User Files directory.

So i'm thinking i just add a hotkey, for example, if in menu F9 was pressed, latest uploaded save to GTA SnP downloads to userfiles directory and then game loads it. Any propositions/ideas?

Edited by ThirteenAG

ShaunNoWay

Works great! What other features are you adding? I can't think of a whole lot of things you can do for something as simple as this.

ThirteenAG

I finished gtasnp.com upload and download recently, but there's no notifications about these things, and that is something i want to add too. Maybe i will upload a test version tomorrow or so, after i make sure all basic things is working properly.

ThirteenAG

Ok, seems like i don't have enough time to finish it once and for all, so i'm uploading it to a test: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qxlgf7

Personally tested on gta3 v1.0, but i think i didn't break anything in VC or SA part of the code.

How to use:

After installing it to root, mss or scripts(gta sa only) directory, latest save game will be loaded automatically when the game starts. It's better to disable intro movies and have fastloader in gta sa. If there's no saves in User Files directory, new game will be started(thanks to maxorator). You can define what to load in SaveLoader_gta3vcsa.ini:

[MAIN]Enable = 1LoadSlot = 0 //0 - auto, 1-128 - available slots(8 shows ingame), 129 - new game.[saveNPlay]Enable = 1Latest=http://gtasnp.com/40518 
About SaveNPlay feature. Plugin can upload and download save games from http://gtasnp.com/. To upload a savegame, just use 8 slot in game menu to save. Upload will start automatically, and after that plugin will create GTA3sf8-gtaSnP.html inside User Files directory with gtasnp saved page( example output). After uploading, ini file will also contain a url of your save("Latest"). This is used to download save, if the url is correct, press F9 inside main menu, then wait a few seconds(there's no notifications at all <yet>), downloaded save will be at 8 slot and game will load it.

This is very experimental feature, so be careful :)

Edited by ThirteenAG

ThirteenAG

v1.0 is finally released. SnP support was removed for now, because it stopped working for some reason.

Also make sure you downloaded updated Vice City's widescreen fix, or starting a new game isn't gonna work.

Tested only on all 1.0 exes, but there was 1.1 and steam support back in 2013, so it might still work on these(3/VC).

Download link

Silent

SnP support was removed for now, because it stopped working for some reason.

Store them in a cloud!

cloudd.jpg

Russell_Stone

Store them in a cloud!cloudd.jpg

Vista?????? In 2015?????????????

Snoops27

Awesome!

MrMateczko

Store them in a cloud!

Vista?????? In 2015?????????????

What's so shocking about that? Vista SP2 is usable. SA runs even on Windows 98.

Silent, will you stop teasing the cloud saving and actually release it?

NIce job updating the mod...even if it took over a year, we don't really have a Fast Loader for VC/III like for SA, good job!

Edited by MrMateczko

Inadequate

Nice work 13AG. Finally an update. :D

Inadequate

Hey 13AG, I was testing the v1.02 an hour ago and in VC and SA works perfectly, but in III works fine only when I choose new game gave me an unhandled exception. You can look into this?

ThirteenAG

Do you have an error log/address? Can't reproduce any crashes on my end.

ThirteenAG

Hey 13AG, I was testing the v1.02 an hour ago and in VC and SA works perfectly, but in III works fine only when I choose new game gave me an unhandled exception. You can look into this?

EDIT: Fixed in v1.1. Redownload.

ThirteenAG

v2.0 released, check the first post. It's compatible with SilentPatch, works properly and GTASNP support is back! Borrowed some code from LINK's improved fastloader btw.

CD7D7EE.png MCLQAis.png zJYqoRK.png

Edited by ThirteenAG

Marsi4eg

GTA3 crashes on loadscreens if there appears LOADSC0 texture. The same was in old first release, updated to see if it's fixed - but no

George Costanza

Ye it's not because of this mod. I don't use it and same thing happens to me.

ThirteenAG

How about log/dumbass/error address at least? Is it 100% caused by saveloader or not?

Edited by Silent

Blood Tiger

Hi, i have problem. When saveloader don't load a save, and starts a new game, after that when i try to start a new game game freezes. What is that?

ThirteenAG

What game?

Marsi4eg

How about log/dumbass/error address at least? Is it 100% caused by saveloader or not?

Those loadscreens are not used without saveloader, so maybe its a game's native bug but saveloader 'enables' it.

I don't know how to log gta3, and actually it doesn't crash, it freezes forever. Really you can reproduce this just by restarting a game for a couple of times.

Also it doesn't load the last savegame in 'auto' mode - loads pre-last. (I have 1,2,3 and 7 slots saved. The last is 7, pre-last is 3 and it loads third slot now for some reason)

v1.0 loads the last save file correctly.

In VC it's ok. Haven't tested in SA

Edited by Marsi4eg

ThirteenAG

Those loadscreens are not used without saveloader, so maybe its a game's native bug but saveloader 'enables' it.

SaveLoader doesn't do anything to loadscreens though? Except it can disable them completely.

Marsi4eg

SaveLoader doesn't do anything to loadscreens though? Except it can disable them completely.

OK, so maybe you could consider that situation with loadscreens as a suggestion, not a bugreport ;)

Blood Tiger

What game?

SA

ThirteenAG

SA

Indeed, I'll fix it in the next version.

ThirteenAG

v2.2 released, new game crash in SA should be fixed.

Blood Tiger

v2.2 released, new game crash in SA should be fixed.

Nice job! This bag has been fixed.

pez2k

Spotted one little bug when used with GTA3 (tested with v1.0) - in the FindFiles function you're using find_first_of to get the slot number from the filename, however for that game the save files are named GTA3sfn.b - this means that it always detects the save as slot 3. The quickest fix is to use find_last_of instead, I would presume?

ThirteenAG

Spotted one little bug when used with GTA3 (tested with v1.0) - in the FindFiles function you're using find_first_of to get the slot number from the filename, however for that game the save files are named GTA3sfn.b - this means that it always detects the save as slot 3. The quickest fix is to use find_last_of instead, I would presume?

sh*t, yeah. Good point. Fixed.