Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,812 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

sheehy83

Crew Limit?

sheehy83

I have a crew and we reached 300 members but no one else can seem to join. Is 300 the limit? I guess the ones with thousands are Rockstar crews made by devs?

Also, I setup the crew for a local games forum in Ireland but since the 300 limit was reached, I have over 1000 people looking to join from all over Europe. Anyone else seeing a lot of people looking to join your crew? It's a bit strange.

Ertrick36

Yes and yes. 300 is the limit, and the ones with thousands are Rockstar crews.

What I recommend is creating different sects for the crew. In other words, create multiple crews that are of different departments based off of location (e.g. one crew-sector for Ireland, one for the Netherlands, one for Spain, etc.), and have the "leaders" of these crews be residents of those areas. The true crew leader can be the one in charge of overarching decisions that effect the crew in general, while the heads of each sector control the decisions that only effect that sector of the crew. Have the leader of the forum (you, I assume) control the crew via the forums, and make it a rule to communicate via the forums.

Just an idea, though.

EJTexasMade

Yeah, you could continue having other branches of the crew and just recruit forever, but that isn't how you become a top crew. The top crews utilize their 300 to the best of their ability by getting rid of weak players on a constant basis. Thus, only using their 300 spots on people who actually bring in XP.

Ertrick36

Yeah, you could continue having other branches of the crew and just recruit forever, but that isn't how you become a top crew. The top crews utilize their 300 to the best of their ability by getting rid of weak players on a constant basis. Thus, only using their 300 spots on people who actually bring in XP.

Good point, but this guy sounds like he wants all the members of the forum to be a part of the action. Though I'd have to say, if you got 1,000 players in your crew already, you probably weren't being too selective. What kind of crew is this? And more importantly, what are the prerequisites for joining? Do you just accept any grunt for your crew, or do they have to have a specific resume? An overflow of potential recruits usually happens when you have little or no requirements for players to join, which is why a lot of the Rockstar crews have more than 300 members.

sheehy83

Only wanted a crew for forum members. Someone has setup a 2nd crew for the increase in crew requests so that's being handled. It's an Irish forum so we just kept the crew link on the forum, not sure how 1000 people from over Europe want to join when I haven't been recruiting like that. Someone on the crew must have put up a link on gamefaqs or something I'm guessing. Anyway, thanks lads, really looking forwar dto Online, should be a great laugh!

RichG

I can see one of those branches becoming too successful and going independant, that would make for some epic role-playing and rivalries. Man, I cannot wait for Online, gotta find a crew for myself, I think I'll see if anyone needs a driver as I consider myself very competent in that field. I like the idea of selling your skillsets to a potential employing crew.

McMurphy

If the limit of members is set at 300, then why do some crews have over 20,000 members?