1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

No more Lester missions... how do I proft with stock market now?

LotusRIP

Is there any way in free roam to manipulate the stock market to make huge profits? Similarly to the assassination missions given by Lester?

Some people are saying it's impossible, but some say you can... please give an answer that has been tested and proven to work.

I really hope this stock market concept is a continuous thing that we can go on to play with endlessly... I've just finished the Lester assassinations and now I'm worried that I've gambled small amounts of money and should have waited until I finished the game and gambled everything I ended up with!

Really wish Rockstar had done a little more tutorial stuff regarding this in V... they just briefly mentioned that it's there and you have to figure it out for yourself. I'm sure plenty of average users don't even know the ingame stock market even exists. Once again plenty of features are hidden in the phone like in IV!

Apparently you can eliminate competition.

Say you invest in Burgershot (I'd do it on LCN rather than Bawsaq) you can head to Cluckin' Bell farm and destroy their trucks and keep going and returning and doing it. You barely profit though.

• Like 1

What Temperr said is entirely untrue (no disrepect). The theory is based on assumptions with no evidence supporting it.

The stock market wont net you mega bucks unless you used it during the assassination missions

DwnShft2Xcelr8

The stock market wont net you mega bucks unless you used it during the assassination missions

Yeah, I found this out the hard way. I invested so much money into various companies with all 3 characters to end up either only profiting by a very small amount or losing money.

The stock market concept was brilliant, but it's also stupid as f*ck. It's one of those things that are amazing in the beginning because it makes you think it'll be impressive, but it ends up being useless in the long run.

• Like 2
Elemental716

Buy low and sell high. When you look at stocks you will see there is a high, low, and a current price for 1 stock. You want to buy in when the current stock price is near its lowest. That way most likely stocks will go up and if your luck they will sky rocket. Invest a lot. Put in as much as you got if it looks like a good time to buy in. Don't buy less than 200k worth because the more you put in the more profit you get.

I have heard but yet to try that you can destroy certain cars which drops their stock prices. Then you buy in to their stock when it's low then go out and destroy its competing company's cars and the stock should go up. I have also heard you can take out competitors trucks on the free way and manipulate the stocks that way. It's all still kinda new and people are still trying to figure out how it exactly works outin free roam.

KillaDanny

go to the airport, destroy the planes and everything else you see in there... prices for the company who makes the flight will go down drastically, then you purchase a bunch of stocks, wait until the company is back up on their feet and suddenly money starts to rain

Edited by KillaDanny

What Temperr said is entirely untrue (no disrepect). The theory is based on assumptions with no evidence supporting it.

Yes I'm thinking this is the case. So it seems that the Stock Market is completely linear and our actions have no effect on it whatsoever.

Do the share prices jump up and down much on their own? I'm wondering if people have gotten lucky by just banking all their money on 1 company and waiting for a slight increase in return percentage (which could mean 100,000's if you bank enough on it). This at least would make me happy enough. But I'm wondering if they move up and down at all? they all seem to sit around the same figure all the time. Being able to manipulate by destroying vans etc would have been the more fun way of dealing with the stock market. At this stage it seems like it's basically pure gambling.

Edited by LotusRIP

I tested that exact theory myself and it turned out to profit Burger Shot but that might've just been a coincidence.

Yeah repeat the process and you'll notice it is inconsistent. The occassions when it seems to affect the stock price is as you said merely a coincidence.

As also previously stated the stock market seemed like a great concept but it just doesn't work.

ixiboneheadixi

Yes I'm thinking this is the case. So it seems that the Stock Market is completely linear and our actions have no effect on it whatsoever.

Do the share prices jump up and down much on their own? I'm wondering if people have gotten lucky by just banking all their money on 1 company and waiting for a slight increase in return percentage (which could mean 100,000's if you bank enough on it). This at least would make me happy enough. But I'm wondering if they move up and down at all? they all seem to sit around the same figure all the time. Being able to manipulate by destroying vans etc would have been the more fun way of dealing with the stock market. At this stage it seems like it's basically pure gambling.

you can double your money on some stocks if you buy in at the right price, just study them see when they are at their lowest and what their highest is

you can double your money on some stocks if you buy in at the right price, just study them see when they are at their lowest and what their highest is

wrong. ive been buying when stocks are at their lowest, and then the stock somehow jumps from low to high without me getting any money from it!!!!

• Like 1

Yea in my opinion i have no idea. It could just be assumptions. Maybe, for example you could invest a lot

of money in a clothing store or ammunation then buy loads of stuff from them like clothes or guns/ammo, respectively. It may increase the payout from shares. But once again this is a guess.

Edited by Iroquois

A lot of people are talking from their asses here because they've got no idea how the stockmarket works. Your ingame ACTIONS DO affect the stock market, it's not a coincidence.

This video explains the 4 different ways you can make a profit on the stockmarket:

^ He then says that free roam actions on the stock market is the most unreliable and unproven method. We're just going around in circles here...

I've tested the free roam theory...I was an idiot and did the lester missions without listening to the dialogue. ..welp I f'd up and never invested in the companies. So i tried to recoop from that. I invested in air EMU.....went to the airport and destroyed flyUS planes. Within five minutes AirEMUs stocks were low and gaining. I think it was roughly -10%....climbed to a 0% all within 5 min...basically zeroing out to the point of breaking even. Then shortly after it declined to a -3 % ....coincidence? Not sure. Will be testing this again later

Invest in the Insurance Company (Cant remember what it is called) and go out and cause mayhem.

That doesn't make sense. Causing mayhem implies that insurance companies will be faced with enormous insurance claims from their customers...not really something which increases their value I reckon. Unless the mayhem causes people previously without insurance to buy one en masse maybe but I doubt that.

• Like 1

Buy low and sell high. When you look at stocks you will see there is a high, low, and a current price for 1 stock. You want to buy in when the current stock price is near its lowest. That way most likely stocks will go up and if your luck they will sky rocket.

You'd think so but I've invested in 4 or 5 different struggling businesses since the game's release and not once have I seen a green arrow.

you can double your money on some stocks if you buy in at the right price, just study them see when they are at their lowest and what their highest iswrong. ive been buying when stocks are at their lowest, and then the stock somehow jumps from low to high without me getting any money from it!!!!

Something's wrong with your game then.. It's entirely possible to double your money on stock.. I use the cigarette companies, and get back loads...

Don't be a jerk and just say "wrong" when you don't know what your talking about.

richard1997jones

I put all my money in los Santos radio when it was low but it didn't work. So I tested the listening theory. Apparently listening to the station makes prices go up. Well there lying it went down 9% and I had to sell in the end for like 12% lower than I payed. Very fustraighting.

A lot of people are talking from their asses here because they've got no idea how the stockmarket works. Your ingame ACTIONS DO affect the stock market, it's not a coincidence.

This video explains the 4 different ways you can make a profit on the stockmarket:

urbanfire, no offence to you but that video was full of sh*t, the guy in it was talking out of his arse and dick simultaneously, as I said I mean no offence to you just the idiot in the video.

He said to use the graphs to spot trends, the graphs are broken. how do I know this?

• the diagrams do not match up with the numbers
  • the graphs never change shape over time unless you reload, try it, wait 3 days ingame and the line is the same shape but the X-axis showing the days has changed, reload the game the graph changes, but is still incorrect.
  • The lines also show massive fluctuations, but I keep my eye on the share price, doesn't change anywhere near that much.
  • Like 1
  • 5 months later...
Emperor Zero

Well I guess I f*cked up, I did the Lester missions months ago without knowing they influence the stock markets. I need to buy the golf course and the movie theaters still and I don't have nearly enough for some of them. 91% complete and now I'm probably going to have to start from scratch once again. I knew I should have used a walkthrough when I first played this game.

The same tutorial I used for the Assassination missions mentioned something about rival companies. I didn't pay much attention to that part since I already got the money I needed. Maybe they can be affected somehow.

The only one I remember right now is Burger Shot/Up-N-Atom. Also if you didn't do it, take Timm to the airport and invest in Tinkle when he tells you to do. You'll get around a 30% of profit there

Almost everybody played the game and then noticed the lester missions when it was too late, of course me included

Gotta start over, simple as that.

The market is f*cked up, I´ve been reading here and there, and everybody puts a million theories but the truth is that it does not work

I have around 2 billions because of assassination missions and so on, and i didnt even had the epsilon money or the nuclear waste.

There´s only 1 company i recommend buying. It ALWAYS goes up, but what i dont know is when it stops going up, once i had so much money i didnt care anymore. You start a game, and you buy stocks, and stocks and stocks, you buy stocks till the last mission, cash out, do the lester missions and the random event, and then you have a lot of money, but what i havent tried is to invest in it afterwards (as i said, i had lot of money and didnt care), and that might even get you more, because im +90% sure that it kept going up quite a lot.

The company is AUG Insurance in LCN. As said before, it makes no sense, you destroy a lot of sh*t and the insurance stocks go up? maybe people get scared and they insurance more than what the company loses and that makes the stocks go up? could be their logic, anyway, that works 100%.

Emperor Zero

Almost everybody played the game and then noticed the lester missions when it was too late, of course me included

Gotta start over, simple as that.

The market is f*cked up, I´ve been reading here and there, and everybody puts a million theories but the truth is that it does not work

I have around 2 billions because of assassination missions and so on, and i didnt even had the epsilon money or the nuclear waste.

There´s only 1 company i recommend buying. It ALWAYS goes up, but what i dont know is when it stops going up, once i had so much money i didnt care anymore. You start a game, and you buy stocks, and stocks and stocks, you buy stocks till the last mission, cash out, do the lester missions and the random event, and then you have a lot of money, but what i havent tried is to invest in it afterwards (as i said, i had lot of money and didnt care), and that might even get you more, because im +90% sure that it kept going up quite a lot.

The company is AUG Insurance in LCN. As said before, it makes no sense, you destroy a lot of sh*t and the insurance stocks go up? maybe people get scared and they insurance more than what the company loses and that makes the stocks go up? could be their logic, anyway, that works 100%.

I have almost 200 hours put into my current file, this sucks donkey balls if I have to start over, unless I go get that guy and bring him to the airport and invest in that stock, even then I still won't have nearly enough for any of the remaining assets, so I'm pretty much f*cked and I have to start all over, which is bullsh*t because I'm almost 100% complete.

OrionSR

It is possible to manipulate the random fluctuations of the LCN market using quick saves and loading to earn about 15% return in about an hour, repeatedly. The main problem with the strategy is it helps a lot to have a stock value near minimum, which for the half dozen or so normal stocks I've checked, appears to be (3.42 +/- 0.01). So if your lowest stock is 15.5 it may take about 10 hours to get set up for the exploit.

Normal stocks are not manipulated by the game scripts.

In the long run you'll earn a lot more repeating a 15% return every hour than 30% in two hours.

I am confident that others will be able to repeat this exploit, but I'm still waiting for confirmation.

clevertrev

@ Tensa, you don't need to own all the property's to get 100% in the game. None of the property's count towards 100% game completion.

back on topic, I got stocks that have been in the red for over a Month now. when ever I check on them it nearly always says they where at a high price but they have just droped to way under what I paid for them. I have tried checking every ingame hour but they just stay the same.

richard1997jones

It depends how much money your effectively gambling, 100 million at 1% is a million where as 100k is only 1k. It makes no difference how much is invested, the only thing that changes is the greater the risk and obviously even the though the percentage would stay the same the outcome would be greater.

So I checked that tutorial again, but of course it says that if it works or not is still in debate so if you wanna try quck save before doing it

The list was this one:

• CoolBeans / BeanMachine
  • Burgershot / Up-An-Atom
  • Clucking Bell / TacoBomb
  • FlyUS / AirEmu
  • GoPostal / PostOP
  • Bilkington / DollarPills
  • Pisswasser / Logger
  • MazeBank / BankOfLiberty
  • Redwood / Debonaire
  • Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter / Bullhead
  • RadioLosSantos / WorldwideFM
  • eCola /Raine

Now how can you affect Radio Los Santos /Worldwide FM stocks is beyond me...

Edited by Vec