3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

LiGzz

Does Anyone Else Not Like Trevor

bigMARS

Yeah, I'm pro-Trevor. He's the most fun play as in free-roam. His interactions with pedestrians, his general swagger, everything about him is just hilarious. He's probably one of the best characters ever in the entire franchise. Playing as Trevor allows me to wreak havoc.

DarkFalcon95

Yeah, I'm pro-Trevor. He's the most fun play as in free-roam. His interactions with pedestrians, his general swagger, everything about him is just hilarious. He's probably one of the best characters ever in the entire franchise. Playing as Trevor allows me to wreak havoc.

I love his random pedestrian encounters. You can walk up and press right on the D-pad and he'll just insult everyone.

My favorite one is when you talk to someone and he says "f*ck you". Then they say something back like "say that again". Then he'll say it again, but slower like. "f*ck....you!". Then I proceed to beat the sh*t outta the random. God first time I did that I was laughing my ass off.

Patriot_Action

I didn't like him from when I watched character trailers. I've said multiple times how I think he's a shallow character, pandering to people who like to pretend they're "reckless." I was somewhat pleasantly surprised that there was some depth to his character (he's far more intelligent than I expected), but I still hold my initial opinion of him for the most part. I would play through any available missions for him back-to-back so I could stop playing as him. A distant third for me.

Edited by Patriot_Action

dp415263

I like him, but Frankliin is the most boring GTA Protag ever

Aly Zaroon

I like him he is sorta

innocent and straight to his friends brad,michael

kastrenzo

I didn't feel the same connection to any of them as I did for CJ or Niko because none of them really get as much time to introduce them and get a feel for them, as out of the 69 missions, each only gets about 5 or 6 solo missions

Where Trevor is originally from though, that was pretty funny...and unexpected for most

polycount

I don't like him simply because it feels like they tried too hard to make him the comedic relief. To me, he has absolutely no redeeming qualities. He's a huge dick to the people that keep him afloat and alive, he's irrational, and I don't find him fun to play. I can't think of a single GTA 5 character I've ever disliked so much or had a harder time relating to.

NothingPersonal

Trevor is probably the most realistic accurate portrayal of serious criminals I've seen in anything: Hilarious but in a f*cking crazy way, abrasive towards everyone whilst they tolerate him as he's bizarrely charismatic in a protective manner, controlling with fear to anyone encountered, unpredictable as f*ck (i.e. hypothetically laughing at a guy's joke and then just hammer him to death because 'he didn't get the joke, but he just made one out of his head')...

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I'm surprised so many people hate

Johnny

. Was it because he didn't have an

over the top retarded story like Luis

?

snacker111

I thought I would hate trevor, but omfg he is my favorite now....you need to dress him well like a suit jacket + a cap + shades and he looks badass

Edited by snacker111

Enterprise

I'm surprised so many people hate

Johnny

. Was it because he didn't have an

over the top retarded story like Luis

?

i don't really like him that much

because he was crying into my ear all the time (that's how it felt to me while playing his story)

god84

I like the fact his character makes mass destruction so valid and kind of realistic.

I however dont like his bullying and mentally abusive nature.

gnrdeth13

I dig Trevor. I'm just not high on the VO actor doing his dialogue. I think the character is great, but the voice/vocal delivery nearly ruins him for me.

Michael has been my favorite character since I first saw his trailer. I can relate to several things about him.

MeGusta90

I like all the new characters, but I like Trevor the most.

Realistic Steak Cult

I like him, but Frankliin is the most boring GTA Protag ever

I totally agree with you. Franklin doesnt knwo what he wants most of the times and switcing to him is always traffic jam or going out of strip club or out with Lamar. I really think that he has been created for people who are obssesed with GTA:SA.

shamalpilot

I love trevor he's a pilot like me private pilot he is funny and unpredictable but he has a heart when he showed care for tracey and lloyd

dantheman9856

i like him because of the fact i don't connect with him. I like michael because I can resonate with him, as for franklin...i don't really click with him. The whole saying "nigga" every 4 seconds when he and Lamar hang out doesn't do much for me.

GTAIVman

I love Trevor. He's an ass and has some balls. He doesn't take sh*t from anyone and he's funny.

Mobster124

I have just met Trevor and he's crazy. I like him so far. andqaas

OhHeyBro

The only people who like Trevor are immature teenage boys who think he's funny. He is by far the worst character I have ever played.

So just because people have different opinions on him that makes us immature teenage boys? Learn to respect others opinions.

Trevor's just psycho. He's the perfect character to go on a rampage with in my opinion.

You should not be going on rampages. Are you sick in the head who would do that?

OhHeyBro

I love him, Frankin on the other hand i cant bear. Its all 'ni**er' this and 'mother f*cker' that. And i dont like his voice either.

That sounds more like Lamar. Franklin is more like "sheet, whatever man.", "man, you a punk!" etc... Don't think he swears too much.

Kratos2000

I don't particularly like any of them. I don't feel that connection like I did to previous protagonists.

You felt connected to claude? to CJ who's emotionally as developed as a companion cube? to Niko who's just plain bland and annoying. . . ?

I like Trevor, he has some sort of depth to him that no previous GTA protag had, Michael has it too.

Edited by Kratos2000

BabyDontHurtMe

<---- Here is another Trevor lover. In my opinion is he the best gta character ever. Even better psycho than Vaas.

SmoothGetaway

Trevor will forever be the teddy bear sniffing psycho to me. He's got some great lines, and an interesting angle in the story.

Personally I like rampaging with Mike or Frank more, because it's out of character for them. I've never needed a Trevor character for an excuse to rampage, but that's just me.

Realistic Steak Cult

Lets rename this thread to Does Anyone Else Like Trevor?

Degrees

I like him,

but the entirety of TLaD GTA IV forum hates him.

Which is one of the only reasons I like him lol. Didn't like the way

he treated Floyd really f*cked up. Plus taking advantage of dumb Wade look pretty women forget about your cousin.

FranklinDeRoosevelt

I LOVE him. Absolute psycho he is, an asshole but funny character at the same time. I lol'd at some of his lines too. I felt awkward when he entered Michael's house for the first time, the look on his face suggested at that time he wanted to kick the living CRAP out of him. But he's a dedicated friend.

Spaghetti Cat

That whole intro had my jaw on the floor. I almost couldn't believe it. It was hard to even shoot...well spoilers and all. But wow. Talk about burning the past down.

Though I agree he's a fantastic character so far. Lots of great and funny moments. I've only started with Trev, but the whole tour of the lab was great. By the way, big shout out to the chinese guy, he's pretty funny as well. Also the story Trevor tells while driving to Los Santos had me in stitches. Just a great character so far.

SpidersWeb

For the first half of the story I hated him.

Now I think he's god damn hilarious and one of my favourite characters.

confederatestatesgta

TREVOR IS THE BEST!!! and dont use the excuse that he killed j i liked j to and yea it would have been nice to see j fight back to but i got over it. he is barely behind niko in my book.