2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Yuvalino

The Fort Zancudo Topic!

player999

As you can see in my videos, it is very well possible to get the Titan out of the base and to LSIA, at least with the trick of changing characters - I did it a dozent times. And you can see as well, that not only the tanks are the problem, but simple shots from MGs and the Lazers do their share, too.

Edited by player999

DaltonWilliams123

I know a way that MAY help with stealing Aircraft from Fort Zancudo. If you take off and look behind you directly until clear of the base and it appears to delay the spawn of the Jet attacks. Bear in mind they will still spawn but you will be out of range when they do.

jNewton182

Can you access the tower online? Me and a friend just got to the front door and it wouldn't open and of course we got blown to peices by tanks,

ten-a-penny

Can you access the tower online? Me and a friend just got to the front door and it wouldn't open and of course we got blown to peices by tanks,

I think yes. By parking the car on the doors then exit. It'll teleports you inside.

jNewton182

I think yes. By parking the car on the doors then exit. It'll teleports you inside.

Ah right okay, will be difficult without the 'Blind Eye' service but okay thank you :-)

ZovaHeadquarters

Hey guys so it bought to my mind that outside fort zancdo their are those jets. well i was thinking they look like a real life version of the F35 which is a VTOL plane due to its engines or something like that. so i am putting two and two together and maybe thinking it is a DLC clue maybe. (Here are the pictures) f35-af1-af2-lm2.jpg250px-FortZancudo-GTAV-Statue.jpg sorry one is bigger than the other

Edited by ZovaHeadquarters

Alvarez

Hey guys so it bought to my mind that outside fort zancdo their are those jets. well i was thinking they look like a real life version of the F35 which is a VTOL plane due to its engines or something like that. so i am putting two and two together and maybe thinking it is a DLC clue maybe.

Big news.

It's the beta Lazer, called Hydra. I would welcome it back, though. Rockstar shouldn't pass the opportunity to make fun of wasted American tax money on overpriced gizmos.

Also, tanks did fire at you in GTA2, but only the roadblock ones.

Edited by Barefoot Tiger
please don't quote pictures

ZovaHeadquarters

Hey guys so it bought to my mind that outside fort zancdo their are those jets. well i was thinking they look like a real life version of the F35 which is a VTOL plane due to its engines or something like that. so i am putting two and two together and maybe thinking it is a DLC clue maybe.

Big news.

It's the beta Lazer, called Hydra. I would welcome it back, though. Rockstar shouldn't pass the opportunity to make fun of wasted American tax money on overpriced gizmos.

ah right its only an idea i thought of

Edited by Barefoot Tiger
please don't quote pictures

wiizardii

1. Take a helicopter.

2. Go to high ass altitude.

3. Jump with a parachute

4. Jump onto the titan QUICK. By this time (Sometimes, atleast) the guards won't notice you

5. When you take the titan, turn as quickly as possible

6. UP UP, AND AWAYYYYY (to the airport, and save the titan)

~Tiger~

I know a way that MAY help with stealing Aircraft from Fort Zancudo. If you take off and look behind you directly until clear of the base and it appears to delay the spawn of the Jet attacks. Bear in mind they will still spawn but you will be out of range when they do.

This is excellent advice. The game engine will spawn aircraft directly behind the player but if that behind area is on screen, the spawn mechanism will not trigger for some time and the spawn distance is increased.

universetwisters

I remember doing the same exact thing stealing the fighter jets out of Area 69 and delaying the SAM missiles with that.

ten-a-penny

I remember doing the same exact thing stealing the fighter jets out of Area 69 and delaying the SAM missiles with that.

For real? I didn't knew you could do this in GTA:SA. :lol:

Xerukal

Do the tanks spawn infinitely at 5 stars/full alert once inside the base? I was doing an invincibility rampage and I wanted to make a flashy getaway using a stolen fighter jet, but the damn tanks kept spawning and blowing the jets up before I could get into them.

kevin de santa

If you get a taxi call a taxi mission and go into the base when the waypoint is marked on reader it delays the wanted level

zynlen101

I can only imagine the conversation between an Air Force Security Forces member and the base commander.

Commander: "Ah, Tech Sergeant, how's the situation surrounding our security?"

SF: "We've had over 200 break-ins, 127 successful in regards to stolen equipment, and over 500+ personnel dead last week. But other than that we're doing fine. Lobbyists seem pretty happy to replace our jet fighters and tanks, and there seems to be a new wave of recruits to swell our ranks coming in everyday.

Commander: "Good work, Sergeant. i'll be sure to nominate you for an Air Force Commendation Medal for providing such excellent security. Dismissed."

streetx1xracer

Big news.

ah right its only an idea i thought of Well in Creator, they made a new category specifically for fighter jets. So hopefully this is an indication of things to come.

THE_TREVALEV

This is excellent advice. The game engine will spawn aircraft directly behind the player but if that behind area is on screen, the spawn mechanism will not trigger for some time and the spawn distance is increased.

I'm guessing a work around to pop ins?

Yuvalino

I can only imagine the conversation between an Air Force Security Forces member and the base commander.

Commander: "Ah, Tech Sergeant, how's the situation surrounding our security?"

SF: "We've had over 200 break-ins, 127 successful in regards to stolen equipment, and over 500+ personnel dead last week. But other than that we're doing fine. Lobbyists seem pretty happy to replace our jet fighters and tanks, and there seems to be a new wave of recruits to swell our ranks coming in everyday.

Commander: "Good work, Sergeant. i'll be sure to nominate you for an Air Force Commendation Medal for providing such excellent security. Dismissed."

That is a good laugh :)

DaltonWilliams123

Don't know if its been mentioned or not but using the trench around the perimeter of the base doesn't get you a wanted level unless you have one already and its quite good for escaping the 4 stars if you jumped onto the runway from the highway and need to plan you're next move.

As it shows on the map on the OP, there is a Lazer diagonal to the fire station across the runway.

Use the trench to go to the fire station and using a fast car with good acceleration (I used my "Green Lantern" Zentorno), drive across the runway to the Lazer.

Depending on the car you used, you shouldn't get a wanted level until you are at the Lazer. Jump in, and fly towards the mountain, I managed to get away before the missiles were in range.

dyspair

hey guys, new to the forum. i was curious about the tower and wondering if i was missing something but upon reading most of this thread, a lot of people have issues getting the titan safely out of the base. so, i offer what i have learned and how i did it. 1st, i did it with Francklin, not treavor. (im working on getting it with treavor currently) anyway, i use franklins car supe'd up, or anything pretty fast. i pick an entrance to drive to fast as i can and as soon as i crash the gate, i hit franklins driving special. (the times i come from the mountain entrance, the special is about empty by the time i reach the titan spawn closest to the tower (i always go to the spawn closest to the tower because there are fewer obstructions)) the alarms is right on time but going so fast - and being able to control it better- you should reach the titan before too many guards are firing at you. its a bit of luck and timing that you arent blown to bits by a tank or 30.... if i made it to the titan, i reverse is all the way to the main strip. 2) if i head to the ocean i will take heavy damage and usually lose 2 engines. ive barley made it to the airport but only succesfully landed once. on the other hand, i avoided choppers long enough that my wanted level dissapeared by the time i was on approach, so it was only a matter of landing the plane and hoping the other engines didnt give out on me ***this usually failed lol** 3) heading inland instead is what works for me. same reverse move to the strip but take off in the direction of treavors' airport. you may end up running over a few jeeps but its not so bad. you lift off and as soon as you hear the guy announce the warning, (you should be just higher than the fencing ahead) bank hard right and dive into the creek area below their radar. you can follow the canyon or you can come up the mountainside toward the city, either way, when your out of their airspace climb fast and climb high. going inland it takes longer to lose the choppers as one appears every minute or so, but the higher you are, the easier it is to divert out of thier field of vision..soon the level will drop and you can go land (assuming you havent taken too much damage) its not easy as you may know, it took me around a hundred tries just to find out a scenario where i knew it was possible to get the plane to the airport but, and maybe its just me, franklins ability to barrel into the base with better control thus wasting less time getting to the carrier was the key. cuz as long as i got to the titan before too many military personel got to me, then i was able to take the plane and make it to the airfield. this is of course pinning on NO TANKS FIRING AT ME lol.

Jenia

Use a Save Editor. That's all. No drama.

DaltonWilliams123

Use a Save Editor. That's all. No drama.

Ever heard of legit methods? Its not just the vehicles, its the fun you get from doing it.

EchoFour

Found a good way to evade missiles. When you bear the bleeps warning you, perform an aileron roll left or right, it doesn't matter. For some reason, which I would expect is due to the changing position of the tailfins (where the missiles always seem to hit), the missiles will explode yet do a grand total of 0 damage to you. It also seems that the Rhino tanks have the accuracy of a veteran sniper or something. They are easily capable of nope-ing you and your Lazer into the hospital while you're doing full speed!

Ryan2501

Anyone had much joy with the Zancudo UFO? I've seen two other flying UFOs (Chiliad & hippy camp) but can't get to see this one... please help!

JumpingKentFlash

Youtube is your friend. I've never been able to land on it though.

Ryan2501

The trouble with Youtube is most of the videos start with the UFO already in sight, and the couple I have found with a bit more information just take it as a given that the green light will occur at 3am - but this is not my experience.

Not seen any mention of character, weather etc. I have 100% and I have seen the Chiliad UFO and the hippy camp UFO - can't think why the Zancudo one wont show.

Edited by Ryan2501

stobe187

In new-gen version, there is a lot more air traffic near the army base. I was trudging along in the shallows when all of a sudden three fighter jets flew over me towards the sunset.

Edited by stobe187

Hereiamhereibe

Just thought id give what info i think is special that ive found but if you get a helicopter pickup from merryweather online you can have the cabby fly right over zancudo and you wont get wanted level hovering still gives no wanted level. And my best method for stealing any plane from zancudo is to skydive or parachute directly to the vehicle get in get airborne and just keep "barrel rolling" missiles have a harder time locking on in this state.

Ryan2501

Went in there the other day (PS4) and for the first time ever, apart from the usual jeeps that chase you, I was being chased by soldiers driving grey/black sports cars. Forgot the name of the car, but what's that all about?

Error2k

On next gen story mode it's impossible now to steal the lazer from Fort Zancude. EVERYTIME when starting the jet someone shoots me with lazer gun and after few seconds my jet stops working.