2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Yuvalino

The Fort Zancudo Topic!

Djevelen

Best way I've found to get a Lazer is to fly a plane close and parachute in, landing by either one in the middle of the main Airbase. try to land within the fence and you can get in without getting shot.

Then all you have to do is immediately start it up and take off. And of course be ready to evade some missiles

Foreverpast

Drove in just for fun. (Usually never use a car to enter the base)

Wasn't paying attention & a Titan was taking off (i guess it was on a patrol setting).

It ran me over when it was traveling down the runway.

:cry:

Edited by Foreverpast

Foreverpast

It's still weird (& unrealistic) that one tank is always driving around in the base, patrolling.

Even when your not in the base, no stars, etc............guess they're paranoid about break-ins.

Edited by Foreverpast

Foreverpast

This chopper never lands, only patrols the skies, flees away (if being shot) or explodes.

I've seen it land 3 times now, only on Saturdays around 7:00 - 7:30.

It's a very brief landing though, the opportunity to steal it is no more than 5 full seconds.

I'm going to try it tomorrow, success or not I'll take photos of it when it's landed as well.

Landing location:

Beginning of runway, helipads behind a small caged area of containers & boxes.

Edited by Foreverpast

dyz

Do you guys think fort zancudo is like Area 69??

LotusRIP

I have the P996.

Here is how I did it.

Armor a vehicle and yourself. Drive to the base but don't enter. Park on the bridge and QUICK SAVE HERE! Exit your vehicle and choose the best weapon so the next time you exit your vehicle you're armed immediately.

Drive through the gates and up to the left is a parking lot with army trucks. Drive through there and at the end turn right. Go past the first P996, it's guarded. The second one isn't but the gamble is it sometimes isn't there. Sometimes you can exit thevehicle, steal the P996 and get off the ground without taking ground fire.

Fly straight out to sea and be prepared to fly a few evasive moves because if you're hit once your plane won't outrun them and have the guts left to make it back to Trevor's hanger. So if you get away clean, fly quite wide from the shore and keep going until your wanted level drops away. Fly your new toy home.

That's the first difficult part. The second part is worse. I crashed two before landing one safelty enough to taxi into a hanger to save. The landing is a bitch.

I plan to use the same method to steal a Buzzard.

And I wasn't all that far into the game. I found the base flying over innocently sightseeing. Killed. Had to go back and steal what attacked me.

My method was simple:

Fly above mt. Josiah and parachute towards fort zancudo. Parachute all the way right into a hangar. Get up and fly the P996 outta there quick. Fly up high and fast and the wanted level is gone within 20 seconds. Done.

Edited by LotusRIP

Yuvalino

This chopper never lands, only patrols the skies, flees away (if being shot) or explodes.

It's a very brief landing though, the opportunity to steal it is no more than 5 full seconds.

I'm going to try it tomorrow, success or not I'll take photos of it when it's landed as well.

Landing location:

Never seen it landing, nice though I'll be checking it out.

Do you guys think fort zancudo is like Area 69??

I think it's something similar to Area 69, but it's not as secret and protected as Area 69.

Reshe

It's still weird (& unrealistic) that one tank is always driving around in the base, patrolling.

Even when your not in the base, no stars, etc............guess they're paranoid about break-ins.

The army does weird stuff to train its soldiers. Maybe they were training to drive the tank.

Edited by Reshe

Maglev

Taking the jet is really easy tbh.

Just drive in at 15km/h, maybe drive around the landing strip to get the people away from the jet, get in, take off.

Done.

And you can do the taxi bug and win ±20sec.

BIGDADDY_32693

There is a way to get into the base and get NO STARS. There is a video of it on youtube. Start the Hunting mission with Trevor, (the one where you are hunting elk with that guy), then leave the woods and head into the base, you will be able to just walk right on. Have fun

JKarrde

Well, I must say that stealing a vehicle from Fort Zancudo is both the most rewarding, and by far the MOST ANNOYING experience I have had in the game so far. Currently, I have stolen a Buzzard with Michael after many, many, many attempts, a jet with Trevor after many attempts, and a tank with Franklin after many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, attempts.

The option to use a stealth approach would be greatly appreciated by this particular patron.

SlothZombies

I was able to effortlessly steal a lazer as Franklin.

Just get a fast motorbike, go into one of the surrounding 'moats' either side of the gates with special on (turn it off once you're in there, you won't get a wanted level) - Find an exit from the moat near one of the bunkers, activate Franklins special again then ride straight into one of the bunkers with a lazer in it.

The acceleration on the lazer is good enough that it can take off straight outside the bunker doors, didn't take any hits at all.

jamrag2009

The only way to take the P-996 is probably the parachuting option, which can be done if you parachute right next to the big opened hanger or the tiny hangers at the western side of the airbase.

Get yourself a fast car like a Infernus, drive trough the gate at full speed and if it goes right there will be about 5 second lag for the alarm. ( I quicksaved outside to properly test this and it worked every time) This makes the difference for stealing the jet, since with the alarm lag you are just pulling up with the jet when the first jeep arrives.

When you get to the air you should first initiate evasive manouvers while trying to fly as far away and as high up from the base as possible. After you evade the missiles, keep flying all the way up until your engines stall, then circle in the same area, since when you move a specific length the game will spawn a police helicopter (so high up you can see the curvature of earth, yeah right). Keep circling to stop choppers from spawning and wait until the police forget you just stole jet and go stash it into your hangar.

thats rubbish, you want to stay as low as possible until you are away from the base this way you avoid radar detection which means they dont fire any missiles at you, it even tells you in trevors gun running missions to stay low and you will avoid radar picking you up, i can parachute right into the open hanger, get into the jet, fly straight out the door and take off over the top of the titan sitting there taking no damage to my character or to the plane, if you keep low after you are out of the base it also helps avoid the police choppers when they start coming after you due to the base's radar not picking you up, if i stay low i can fly towards approach position to los santos international and i have lost my wanted level before i need to manouvre for approach

Splinter02

Stealing the Lazer is easy, get the one in the hangar. And there are no SAM/Missile turrets. Enemy jets spawn in the air and lock on to you.

Maglev

I just found another buzzard on top of the Government building east of LS.

Just for those who want a free one.

jamrag2009

someone mentioned earlier about going into the base during the second cleatus mission and ive just done it for a snoop around and ive found a building thats only 1 story high but has an elevator in it, the number above the elevator says -1 which means this must lead to an underground bunker, there are also no smoking/flames signs all round this building which points in the direction of something highly flammable eg jet fuel for jet packs maybe???? 0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Killerman29

i lack the hunter

the buzzard sucks :sui:

jamrag2009

Hey the blueprint map that comes with the limited edition of GTA V has a circle around one of the hangers and it says "Take control" this video shows it :D

thats not a hanger thats circled thats the control tower

The_Epsilonist

----

Edited by The_Epsilonist

The_Epsilonist

someone mentioned earlier about going into the base during the second cleatus mission and ive just done it for a snoop around and ive found a building thats only 1 story high but has an elevator in it, the number above the elevator says -1 which means this must lead to an underground bunker, there are also no smoking/flames signs all round this building which points in the direction of something highly flammable eg jet fuel for jet packs maybe???? 0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

This has been mentioned before.

I managed to no clip inside it by spawning a GT car outside, driving it in and jumping over the car constantly so I kept getting stuck underneath, eventually it put me inside the elevator.

You can't get out but the mere fact it's there and has an interior is pretty cool and maybe at some point it's usable?

Edited by The_Epsilonist

Foreverpast

Landing location:

Never seen it landing, nice though I'll be checking it out.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Here's the proof.

Be nice to have a camo cargobob.

Making a snatch a grab attempt tomorrow.

Edited by Foreverpast

IomMeza

It's easy to steal buzzards, jets and titans using parachute method...

Basically I use a plane, fly over the Military base and then I jumped out before I got star for being in military airforce. I landed near jet plane, took it, dodge missiles and then I escapes from the military.

Simple :) I done that loads of times, so easy.

The only hard bit is escaping the military base with titan, it's easy to steal it and take off but I always got shot down by missiles.

Edited by IomMeza

Dog_Bread

You guys are all being dumb haha. :p

Wen you steal a parked Lazer jet from the hangar [sNIP] you have to drive it on the runway etc... :(

I've never had to do this. I just hold R2, pull back the left stick and it begins to take off before I'm out from under the roof.

phattgreg

Dear Space Omega,

The base truly is a pain to get into undetected. If you are really good a HiLo parachute jumps in the game, it's the easiest way to get into the control tower (Trying to find my pictures of all three characters in the control tower on the social network page). However, you literally have to arrive on the doorstep and then you take damage. They wanted stars to come up, but you see the searching, but they don't know where you are.

Getting the Hercules like aircraft. It can be done and I haven't figured out how to get it out undamaged yet. Get the Yank from the surplus depot and occasionally you can modify to have the armor and specked up. I think it's a glitch, but proved useful. You essentially enter from the eastern entrance as it can take much longer for the alarm to sound. You can use a taxi and preprepare it and as you break the barrier, click the taxi mission. It gives you a short window to get to the aircraft and with the t and take out some of the other tanks before attempting the aircraft.

The easiest Aircraft to steal is the fighter jet in the center bay, Get into the cockpit and hold down the throttle and pull back. Hopefully not getting shot in the process.

Entering without detection.

Without being detected on foot, I can get to the Western Truck bay, with considerable hassle, by following the trenches and carefully observing the paths the characters take. It's easier to enter from the Western entrance, however if you are super sneaky. Ditch the car and hide under the first bridge after entering from the eastern entrance. They soon give up and you can then wall hug your way around using the canal. I managed to get the buzzard attack helicopter this way, after a bit of creative flying about to lose my wanted level.

I should say, I explore games and used to be a games breaker when I was younger. The modding of the tank worked before the second bank job and I think it was a glitch, a useful glitch as I got a damaged F16 for my hassle.

But Thank you Space Omega,the detailed map is very useful, as it has happened before that aircraft are missing and I've no clue what was there. :0)

phattgreg

I forgot to mention something regarding the overhead aircraft. If you land atop the aircraft like the Blimp, you can gain control. I was messing around before activating my pre-order code and gained entry to the herculese like aircraft. Again a possible glitch, but I found it amusing.

phattgreg

You guys are all being dumb haha. :p

Wen you steal a parked Lazer jet from the hangar [sNIP] you have to drive it on the runway etc... :(

"I've never had to do this. I just hold R2, pull back the left stick and it begins to take off before I'm out from under the roof".

So very true, I prefer the one that is facing the hangars, the one that looks impossible to take off and I am airborne in 2 seconds.

Thejamman123

is there any other buildings we can enter?

RoAdKiLL_Perry

I'm new to this topic but I found two videos on how to get the Rhino and the Titan easy. Here the links:

. Thank MorninAfterKill for this. :D

Marc444

I don't think this is a Bug i think this is a (big one ) the job.

i noticed i tried a few times to get into the base to the big plane but i cannot take off due to been shot when i get in.

but what i have noticed is every now and then i drive thought the gate and i don't get spotted till i get close to the hangers where guards are looking all the time this makes me think the guards are off duty or changing when i go thought i noticed you said in the air traffic control where are times in a room i think of the changing of the guard can any one get these times then try cos it take about 30 secs to get the force out on you then you might just be able to do it maby what your thoughts

master1201

if you wana get in,,, take a taxi to the bttm entrance ,,, steal the taxi drive in thru the left gate and gun it up the road and to the left, avoid the parked trucks and the fences,,, right in the middle of the base theres usually a jet in the 1st spot, thats where u want it

kill the gaurd on patrol with a gun if u dont he'll take half your health which you'll need to get into the jet,,,,

once in the jet turn it to the right if u happend to get the 1st jet in the spot closet to where u came in,,,,, once pointed to the right fly between the hangers and up the hill ,,,,, you will be outside the base b4 the second alarm and be able to go park it whereever youd like

http://rsg.ms/18BuTO4