2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

livnew

Buying golf club [SPOILERS]

livnew

So I just completed the game and because I picked good crew I got about $18m for each character. The golf club is $150m... how the hell can I make that amount of money!?

Also: off topic but I've wondered this since the start of the game.... why did the FIB help Michael after the North Yankton thing. Why didn't they arrest him? I must have missed something throughout the story but what did Michael do to earn witness protection? When Dave and that came into the story it got pretty mind f*cked.

ballen205

So I just completed the game and because I picked good crew I got about $18m for each character. The golf club is $150m... how the hell can I make that amount of money!?

Also: off topic but I've wondered this since the start of the game.... why did the FIB help Michael after the North Yankton thing. Why didn't they arrest him? I must have missed something throughout the story but what did Michael do to earn witness protection? When Dave and that came into the story it got pretty mind f*cked.

It would be impossible to buy it without Bawsaq, unless you played for years robbing, properties etc.

Elesdee1487

I picked a horrible crew and made it out with 30 mil a piece hah you got screwed...

livnew

I picked a horrible crew and made it out with 30 mil a piece hah you got screwed...

Which way did you do it? With the distraction or when you take the vans and use that Casey dude to take the gold?

Lord of the Flies

I'd also love to know how the hell to buy the golf club and movie studios. Obviously stocks are the only way, but how do you do it if the assissination missions are behind you (although I invested as much as I could at the time)? I'm really not keen to run around destroying cars and trucks in the hope of a 20% return on investment. Each of my characters has about $30m and I've finished the story. Turning that into over $200m will take forever without consistent 250+% returns on the stock market.

anhkmorpork

Michael went to Dave before the heist, and led them into the ambush. Dave shot and killed Brad, pretending he was Michael, then wounded Michael, pretending he was Brad, before arranging for 'Brad' to become Mr DeSanta.

Money thing. Spoiler Heavy.

When you

Rig the prototype to kill Jay Norris

you have to help

Ricky with virus's

Drive around, but do not go and see Lester at the factory (Wear a suit) to set up the heist. Do Franklin missions, play sports, meet strangers and freaks. After a while you will get a phone call

This is either Amanda "Don't touch me" for the Good Husband, or "Ricky from Lifeinvader"

if it is

Ricky

you now have a new cheap hacker. On the corner of Strawberry Avenue, and Forum Drive is a Dollar Pills Pharmacy

sometimes there will be two blue blips, this is Packie McReary from GTA IV, and a friend. They are committing a robbery, but forgot a car. Turn up with a four door car, and drive them to safety, avoiding police, to gain Packie as a heist gunman, and $1000

, Now when planing the heist

do not use the cheap gunman, he drops $500,000 worth of gems in the store (when going in smart) he will also fall off his bike on getaway, dropping one third of the loot, although if you drive over the bag you get it back. Packie is about as good as the expensive gunman, but 2% cheaper. The cheap driver will bring Racing Bikes, and sound unsure of himself. The expensive driver will bring Dirt bikes, suited to the terrain, and give you directions as you flee. To 100% the mission you are supposed to empty the cases in 50 seconds, Ricky, as the cheapest hacker gives you just under 1 minute. There is no need for an expensive guy. Going in smart, with Karim (Cheap Driver) Packie (Middle Gunman) and Ricky (Cheap Hacker) gets just under $5 Million. $1Mil for Michael, and around $600,000 for Franklin

Once you have done a mission as Trevor

(Kill the lost)

A new crew member becomes available to go and find.

Taliana Martinez, an excellent, and cheap driver, (just 5%) Available as soon as Trevor becomes freeplay, have any character drive up Senora freeway to the north east of the map. Have a reasonably fast car, and no heat. Taliana has been stabbed in the stomach, and needs taking to a safehouse in Sandy Shores before she bleeds out.

Once you are back in LS,

Lester will arrange to meet Franklin by the pier.

This mission has to be done, to allow some of the others to take place

You kill the guy coming out of a hotel, with a sniper rifle, form a parking garage. Have everyone invest in BettaPharmaceuticals beforehand.

All other Lester Missions

The star mission yellow circle is by a payphone

can be left until after the final mission. They are optional, but make big changes in the stock market. Investing the UD money in the correct companies before doing the missions left me with $240,000,000 per character.

If you use Chef for the peledo bay bank job, then two cheap guns, Karim, and Ricky for the rooftop FIB heist, when you get the Union Depository, You can go in loud, with Chef, Packie, Karim and Taliana, or Subtle with Ricky as well, Your Drivers and Optional Hacker will be good, and cheap, and your Gunmen will be better than the expensive.

Hope this helps.