Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,402 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

xxxtrasavage

AMAZING! THANK YOU ALL! LAMAR LOVES YOU!

Grand Theft Savage

"Ah, nigga, don't hate me because I'm beautiful, nigga. Maybe if you got rid of that old ye-ye ass haircut you'd get some bitches on ya dick. Oh, better yet, maybe Tanisha might call yo dog ass if she ever stop f*ckin' with that brain surgeon or lawyer she f*ckin' with. Nigga."

Lamar had the best lines, hands down

vivalavendredi

At first I thought that Lamar is annoying but the more I played the game the more I liked the character.

And a great job you did with giving him your voice and "touch"! cool

Gutslab

AMAZING! THANK YOU ALL! LAMAR LOVES YOU!

RatedRviper

Awesome job man! Lamar was good character.

But I have one question: HOW MUCH ROCKSTAR PAID YOU?

I always wanted to know how much money voice actor gets starring in videogame!

Official General

Congrats bro, your role as Lamar was brilliantly played. That was memorbale stuff.

I just wish we had seen more action in the game from you and Franklin in the hood. I really wanted more gang wars, hustlin', slangin' and all that. Oh well. I still very much enjoyed GTA V, I had mad fun and the story was great.

Great job and well done !! :^:

Edited by Official General

TheFreightTrain

When you "sang" out niiiiiiiigga in one of the first missions with Franklin I already knew this was gonna be the greatest game friggin' ever.

That was probably one of my favorite lines in the game.

That and when him, franklin and chop were riding to kidnap streatch I think it was, his character (Lamar) said " You hear that chop, franks trying to screw you" Just the way that was delivered was epic. I've had three play throughs and both times ive laughed my ass off at those lines.

But my favorite line is from Trevor, " Argh I need to meditate, orrr masterbait....oorrrr both" lol

GTA Worthy

Your an awesome character man and a pro voice for a relevant character thanks for making the best GTA yet!

TheDjsicdog

Does Lamar ever want chop back

Antigen

Lamar was here all along....f*cking unreal....great work on the game!!! makes me wonder who else is here........

twc97

I gotta say you are a hysterical man , Lamar makes me lmfao every time he says somesh*t. Nigg-aa

twc97

"Ah, nigga, don't hate me because I'm beautiful, nigga. Maybe if you got rid of that old ye-ye ass haircut you'd get some bitches on ya dick. Oh, better yet, maybe Tanisha might call yo dog ass if she ever stop f*ckin'

with that brain surgeon or lawyer she f*ckin' with.

Nigga."' This part makes me laugh my ass off everytime I now sing nigga like you did lmao

DrDetroit

Dude, loved Lamar! Dude is fukin OG! Thanks man for the excellent work and wonderful talent. Lamar is the sheeeat!

Good day,

DrDetroit

Celtics

Much Love,

Slink Johnson

aka

Lamar Davis

instagram.com/slinkybaby

twitter.com/slinkybaby

facebook.com/slinkjohnson

Nah... Much love to you m*therf*cka. Franklin didn't bring that GTA: San Andreas vibe by being such a wanna-be-generic-black-ambitious-guy but you definitely did. Of course Lamar was funny character but in a good way! Even if he doesn't have the brain to be a sucessfull criminal I knew from the beginning that he would never turn his back on Franklin... Why? Just because real recognize real and even as a regular white-french Canadian-hockey fan-going to private school I could relate to the '' loyalty feeling '' that Lamar had the whole story.

Like I said on another thread I really hope there's going to be a Gang DLC based on your character... Before/During/After the current GTA V storyline I don't give a f*ck, we just want to get something surrounding Los Santos gangs. I never went to any ghetto IRL but I think they messed up... No 187? No drug dealing? No dog fighting? They could do something crazy about it just like they did with the nightlife with TBOGT. The game don't get me wrong but the ghettos... I'm sure you don't get shot by 25 guys because you're stealing a BMX in real life, Haha.

I know R* said no major DLC but if they don't do that sh*t they're just wrong... This is the perfect city for it, the perfect characters... I know they made 1 billion but they could please the fans by doing it and they would also make a sh*t load of money so everybody's would be happy at the end of the day.

Anyway... Sorry for the big text Haha but this is the first time I'm feeling like I'm going to be read by a guy who gives a f*ck about how I feel about the game. Good luck with your career!

P.s: Sorry about my english!

RAS_ZeroZ

Now we definitely need a mission to kill Lamar.. maybe he double crosses Franklin or something :lol:

HomemadeNapalm

Great job man. You got that Apache blood? Haha

Tacymist

Loved all of Lamar's dialogue, thanks for playing a part in V. :)

Dale Nixon

Much Love,

Slink Johnson

aka

Lamar Davis

instagram.com/slinkybaby

twitter.com/slinkybaby

facebook.com/slinkjohnson

as a regular white-french Canadian-hockey fan-going to private school I could relate to the '' loyalty feeling '' that Lamar had the whole story.

if that's true youshould stop talking like you're from the hood son

crazytrain424

you need to pay me more when I do your missions...also when I call you up to send a mugger after someone you always send a buster ass lil bitch that gets shot after he snatches the paper...can you send an og to get that cash?

Rakium

God damn you're amazing.

krujones

"Ah, nigga, don't hate me because I'm beautiful, nigga. Maybe if you got rid of that old ye-ye ass haircut you'd get some bitches on ya dick. Oh, better yet, maybe Tanisha might call yo dog ass if she ever stop f*ckin' with that brain surgeon or lawyer she f*ckin' with. Nigga."

i have to agree this line sums it all up!!! #HoodStatus!!!

Niobium

When you "sang" out niiiiiiiigga in one of the first missions with Franklin I already knew this was gonna be the greatest game friggin' ever.

someone must make an autotune remix or something. slink is a good singer lol

Niobium

i have to agree this line sums it all up!!! #HoodStatus!!!

"sh*t n*gga you getting me all emotional now n*gga might have to stop me from sucking yo d*ck, n*gga"

Edited by nobum62

ManiacMatt1782

The chemistry between you and Solo was great. It seemed like 2 friends talking, not 2 actors. Which is a great compliment. Hope to hear or see you in other things.

undftd8

Good job man! Very funny personality.

Now.. Is there a Jetpack??? Lol

Maggot899

I think one of my favorite Lamar moments was during the mission "The Long Stretch". The way Lamar laughs when he first sees D-man(forget his name) seems so legitimately happy. The way it was delivered made me think "Why is Lamar so happy to see this dude that he recently tried to kidnap?" Great work Slink.

RizV

i wish GTA V was only about franklin and lamar.. would be SO much better

ColeBillyard

Lamar was actually here :p holy sh*t, I think this should be the go to place for suggestions seeing as we got an insider here, i mean if he doesnt mind :p great job on the role btw

Edited by ColeBillyard

CMB281

When I initially heard about the character of Lamar and saw him in the trailers and learned details about the character from previews, I just figured he was gonna be the typical greedy, obnoxious, annoying best friend character that is always needing favors and to be saved from trouble.

After playing through the game though, Lamar definitely had a couple of these traits but he was sooooo funny and likeable that you couldn't help but want to see more of him. A big part of that was the amazing timing and believability that you gave to Lamar and I think you have easily made him one of the GTA universes fan-favorites. Hope to see more of your work, maybe even more of Lamar!! (Fingers crossed)

TaCtiCaLTommy

Ya man, Lamar is solid as f*ck. Congrats and well done!

Side note: Are there truth to these rumors of your knowledge of a "secret"? As in, we should keep looking?

RedZuluZulu009er6

Congratulations for being part of such an immense and enjoyable gaming experience.

Thank you for making Lamar such a believable character.