Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,705 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
The Made Man

(SPOILER!)A tiny thing I did not like. Again tiny...(SPOILER!)

The Made Man

I'm loving GTA 5 so far and I mean I LOVE IT. I can't let go of the game and I am sometimes late for work and college. But there is just one tiny little thing I did not like and that was

the death of Johnny Klebitz

. Not really the death itself, but how the death was and how it was handled.

It made Johnny look completely weak, when we saw he was strong in the Lost and Damned.

Did Rockstar forget about that???

Johnny was just getting stomped on by Trevor, when we know Johnny has taken far worse. If Rockstar wanted to kill off Johnny then why not give Johnny a more honerable death. Like a huge shootout between Johnny and Trevor. Johnny being the final Lost MC boss, but no that did not happen, but instead Johnny got his ass whooped right in the beginning. Not only that, but worse...Johnny was completely out of character

. Crying and whining over Trevor F'ing his so called love of his life

Ashley

, when

Johnny

never really gave a damn about her in

L&D

. Sure he cared for her, but would never cry that she was getting F'ed by another man. I can go on, but I think I made my point. And why would

Johnny

let Trevor hug him in the first place? He should have seen the bottle coming.

Anyways that is MY ONLY compliant. I LOVE the game so far. I actually love all three. Franklin was my favorite character before the game release. But Michael is really growing onto me. I just started playing as Trevor. Again that is my ONLY compliant.

Also NO spoilers after Trevors first mission which includes

a gun fight between the Lost and killing of an Aztecas gang member.

Edited by The Made Man

Cheatti

He is a crackhead in GTA V. Looks like one too... And Trevor is a crazy dude, unpredictable and owns a meth business where Johnny got some of the meth & probably didn't want to anger Trevor..

Edited by dLARRYb

Hazencoke

I agree sad how they handled his character

Th3MaN1

First, put all the text in spoilers.

At first, I thought the same. But during the years,

Johnny was smoking crystal, and he looked quite f*cked up. I was sad at first, and I thought the same. Didn't even put up a fight. But then again, after thinking, I think he had it coming either way. Trevor wanted to eliminate the Lost, so Johnny would have eventually gone dead in a way or another. Johnny became a f*cking wreck, he isn't the same guy we played in GTA 4.

Edited by Th3MaN1

Jesse Pinkman

Its 5 years after GTA 4 story. He is junkie and R* wanted to show us that Trevor is even bigger psychopath than Klebbitz

The Made Man

Okay just found out Johnny was addicted to meth. But still he was a protagonist and IMO still deserved a more honorable death. Heck Victor Vance had a more honorable death and we knew Victor was going to die since GTA VC came out before VC.

@Th3MaN1

I put spoiler in the title in all capitals.

Drake1212

I didn't like it neither, but i think Rockstar was trying to make a point (or maybe 3):

1) Meth is a hell of a drug.

2) Trevor is completely psycho (what makes the you the biggest psycho? killing the second biggest psycho).

3) Just showing us how "lost" Johnny actually was after the ending of TLaD.

Jesse Pinkman

Okay just found out Johnny was addicted to meth. But still he was a protagonist and IMO still deserved a more honorable death. Heck Victor Vance had a more honorable death and we knew Victor was going to die since GTA VC came out before VC.

@Th3MaN1

Vance died in a cutscene too and he even looked different in it than in the game. Lol.

Edited by Jesse Pinkman

kipakolonyasi

Because he turned into a crackhead now. Whole scene is completely logical if you look at it.

FearTheLiving

Because he turned into a crackhead now. Whole scene is completely logical if you look at it.

Not really the end of

TLAD and during it had Johnny telling Ash to stay off the drugs the entire time and he left her at the end because he knew she wouldn't leave it. They simply added Johnny in here to make Trevor seem more bad ass or for a shock factor either way it's an insult to the character. They could of at least had him in a mission going out guns blazing.

@Th3MaN1

Vance died in a cutscene too and he even looked different in it than in the game. Lol.

Hugely different story, Vic was a minor character that had already died that R* turned into a protagonist.

Edited by FearTheLiving

Udrift

You should pour gas on him and give him a Viking funeral.

differenz

I actually like the way it was done. As the fella said:

four years have passed, he is a junkie, hooked up on meth. That explains his behavior

Now why did Rockstar do this, why did they decide to kill

main protagonist of GTAIV: TLAD, the guy that was so strong and dedicated and the guy we played as. Simple answer is to make you understand how much stronger, powerful and out of his mind Trevor is. Not to mention how much more badass he is! This is the proper introduction, the one nobody expects.. or, you know.. nobody expected, but then the leaks came in

Edited by differenz

FearTheLiving

I actually like the way it was done. As the fella said:

he is a junkie, hooked up on meth.

Now why did Rockstar do this, why did they decide to kill

main protagonist of GTAIV: TLAD, the guy that was so strong and dedicated and the guy we played as. Simple answer is to make you understand how much stronger, powerful and out of his mind Trevor is. This is the proper introduction, the one nobody expects.. or, you know.. nobody expected, but then the leaks came in

Except he wasn't in

TLAD and the whole DLC implied he was staying away from the drugs and Ash.

As to your second part that's the exact reason I don't like it, feels so forced.

Edited by FearTheLiving

CPFC Ultra

Never liked him or TLAD. Glad he's dead.

GTAIsMyLove

I hated it too... yea r* wanted to promote trevor but not if you gonna degrade a previous main character like that....thats bs

whats next... in the next GTA Tommy Vercetti coming back begging to suck cock for food.... R* should protect main characters and not degrade them.. Johhny was a cool dude and this just made me dislike trevor

ramtastic

I thought it was a good way of showcasing Trevor's level. If it had been some nobody or a weak character from a previous game, people would have been like "yeah yeah, another nutcase" , but having his superiority over a character the players are used to seeing as strong and a leader really brought Trevor's stature to the fore.

FearTheLiving

I hated it too... yea r* wanted to promote trevor but not if you gonna degrade a previous main character like that....thats bs

whats next... in the next GTA Tommy Vercetti coming back begging to suck cock for food.... R* should protect main characters and not degrade them.. Johhny was a cool dude and this just made me dislike trevor

Exactly how I feel, I honestly don't mind Johnny dying it's just the fact that he went out like he did a shell of himself. Which brings the question if Johnny is so weak now how is that making Trevor look good at all? You killed a meth head congrats Trevor you are seriously bad ass. It's just disappointing that's how R* treats their characters. There's almost no point in playing their stories if they will completely ignore their character growth in the next installment. Just my opinion of course I'm happy for those who can over look this.

I thought it was a good way of showcasing Trevor's level. If it had been some nobody or a weak character from a previous game, people would have been like "yeah yeah, another nutcase" , but having his superiority over a character the players are used to seeing as strong and a leader really brought Trevor's stature to the fore.

See My Post Above ^^^

Edited by FearTheLiving

ramtastic

Exactly how I feel, I honestly don't mind Johnny dying it's just the fact that he went out like he did a shell of himself. Which brings the question if Johnny is so weak now how is that making Trevor look good at all? You killed a meth head congrats Trevor you are seriously bad ass. It's just disappointing that's how R* treats their characters. There's almost no point in playing their stories if they will completely ignore their character growth in the next installment. Just my opinion of course I'm happy for those who can over look this.

See My Post Above ^^^

(I'll ry to explain my POV without spoilers)

To me it made sense, not that he was a shell of the man he was before, but his addiction had overcome him.

At first Johnny was as we'd expect, angry confrontational and determined to get revenge for what Trevor did, but before Trevor did anything to him, it was Johnny's reasliation that Trevor had a hold over him - not because of strength or psychological reasons, but because he relied on what Trevor provided him with.

He cared about that more than what just happened, and realised that before backtracking - at which point Trevor took advantage.

A good story can be interpreted many ways, and like you said, I can understand the people who feel pissed over the setpiece.

differenz

I read all your opinions and I completely understand how you would dislike the idea of Trevor killing him but from a dramatic point of view, it was really unexpected.

Imagine you never played GTAIV: TLAD and you see this sequence where Trevor does him in (literally) and you feel nothing because he's just some weak junkie. You get to feel the sense of Trevor and what he's all about. Honestly, with each new game R* takes the thing a bit further and gives the game storytelling a new meaning.

LordWieslaw

But Trevor destroys the whole gang of Lost MC, so there is no longer followed by motorcycle gangs. It is not real and the game kind of modeled after California, heh.

Edited by LordWieslaw

differenz

Except he wasn't in

As to your second part that's the exact reason I don't like it, feels so forced.

Ok so years passed and it all suggests to us that he is now hooked on drugs and whatnot.

Forced or not, it's the storyline they gave us, and I like it, the big shootout or something like that would feel forced and.. already seen before.

FearTheLiving

Except he wasn't in

Ok so years passed and it all suggests to us that he is now hooked on drugs and whatnot.

Forced or not, it's the storyline they gave us, and I like it, the big shootout or something like that would feel forced and.. already seen before.

Except he wasn't in

What ever I'm tired of discussing it. I hope next game they say Niko committed suicide, Luis Married Gay Tony, Michael had a heart attack, Trevor got aids, and Franklin was sent to prison for dog fighting. Cause you know as long as time passes it doesn't matter what happens in the game. I'm happy you enjoy what they did, but I'm not and just throwing out time passed he changed isn't going to help. I also don't get how a shoot out with a new protag and an old protag (never been done) would feel any more forced then what we got nor has it been seen before in a GTA.

differenz

What ever I'm tired of discussing it. I hope next game they say Niko committed suicide, Luis Married Gay Tony, Michael had a heart attack, Trevor got aids, and Franklin was sent to prison for dog fighting. Cause you know as long as time passes it doesn't matter what happens in the game. I'm happy you enjoy what they did, but I'm not and just throwing out time passed he changed isn't going to help. I also don't get how a shoot out with a new protag and an old protag (never been done) would feel any more forced then what we got nor has it been seen before in a GTA.

Well it's easy as this.. since it's a game, you just play with what they give you.. and it's a really good layered story in GTA V so far as I've seen. I've been playing GTA since 1997. and love the franchise, every time they give you the story and I go with it because it's their vision. Since you can't change anything, you can go on and talk how BAD it was... if it's so bad... dude don't play it. Simple as that. You got to remember you are playing their vision of this GTA universe, like it or not. I'm enjoying myself with the game and I'm definitely not bitching about every single thing I don't like or find fancy.

FearTheLiving

Well it's easy as this.. since it's a game, you just play with what they give you.. and it's a really good layered story in GTA V so far as I've seen. I've been playing GTA since 1997. and love the franchise, every time they give you the story and I go with it because it's their vision. Since you can't change anything, you can go on and talk how BAD it was... if it's so bad... dude don't play it. Simple as that. You got to remember you are playing their vision of this GTA universe, like it or not. I'm enjoying myself with the game and I'm definitely not bitching about every single thing I don't like or find fancy.

No sh*t. I never said I could change it, but I am on a forum so I'm gonna discuss why I thought it was stupid if you don't like it don't read it. I've been playing since III and this is the first time I thought they ever did a character wrong. So yes I will express that, but again I'm glad you're enjoying yourself but thank you for lumping me into the whining crowd just because I don't put R* on a pedestal. I will play the game I bought it and this won't stop me from enjoying it, but it is a disappointment.

differenz

No sh*t. I never said I could change it, but I am on a forum so I'm gonna discuss why I thought it was stupid if you don't like it don't read it. I've been playing since III and this is the first time I thought they ever did a character wrong. So yes I will express that, but again I'm glad you're enjoying yourself but thank you for lumping me into the whining crowd just because I don't put R* on a pedestal. I will play the game I bought it and this won't stop me from enjoying it, but it is a disappointment.

Nah' man I didn't mean to put you among the whining crowd, no hard feelings. There's plenty more stuff we could discuss about GTA V. This thing with Trevor and J is just a bit. :) Truce!

FearTheLiving

Nah' man I didn't mean to put you among the whining crowd, no hard feelings. There's plenty more stuff we could discuss about GTA V. This thing with Trevor and J is just a bit. :) Truce!

Truce. :inlove:

Gouki_22

it's like having spongebob curb stomp bugs bunny ,

it just does not work that way.

hierbamala

Don't worry guys he respawned somewhere in liberty city

ONEkingscar

They should have had Johnny go out guns blazing at least,he definetly wasn't no bitch in TLAD.