Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,703 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
CM_Kimmy

Tip: For people who want to rob stores

CM_Kimmy

If you're like me and like robbing stores for extra cash you may notice that when you're playing as certain characters, certain stores are unavailble to rob. When i first discovered this i thought they (Rockstar) had locked all the stores until further mission progress, or until the online came about.

When you're in the city, you need to play as Frankin or Micahel to rob stores. Robbing stores as Trevor doesn't work. You can only rob stores in the country as Trevor aswell.

Michael + Franklin - City robberies

Trevor - Country robberies

When online, you should be able to rob all 20 stores with your little character.

Here is a couple more tips people.

1- When you rob a store a clerk might say to you he doesn't want to give you any money. And he'll refuse to give any and open the till. Now, you can do two things

- Kill him and open the register yourself

or

- Shoot something in the store like a row of chips and then he'll get spooked and open the register.

2- If you're in a rush and want the cash quick, whilst holding up the clerk, shoot something nearby like something on the desk and he'll speed up putting money in the bag.

Edited by CM_Kimmy

Anthony Soprano

Where are the stores, they don't show as icons on the map, thanks

Cosmic Gypsy

Cheers for that map Kimmy, i for one think there is a serious lack of stores to rob, and the fact that each store is a gas station is also stupid.

I was playing as Micheal and the gas station clerk didn't spawn so i couldn't rob the place, I've entered a gas station with Trevor before though and the clerk was there, i just didn't rob the place.

Robbing with Franklin is all good though.

TheSoup

Thanks for the tip :barf:

CM_Kimmy

Cheers for that map Kimmy, i for one think there is a serious lack of stores to rob, and the fact that each store is a gas station is also stupid.

I was playing as Micheal and the gas station clerk didn't spawn so i couldn't rob the place, I've entered a gas station with Trevor before though and the clerk was there, i just didn't rob the place.

Take a look at that map i posted. All the stores aren't gas stations. Some a little shops

Cosmic Gypsy

Take a look at that map i posted. All the stores aren't gas stations. Some a little shops

Oh, wait. You mean every icon on that map is a shop i can rob? That's cool, i didn't think i was able to rob clothes shops or ammunations.

Vexikuri

Ok, call me stupid, but none of the icons look like shopping carts. Are they the ones that look like buildings?

CM_Kimmy

Here is a couple more tips people.

1- When you rob a store a clerk might say to you he doesn't want to give you any money. And he'll refuse to give any and open the till. Now, you can do two things

- Kill him and open the register yourself

or

- Shoot something in the store like a row of chips and then he'll get spooked and open the register.

2- If you're in a rush and want the cash quick, whilst holding up the clerk, shoot something nearby like something on the desk and he'll speed up putting money in the bag.

CM_Kimmy

Ok, call me stupid, but none of the icons look like shopping carts. Are they the ones that look like buildings?

Yeh the ones which look like temples

Cosmic Gypsy

How would robbing an Ammunation be possible? I can't remember seeing a cash register in any of the Ammunations, plus surely he'll just get out a gun and shoot me like the old school GTA's?

CM_Kimmy

How would robbing an Ammunation be possible? I can't remember seeing a cash register in any of the Ammunations, plus surely he'll just get out a gun and shoot me like the old school GTA's?

You don't rob ammunation or clothing stores. Just the stores marked with a temple/cart symbol. You can rob ammunation but not in the same way you rob other stores. To rob ammunation you have to kill the guy inside and then shoot open the register. Robbing other stores is a lot easier though and feels more rewarding. Just my opinion.

Cosmic Gypsy

You don't rob ammunation or clothing stores. Just the stores marked with a temple/cart symbol. You can rob ammunation but not in the same way you rob other stores. To rob ammunation you have to kill the guy inside and then shoot open the register. Robbing other stores is a lot easier though and feels more rewarding. Just my opinion.

Oh right, i thought you were saying every symbol on that map was a robbable shop, shame. I've only seen gas stations that are robbable, but i'm marking any shop i can rob as a point of interest on my map, I've had to find them myself which is boring to say the least, now i don't, cheers.

human_nature42

Why don't they have icons in the game? I don't see any.

CM_Kimmy

They aren't in the game.