Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,296 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Assassin101

Michael's family are ungrateful, selfish, spoiled brats

IDredMan

Yeah, that's ...Kind of the premise of their characters.

coelacanth72

I kept hoping Michael's family would get wiped out at the end of the campaign... at least you can almost mortally wound them with stickies

Cutter De Blanc

I kept hoping Michael's family would get wiped out at the end of the campaign... at least you can almost mortally wound them with stickies

But then you get the text from that fat dipsh*t, "Near death experience now I will change my life LOL" Like he's f*cking mocking you.

Mrflodo

I think they're brilliant and add to his overall character. When you have been Michael have you shot someone in the face with a shotgun ? Screwed a hooker and then popped her ? Threw a grenade into or ploughed a fire engine into a group of people ? What kind of family should he have ?

Gaitux

I like playing as a guy who has to deal with family sh*t and his wife - I love that experience and that is why Michael is one of the best GTA characters in the entire series.

Rockstar made a big risk by making the FIRST character you play as with a family and a wife - the risk payed off and most players loved it - they should do it again.

ManikB141

I don't understand where Amanda get's off on the "cheating BS", Michael hasn't cheated in any canon cutscene but Amanda has with two other dudes in the campaign, TWO... in a campaign within a time span of 1-3 months.

Alec Skorpio

The family was one of my biggest problem in the game.

Like, I know Dan Houser explained it as Michael treated them badly so they treat him badly in kind.

But you never really get to see that except when he looses his **** in Daddy's Girl and Reuniting the Family.

So they just seem like they're asses for no reason. I had no desire to see prostitutes or strippers as Mike so it didn't make any sense why they were so mad at Mike

Edited by liquidussnake119

Racecarlock

Call of Duty playing

Oh no, he plays call of duty. Truly a worse crime cannot be committed within the realm of gaming.

I played COD 4 and loved every minute of it. And I'm nothing like him.

Worldmean

Michael's family could have been a HUGE improvement to the game as a whole on a subconsious level...GTA V was least fulfilling in the characters IMO than anything else. If his family could have been likeable in any way, Michael's "devotion" to his family would have had more sincerity other than "Youre my family, i gotta love you" . I felt no love for Michael, his family, or their relationship. Making them less annoying and more bearable would give more impact to the story. Or they couldve done with a little more comedy about it. I always got an unconfortable feeling as they fought because it was so absurd yet resembled real life. Al Bundy had a rough relationship with his family, but it was still fun to watch.

Mrflodo

" I had no desire to see prostitutes or strippers as Mike so it didn't make any sense why they were so mad at Mike " .

Liquidussnake If that is relevant at all then did you kill any civilians ? How many ? There you go, however that is totally irrevelant. It's a story and featuires the 3 best characters in GTA history imo. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however i think this forum shows some people will never be happy.

Fuzzknuckles

No sh*t.

I think they're supposed to represent the game's audience.

Mrflodo

No sh*t.

I think they're supposed to represent the game's audience.

I quit the mod team, so please don't send me any more moderation related mails

Haha well said

Edited by Mrflodo

archiebunker

Michael isn't exactly Dad/Husband of the Year himself.

Bonnano

all of you are half assed retarded fa**ots, even you OP; you fa**ot

they're MEANT to be annoying as f*ck, that means they're doing their job excellently

Holy sh*t that irony. You are the one spelling like a mental retard with a hardcore cerebral palsy.

Kampioen

Yes they are, but then again Michael is a criminal sociopath.

Real_Badgirl

I'll admit, I've killed Jimmy for fun several times. I call him to hang out, then blow him up with a grenade or a sticky bomb.

It's just too bad you can't shoot him.

toughmeister

I'll admit, I've killed Jimmy for fun several times. I call him to hang out, then blow him up with a grenade or a sticky bomb.

It's just too bad you can't shoot him.

I've killed Jimmy once. It was after choosing ending C and next time you drive out of Michael's house Jimmy came speeding by on his bike. I crashed into him and he went flying. I don't know if that was random or it was programmed to happen on purpose, but you later get text from Jimmy saying that the hospital bill needs to come out Michaels money or a near death experience, or something along those lines.

JeffreyDahmer

I Really think a member of his Family should of Been Killed by the Merryweather guys sent by devin Weston it would Of Made him a much better Antagonist.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Jimmy's a little c*nt! I f*cking hate him after he turned my blue Tailgater into a tacky ricer I want to take him to the top of a mountain and then drive off of it whilst I dive out.

Tigernolyin

I personally hate the family. Too ungrateful. Granted, Michael is a criminal. But, I feel like Amanda is the most ungrateful out of all of them. The thing that kills me is that she constantly complains about her life being ruined, but she didn't have much of a life to begin with. She was a stripper and a prostitute...talk about climbing the social ladder. Regardless, she's not living lavishly in RH yet still feels the need to bang the tennis coach and get back doored by the yoga instructor. I mean damn cut mike some slack. And then the kids are just lost causes...negative parenting over in that house.

Sidenote: I do feel like the family interactions were exaggerated a bit in order to hammer a point across, but i think rockstar coulda toned down the sh*ttiness of the family.

TripleMLG

Yup...

ocd

Michael and his family seem to be heavily inspired by The Sopranos. I love it in the sense that I really do hate his family but he would never kill his own family no matter how much they f*ck up. They're FAMILY! :)

Exept Meadow isn't a whore.

InnocentA

They are sh*tc*nts, but thats part of the story, thats what makes it fun to attack them:

shooting.jpg

damn i got busted in tracey's room while franklin just stood there

busted.jpg

he then sent me an alarming text message, apparently he also thinks attacking them is fun

messagefromfranklin.jpg

i spend quite a bit of time killing michaels family ...maybe a little too much time

fac316

Mike's Family is only like that because of the awful life decision's he's made. Like Mike is an actual saint (he's the douchiest protag by far) whose sarcasm and "poor me" atttitude warrent it.

Twilight Sky

Jimmy pisses me off more than the other two.

All three default to the same method of running from their own problems: Blaming Michael.

Racecarlock

Michael's family are easily the worst stereotypes in the game and just terrible people as a whole. But he deserves them. Like, okay, jimmy smokes pot and plays video games. How is that worse than watching movies while sprawled drunk on the couch or sitting poolside and listening to music?

Ooh, amanda is a shallow bitch that likes spending money on clothes? Yeah, says the guy who gets dollar sign rims on his car automatically in the story at some point.

Tracy is too obsessed with fame? Says the guy who wants desperately to make movies, so much so that he'll chase some guy's rich assistant onto an active airport runway just so he can save some movie with his name on it.

Yeah, his family are all the worst kind of people. But he deserves them.

Trevor's a cannibal and Franklin's a generic gangster and yet I found those two way more likable than Mr. "Oh I hate my family but I love them and that's why I save them but I also put them in danger and they totally suck but I am the most perfect snowflake of a human being on the planet.".

HappyFarmerKit

damn i got busted in tracey's room while franklin just stood there

busted.jpg

Lol, this is an awesome pic. I thought the cop with the glasses was Lester for a second.

Edited by HappyFarmerKit

Jizzle2014

James is awesome tho

kevin de santa

I liked them I wish you could hang out with Tracey this there conversation s would of been hilarious

canadianwingnut

Michael's family are easily the worst stereotypes in the game and just terrible people as a whole. But he deserves them. Like, okay, jimmy smokes pot and plays video games. How is that worse than watching movies while sprawled drunk on the couch or sitting poolside and listening to music?

Ooh, amanda is a shallow bitch that likes spending money on clothes? Yeah, says the guy who gets dollar sign rims on his car automatically in the story at some point.

Tracy is too obsessed with fame? Says the guy who wants desperately to make movies, so much so that he'll chase some guy's rich assistant onto an active airport runway just so he can save some movie with his name on it.

Yeah, his family are all the worst kind of people. But he deserves them.

Trevor's a cannibal and Franklin's a generic gangster and yet I found those two way more likable than Mr. "Oh I hate my family but I love them and that's why I save them but I also put them in danger and they totally suck but I am the most perfect snowflake of a human being on the planet.".

So... Jimmy thinks his mother is a real piece of work eh?

Jimmy added those dreadful rims while he was in possession of Micheal's car. At some very random point in the game.