Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,249 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Tom7792

[FPS] Performance Issues Thread

Question

Tom7792

Since there are plenty threads all over here, I thought I might make this into one discussion to make things easier for those who have those problems :

threads I seen so far :

Very low FPS - by Rydberg123 - xBox360

Legit copy on 360 - Annoyed by FPS : by Tom7792 - xBox360

FPS PS3 Slim - by hhamzah99 - PS3

Improving PS3 Performence - by Southparkmayor - PS3

Basically the issue with what I've seen so far is occasional FPS drops while playing the game, discs are installed as recommended and issue persists,

personally what I'm experiencing is that every now and then, mostly when you drive or walk into junctions or even look around, FPS sometimes drops by 10-15 FPS, feels around 20 even lower, the game sometimes runs smooth, obviously when the place is less crowded, but thats not like what people are reporting around the net.

I've seen this with PS3 users aswell

Heres a comprassion between consoles so anyone experiencing this can get the rates both consoles have

Solution 1 (360) - Clear XBOX Cache from storage. Dashboard --> System Settings --> Storage --> Press X, Clear storage. might work for some, didn't work for me.

Please if you have this issue, make sure you specify which console you use.

/discuss and good luck

Edited by Tom7792

HamSandwich

they are fixing everything look look!

Rarinampersand

The only frame drops ive had is when in the mini sub your half under and half over the water surface

axemanoli

Alright so I've installed the SSD and performance is somewhat improved. The game loads from the XMB far quicker and character switching is much faster and smoother. The framerate however is pretty much the same, although it does seem a lot more stable in general, with the dips now only occuring when I drive through busy areas, in daytime, at high speed. Before I would get low frames with very little going on. What little texture pop in I saw before is gone.

I muted the game to listen to the blu ray drive as I played. Everytime I experience significant slowdown the drive is making a lot of noise presumably trying to keep up. Even with the SSD the game is still being read off of that slow drive and during busy sections it seems to struggle to keep up. The second I turn down a quiet street and continue driving, in day time, at high speed the drive is almost silent.

I'm wondering if a PSN digital install would cut out the middle man leaving the game faster when pulled solely from the SSD. Now I'm debating whether to spend the money for the digital and return my disc copy.

axemanoli

After playing around a little more the difference is more noticeable. Now the night time really is very smooth. As is the daytime for the most part. The expected slowdown still occurs with a lot going on but it's nothing like before where just rotating the camera around the character would drop it considerably.

This is how it play at my friend's. Obviously the SSD was not necessary. Any decent HDD replacement would do.

Mistress

^Thanks, looks like i have to get an HDD for my xbox 360. Im playing from a 32mb/s USB Stick and it feels unplayable to me.

Emperor Zero

The only frame drops ive had is when in the mini sub your half under and half over the water surface

Same problem here.

shmite67

I have an xbox 360 and I am using a flash drive just got to Franklins new house in the Vinewood Hills all of a sudden the game just turns off and screen goes black. I restarted the xbox and started playing again everything was working fine and then it happened again. I got a message saying I need to replace my flash drive will this lose all my memory and have to start over? I am not a big gamer which is why I dont sound very informed. If anybody could help that would be great thanks

domini99

I have been playing GTA V on my xbox 360 original 2008, the Jasper model, and i only have framedrops when its really, really crowded in online.

WHen playing offline i have no problem.

Im playing on a 1280x1024 dell monitor.

Maybe it just doesn't play good on high resolution screens.

MassacreGTA

I can play GTA V for the PS3 on a 20 inch Samsung TV just fine without any FPS performance problems, but now I have switched to a 55 inch Samsung TV and I get FPS performance issues when I'm driving. :(

maddy26

Question: how to clear cache on the ps3?

kipakolonyasi

500 gb super slim, playstation store version. here's my situation: i was having frame rate issues. this one day i played the game for 8 hours in one sitting. non-stop. (story mode) after i think the 6 hour mark, game smoothened up. literally. in the day time when the shadows and everything that cause fps drop were around, in the crowded areas, in police chases, it's just as smooth as butter. i'm 100% sure it's not my eyes getting used to it because i know that's what people are going to say. and when i turned off my ps3 and turned it on again one day later, it's still the same. solid. almost 30 fps stable. it went like this for a week and then i installed and played some other game for a while (uncharted 2), and when i switched back to gta 5 it was laggy again.

this might be a possible performance fix. i'm serious try it if you have the time. you are going to play it for 5 hours. i don't know what is the explanation behind this. maybe harddrive needle gets used to traveling between one limited area i don't know but this might help someone.

Made in Yorkshire

I have a 12GB PS3 Super Slim - before I put in a 160GB hard disk drive, performance was alright but not perfect (occasional lagging and slow loading), but this has dramatically increased since the drive upgrade.

One of the problems with GTA5 of course is the amount of bugs in the game, despite the numerous updates. I am sure that Rockstar will iron these out eventually.

Edited by Made in Yorkshire

crackdown02

Changed HDMI resolution to 720p. Problem solved. Yes, the graphics' beauty gets reduced but the game runs smoothly. Might the problem be... the HDMI Video display?

Virus115

I need answer to these questions

1. Is it safe to safe/does the graphics change when installing the install disk on a external hard drive with performance warning (it is connected with usb) The hard drive is WD Elements 500 gb?

2. Can i see better when i sits further from the tv?

3. How can i reduce lag?

¨

Please help me, i really need help!!!

rj47_2004

Hey guys ! I have the solution for xbox 360 slim E (250gbb), my games was really choppy with horrible framerate !!

Now i play with 1080p resolution and it's really nice without low framerate.

1. Install Disc 1

2. Install Disc 2 on usb or play with Disc 2 (for me it's on HDD and it's fine, just more pop-in but i don't care)

3. I use a usb flash memory (sony micro vault 16go) for Title Updates and saves

Now, I use my HDD just for install games and dlc. It's really better.

4. Clear the cache of HDD

Play and enjoy !

For me Farcry 3 was the same problem with really low framerate.

Now i use the same tip : Title Updates and saves on usb flash memory ------> clear the cache of hdd and play.

Smooooth !

I hope it will be perfect for you too

Good Luck !

VIPΣR

The framerate in the single player is pretty good but still not how I like it, I don't notice any major framedrops(Besides explosions) and it feels half fluid.

My only problem is GTA O it feels like it's running with 5-10 frames less compared to the single player, it's playable but it feels soooooooo laggy. I simply can't enjoy a game that is running with 15-22fps.

PS.: I'm on PS3

Edited by Undertaker13

Evan-KCR

Just wait for new gen. ;)

Gunnar_S

Solved one issue:

I have had what appears to be missing frames. Especially on fast movement, e.g. fast turning camera when standing or flying a helicopter. You could see the whole screen jumping inches and I have screenshots where it looks like double vision, e.g. a pole three times.

I was perfectly happy with my PS3 for a long time and could not figure out, why the screen started jumping around all of a sudden. After I did all suggested PS3 tricks including finally to make a factory reset and even trying a different HDD with no luck I finally found the issue:

On my Philips TV I used a Smart Picture setting which included Pixel Precise HD (Perfect Natural Motion set to 'middle'). After turning this off, the movement was much smoother.