Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,816 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

m.scarecrow

Helicopter control

m.scarecrow

The controls are horrible , you cant keep your heli straight because if your left stick moves 1 mili meters to left or right the heli will start flowing towards that direction . YOU JUST CANT KEEP THE DAMN THING STRAIGHT.

I'm not that kind of guy who whines about everything like the ones who complain about the driving . in my opinion , the driving is absolutely perfect and not arcady , it still requires skills to keep your expensive customized vehicle unharmed.even the airplanes manuvers seem very nice and handy (still not arcady) but your heli is just out of your control and you cant keep it STABLE.

it really sucks because the controls are made like this to ease the flying for noobs but they've made them a nightmare for other players .

I loved heli controls in IV . they were totally real . I mean the flying physics were perfect . if you were one of those skilled heli pilots back in IV you should know what Im mean about the flying physics and weight and rotor direction and engine power . I insist that driving and airplane controls are absolutely perfect and enjoyable but heli controls are just made for noobs and a nightmare for better players.

At least this is my opinion , please post yours if you have played the game and controlled a helicopter.

(sorry about my poor English)

TheRealBars

Exactly.. my only complaint with the handling is the helicopters as well.. some of the heavier ones are alright but the standard one is absolutely terrible.

Nexstar

Called realism. Ever flown an actual helicopter? Stupidly hard, the most slight of movements will change direction vastly. So whether R* was actually going for realism, they seem like theyve done well.

Wal902

Isn't there a pilot skill bar? So it should tighten up the more you fly a heli?

V 9 L U K 3 4 V

yep there is but people dont understand

m.scarecrow

There is just a flying school . I attended the classes and reached maximum flying skill as Michael but I still had a lot of issues flying straight . Im only saying "STRAIGHT" .

Edited by m.scarecrow

Malndor

This, pluss are they flying as Trevor or other protag?

Logic of modern day gamer."I press button once it no work, BRRROKEEEEE."

Learn, Flying things was never 'easy'

Edited by Malndor

m.scarecrow

This, pluss as they flying as Trevor or other protag.

Logic of modern day gamer."I press button once it no work, BRRROKEEEEE."

Learn, Flying things was never 'easy'

DUDE , you havent even played the game . the controls were much harder in IV , this made it way more enjoyable . but even in IV with harder controls you could earn your skills and be able to control the heli perfectly or even manuver between the skyscrapers with high speed .

But this is totally changed in V .

Edited by m.scarecrow

TheWarzoneXL

Wah

bikemike

Didnt-read-lol_o_141041.gif

WAY TOO LONG

Skozza89

Maybe it gets better with flying ability ?

m.scarecrow

Maybe it gets better with flying ability ?

My flying skill was 100/100.

solofme

Maybe you think it's horrible now, but just see it as a challenge and try to master your flying skills again (I know I will).

TheRealBars

yep there is but people dont understand

Ugh.. do you have the game?

I do..

It is really twitchy, not realistic or anything, I f*cking love GTA and have been busting rumours and other stupid sh*t posted by everyone.. but the helicopters, the light ones don't handle well..

m.scarecrow

Maybe you think it's horrible now, but just see it as a challenge and try to master your flying skills again (I know I will).

well yeah you're right about the challenge but struggling to keep your heli move straight (just straight) isnt ok.you know you cant alway keep your thumb stable on your left stick just to let her move straight .

SkylineGTRFreak

It's all a matter of training. Just like in BF3, I couldn't fly for sh*t at first, but eventually, I mastered it. You can't expect yourself to handle everything well after 3 days.

ItsClipZz

Called realism. Ever flown an actual helicopter? Stupidly hard, the most slight of movements will change direction vastly. So whether R* was actually going for realism, they seem like theyve done well.

nope, from what im hearing the OP is correct, IV handiling was great, all about physics.. which obviously is how you handle a chopper in real life.. and no i have not flown a chopper. but i have flown a plane, and know about flying choppers. and IV was real good.

solofme

well yeah you're right about the challenge but struggling to keep your heli move straight (just straight) isnt ok.you know you cant alway keep your thumb stable on your left stick just to let her move straight .

I heard they put cross winds in the game, so can't this just be a result of that and you have to make up for it.

TheRealBars

It's all a matter of training. Just like in BF3, I couldn't fly for sh*t at first, but eventually, I mastered it. You can't expect yourself to handle everything well after 3 days.

Its not the point of not being able to do it or mastering it, the controls are twitchy as hell in the lighter models, flying straight is next to impossible.

If your left stick moves one millimeter to the right it swings completely to the right as if there is no deadzone or gradually increasing steering.

It feels like you're flying using WASD on a keyboard.

Feels like there is no weight behind it at all.

Like i said i love GTA V to bits, GOTY if you ask me, but the helicopter handling is twitchy.

Edited by TheRealBars

m.scarecrow

I heard they put cross winds in the game, so can't this just be a result of that and you have to make up for it.

No No No you're getting it wrong , yes there are winds and they make flying more challenging but I wasnt talking about the winds , the very helicopter .

Wal902

I see your point OP but personally, I'm actually pleased that it will take more control that IV. Part of the attraction to new games for me is learning to master new controls. I probably wouldn't have liked it as much if I could already fly well just because I played IV

Loudy

There is something wrong with it, and needs a patch, this reminds of the drunken camera on pc...

LanceUppercut

Sounds good! Can't wait to play.

m.scarecrow

Its not the point of not being able to do it or mastering it, the controls are twitchy as hell in the lighter models, flying straight is next to impossible.

If your left stick moves one millimeter to the right it swings completely to the right as if there is no deadzone or gradually increasing steering.

It feels like you're flying using WASD on a keyboard.

Feels like there is no weight behind it at all.

Like i said i love GTA V to bits, GOTY if you ask me, but the helicopter handling is twitchy.

exactly .

TheRealBars

I see your point OP but personally, I'm actually pleased that it will take more control that IV. Part of the attraction to new games for me is learning to master new controls. I probably wouldn't have liked it as much if I could already fly well just because I played IV

Read my post above and realize its not about skill.. There seems something messed up in their handling.

What you call it a.. a bug right? something like that.

Edited by TheRealBars

Toshio_maxoS

ITS A GAME! Omg... I dont want to have such terrible heli physics... like in real life. This is a game.

Cyper

Sounds great.

Flying have always been to easy in GTA.

m.scarecrow

Sounds great.

I already told you that it's made even easier in V but they messed up handling.

TheRealBars

You people can't read oh my.. im giving up on this thread.

Keep up the good fight OP.. you atleast seem to understand there is a bug going on, since there is no deadzone/Gradually increasing steering when slightly pressing the sticks..

Ill say it one more time;

Its the same as flying using WASD on a keyboard, terrible.

Edited by TheRealBars

LanceUppercut

Sounds great.

I already told you that it's made even easier in V but they messed up handling.

Sounds good! Can't wait to play. Thanks for the info. :lol: