Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,246 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
BlackTiger999

Special Edition or Collectors Edition?

BlackTiger999

So I got pre-order for both as I can't decide which I should get.

But I will soon tho'.

Just a note: If I get the SE, I'll get it for the same price as the regular GTA V.

Which one should I get SE or CE?

Which one are you going to get?

SE = Special Edition.

CE = Collectors Edition.

Edited by BlackTiger999

Killzone VII

Personally getting the CE, not because I want the bag or hat (though they are nice) but because I believe Rockstar deserves it for their hard work. It's also my last game I'm buying on current gen so I figure why not go out with a bang?

BlackTiger999

Personally getting the CE, not because I want the bag or hat (though they are nice) but because I believe Rockstar deserves it for their hard work. It's also my last game I'm buying on current gen so I figure why not go out with a bang?

Haha, true true. But what actually is stopping me is that Xbox Live is not going to be supported for X360, 2016. So no GTA ONLINE 2016 and what am I going to with Nicko online then?

Need to make a smart move now.

Francis44

I am going with the Special edition because I believe later we will be able to buy the exclusive content by DLC. It's such a special game for me that totally justifies the money. Unfortunately things here are expensive so I ended up paying for the special edition the same some pay for the CE anywhere else, however I have guarantee it will arrive on release date, the same could not be said If I ordered from an outside online retailer.

Edited by Francis44

Johnny_Leyenda

Haha, true true. But what actually is stopping me is that Xbox Live is not going to be supported for X360, 2016. So no GTA ONLINE 2016 and what am I going to with Nicko online then?

I'd say get the SE, you pay less and the singleplayer alone is worth it anyway.

S-M-O-K-E

Have to agree with this ^^^^

I bought the CE for IV as well & as said above, i believe R* deserves the $ for all their hard work. All the extra stuff is just a bonus in my books. Looking forward to the artwork & hotrod the most outta all the extras.

furhervonfsoter

Basically this ^^^^^ But I kinda dig the physical goodies! The hat I will wear with pride, I know a lot of people seem to find it childish, oh well. I'm super stoked!

Killzone VII

Good point but by then I'm 99% certain GTA Online will be on next gen consoles, and hopefully your stats from current gen will transfer over.

Killzone VII

Basically this ^^^^^ But I kinda dig the physical goodies! The hat I will wear with pride, I know a lot of people seem to find it childish, oh well. I'm super stoked!

Personally I wish the hat had the GTA V logo instead of Los Santos, but I'll probably wear it to gaming conventions and sh*t just for fun, haha.

Killzone VII

Have to agree with this ^^^^

I bought the CE for IV as well & as said above, i believe R* deserves the $ for all their hard work. All the extra stuff is just a bonus in my books. Looking forward to the artwork & hotrod the most outta all the extras.

Exactly, when I heard there would be a collectors edition I went and Pre-ordered it before I even knew all of the contents just because I knew Rockstar would deserve my money. GTA, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout are the only games I feel that way about, mainly because I know for a fact I will get years of play time out of them before I even buy them.

Cally

CE

S-M-O-K-E

Ya i also pre-ordered before the contents of the CE were released. I always splurge on the CE for GTA's.

BlackTiger999

Good point but by then I'm 99% certain GTA Online will be on next gen consoles, and hopefully your stats from current gen will transfer over.

You know you can "MultiQuote" right? lol.

Jokes aside, I really hope so as well.

BMW1M

CE already paid for. Because its GTA 5 and Rockstar.

Killzone VII

You know you can "MultiQuote" right? lol.

Jokes aside, I really hope so as well.

Did not know that, just joined the site a few days ago, plus I'm on my phone so I'm not sure I can do that on here, lol.

ScottishHeist123

100% agree. I feel exactly the same way.

jolzew1

Pretty much sums up exactly why I went with CE. Never bought one before now. This will be my last current gen game so figured might as well as I see this as being the defining game of what was possible during the 360/PS3 era... won't ever wear the hat lol... the extra DLC was another plus! and R* defenitely deserves it when I look at the garbage other developers put out

RX2000

CE of course.....

Killzone VII

Pretty much sums up exactly why I went with CE. Never bought one before now. This will be my last current gen game so figured might as well as I see this as being the defining game of what was possible during the 360/PS3 era... won't ever wear the hat lol... the extra DLC was another plus! and R* defenitely deserves it when I look at the garbage other developers put out

*cough* Call of Duty *cough* Worst part is how the game with all DLC, which is just map packs is $110, when (judging by GTA IV) you can get GTA V and all DLC for about $100. The difference in quality is so massive too, you can actually see who cares about their customers more. Then again there is a 5 year gap between GTA IV and V so.... Meh, whatever. Tuesday is so close but so far away!

BlackTiger999

*cough* Call of Duty *cough* Worst part is how the game with all DLC, which is just map packs is $110, when (judging by GTA IV) you can get GTA V and all DLC for about $100. The difference in quality is so massive too, you can actually see who cares about their customers more. Then again there is a 5 year gap between GTA IV and V so.... Meh, whatever. Tuesday is so close but so far away!

Yepp, indeed.

Well, Activation knows that there is 12 years old boy that will be chasing their games. While Rockstar is more focused on teenagers/adults.

Infinityfq

CE is sold out everywhere I checked in the EU so I got SE.

RichyB

I personally wouldn't get the CE because I'm not the kind of person who would wear gaming merchandise and frankly it would clutter up my home.

So the SE is perfect for me, and is the edition I opted for.

sf15

Will either of these be available to buy at the midnight launch? Or is it just pre orders only?

GuantanamoObama

I would love the SE, however every nearby GameStop is sold out.

highland0wolf

SE

BlackTiger999

Will either of these be available to buy at the midnight launch? Or is it just pre orders only?

Midnight lunch.

7csc

SE. If I wanna play as Nico I'll wait an year to buy that dlc

solofme

Completely agree with you, although I also want the bag and hat :p