Game informer GTA: Online Hands On

xcroptic

Well, this is the last thing I wanted to read:

"Having gotten behind the wheel of a racecar, SUV, and sedan, each felt very distinct and much more in line with a traditional racing game than any previous GTA title."

:v:

Could someone please extract that un-watermarked screenshots of the iOS vesrion? Especially the one published at 3djuegos earlier.

Edited by omawnakw

SO glad they fixed the driving, and I'm excited that "passive mode" means you can't just play the game without risk like so many wanted. If you want to shoot, you're going to be able to be shot at. Perfect!

SO glad they fixed the driving, and I'm excited that "passive mode" means you can't just play the game without risk like so many wanted. If you want to shoot, you're going to be able to be shot at. Perfect!

Dude. What. That's all we wanted, was protection from children who love ruining other people's evenings. And it still grants us that. You can sit there in our face spamming your ammo and RPG's at us and it will be a waste. I can't wait to hear all these immature brats cry that they can't grief me.

• Like 2

CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz 1.24v CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Push/Pull GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4 RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200W Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB

So you can't shoot at the police if you are in passive mode? Or no police whatsoever online?

Still trust what the article says?

Look at all that eye candy bling!!! bling!!! so cool!!!

Thanks for the insite.

Edited by SolidSeen

Dude. What. That's all we wanted, was protection from children who love ruining other people's evenings. And it still grants us that. You can sit there in our face spamming your ammo and RPG's at us and it will be a waste. I can't wait to hear all these immature brats cry that they can't grief me.

How are you going to do heists and missions without shooting?

There needs to be a risk if you want proper rewards, that's exactly how it should be online. If you don't want to deal with other players, you can play in private rooms or play single player. Public free-roam shouldn't be some sort of cakewalk where everybody gets gold stars for being nice.

Edited by M_Redfield

Nobody expected to do missions under passive mode.

Actually, before we found out that passive mode was actually a state and not a gametype, quite a few stated that it was all they would play. People figured it was like RDR where one mode had PvP, and one didn't.

Obviously you cannot switch it back on after shooting since it would be abused easily, so you can stay in passive mode and run/fly/drive, but you can't take part in any of the shooting/violent activities. It's brilliant, really.

Though, they never did say you can't get blown up in a vehicle while in passive mode, which probably means that there will be some trolling there. I just wanted to make sure people couldn't hop into and out of heists while holding millions of dollars without a risk.

It also means that those who lead the heists cannot just run off with the money - they cannot enter passive mode since they have been shooting, so they can't steal the money without getting shot.

I recall that most people already understood it to be an individual character's toggle on/off state, but okay.

Nobody expected to do missions under passive mode.

Actually, before we found out that passive mode was actually a state and not a gametype, quite a few stated that it was all they would play. People figured it was like RDR where one mode had PvP, and one didn't.

Obviously you cannot switch it back on after shooting since it would be abused easily, so you can stay in passive mode and run/fly/drive, but you can't take part in any of the shooting/violent activities. It's brilliant, really.

Though, they never did say you can't get blown up in a vehicle while in passive mode, which probably means that there will be some trolling there. I just wanted to make sure people couldn't hop into and out of heists while holding millions of dollars without a risk.

It also means that those who lead the heists cannot just run off with the money - they cannot enter passive mode since they have been shooting, so they can't steal the money without getting shot.

I'm pretty sure most people wanted passive mode to be able to do activities like tennis without other people ruining them. But anyway I agree that it's a pretty good way Rockstar has come up with.

So you can't shoot at the police if you are in passive mode? Or no police whatsoever online?

Still trust what the article says?

If you can't shoot, you shouldn't have police chasing you.

Of course there's probably other ways of causing a wanted level, but I doubt you would still be in Passive Mode if you triggered a police encounter.

CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz 1.24v CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Push/Pull GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4 RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200W Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB

500 quests. More quests than we can keep up with.
I.... words are not enough... should have sent... a poet...

• Like 1

Oh... and this:

“A dream of ours is to create an entire Grand Theft Auto world that consists of everything we've done or are going to do then let the player freely move between them. The launch of Grand Theft Auto Online is a beginning for us; it gets us a little closer to being able to make that happen.”

:blink::lol:

I hope you cant steal cars or cash from any player when you are in Passive mode. I can see crews exploiting passive mode. I hope it doesnt happen.

only time I'll use passive mode is when depositing money or carrying large amounts of money

Not quite sure it will work like that.

I don't think they would of made a point about players robbing others on the way to the bank if you could just flick on passive mode.

But can we activate passive mode right away after having shot once (not after u shot a player but a pedestrian etc.)?

Doubt it. I'm not sure but I believe with the CVG interview with Leslie it was mentioned that Passive Mode will be activated after being killed a few times. Shoot and it's deactivated. Leslie also said Passive Mode is for players who just want to relax and explore the city. It was pretty much confirmed that it would be a toggle and not it's own mode way back then. People just blocked that part out.

Hey All,

Just recived my digital Game Informer Issue.

They did a hands-on on GTA Online.

Summary (Special Thanks to Duxfever)

- Back / Select Button = Interaction Menu: Change Outfit, Gesture, Access Inventory, Equip Mask

- We may have heard of this before: Missions are tailored to how you choose to play (for example: if you choose to do missions with your Crew, then the missions themselves will start being more centered around that)

- Each mission participant gets their own directions according to what they choose in the pre-mission lobby (like one person picks being the sniper", and another the look-out or transporter)

- Passive move is deactivated as soon as you shoot your gun

- Some apartments have room to only store two vehicles

- Leslie says you have to rank up (but only by a few ranks) to be able to start creating content, "We want people to understand the game before they go off and create...you should be there within an hour of play."

- regular races and GTA Races return, official confirmation of the Rally Mode

- seems like we can also place objects for custom Deathmatch games

- Rockstar will be stamping "Rockstar Verified" on the custom content they favor, we'll eventually get to know who makes the best content, and will be able to follow them whenever they create new content

- Eventually, Rockstar wants us to create our own complex missions and stories using the tools available as much as Rockstar uses theirs

- You can call in strippers in your apartment

- You can install a race transmission to enable your car to shift faster - (Manual Transmission hint?)

- If another player kills you and takes your money, you can only get it back by taking revenge or you can put a bounty on his head

84ol.jpg

z4wt.jpg

7vuv.jpg

exiz.jpg

r4cq.jpg

sfxw.jpg

jk1r.jpg

jjue.jpg

oahz.jpg

8sjd.jpg

whkc.jpg

trum.jpgf2sj.jpg

Sorry for the long post!

Great post. If Rockstar does decide to make this a paid service, which seems logical since they're planning to keep this beyond GTA V and future titles, I will gladly pay for it as long as the content is kept fresh and innovative. This service looks very promising.

GuantanamoObama

Hey All,

- Back / Select Button = Interaction Menu: Change Outfit, Gesture, Access Inventory, Equip Mask

- We may have heard of this before: Missions are tailored to how you choose to play (for example: if you choose to do missions with your Crew, then the missions themselves will start being more centered around that)

- Each mission participant gets their own directions according to what they choose in the pre-mission lobby (like one person picks being the sniper", and another the look-out or transporter)

- Leslie says you have to rank up (but only by a few ranks) to be able to start creating content, "We want people to understand the game before they go off and create...you should be there within an hour of play."

- Rockstar will be stamping "Rockstar Verified" on the custom content they favor, we'll eventually get to know who makes the best content, and will be able to follow them whenever they create new content

- Eventually, Rockstar wants us to create our own complex missions and stories using the tools available as much as Rockstar uses theirs

- You can install a race transmission to enable your car to shift faster - (Manual Transmission hint?)

- If another player kills you and takes your money, you can only get it back by taking revenge or you can put a bounty on his head

84ol.jpg

z4wt.jpg

7vuv.jpg

exiz.jpg

r4cq.jpg

sfxw.jpg

jk1r.jpg

jjue.jpg

oahz.jpg

8sjd.jpg

whkc.jpg

trum.jpgf2sj.jpg

Sorry for the long post!

Great post. If Rockstar does decide to make this a paid service, which seems logical since they're planning to keep this beyond GTA V and future titles, I will gladly pay for it as long as the content is kept fresh and innovative. This service looks very promising.

Hey All,

84ol.jpg

z4wt.jpg

7vuv.jpg

exiz.jpg

r4cq.jpg

sfxw.jpg

jk1r.jpg

jjue.jpg

oahz.jpg

8sjd.jpg

whkc.jpg

Sorry for the long post!

I would most certainly object to it being subscription based.