Game informer GTA: Online Hands On

xcroptic

Wonderful, but kind of long read. Knowing how most people are, you skimmed down the thread to this comment. Scroll back up and read the entire article, you wont regret it.

• Like 1

MosquitoSmasher

Call in strippers to your condo? Ok sounds cool haha, hopefully possible offline too.

hopefully this interaction menu is in SP too

Yeah i hope so too. That could mean we get to change clothes on the fly and for SP i kinda doubt that. The gesture should still be there though. That was one of the very first features they spoke about in the cover story. It sounds a bit confusing though...one button has gesture, inventory and clothing select?

Edited by MosquitoSmasher

Gnocchi Flip Flops
You can install a race transmission to enable your car to shift faster

Upgrading your transmission hah? :) Sounds cool! I wonder if we can add dual clutch transmissions? That would be great on Michael's Tailgater so that it would be like the Audi S6 C7.

I am going to crack a beer and read this.. Thanks OP! +like

Also.. I upgraded to pro rewards a few weeks ago at gamestop.. should I be getting one of these in my email???

Since the online version of Game Informer has been release, when do you think those that get the physical copy will arrive in the mail?

hopefully this interaction menu is in SP too

Thisssssssssssssssssssssss.

I will be royally butthurt if we get no inventory/interaction menu in single player. How retarded is that, a massive in-game feature tied only to multiplayer in a world that is supposed to be a replica of the single player experience :S

CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz 1.24v CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Push/Pull GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4 RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200W Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB

No mention of playing pool at your house :/ But you can call strippers haha.

Pretty sure that was in the GTA Online trailer.

Don't know how I feel about calling in strippers. While it's cool, it just seems like.. something to be there.

"LOOK. YOU CAN CALL IN STRIPPERS.". Well, it's cool. Don't get me wrong. It's just.. there.

No mention of playing pool at your house :/ But you can call strippers haha.

Pretty sure that was in the GTA Online trailer.

Don't know how I feel about calling in strippers. While it's cool, it just seems like.. something to be there.

"LOOK. YOU CAN CALL IN STRIPPERS.". Well, it's cool. Don't get me wrong. It's just.. there.

Nah no pool tables in the trailer. Just TV, telescope, making drinks and looking out the window haha.

And yeah if I want to experience strippers with some pals I might as well go to a real strip club. :p But hey the more options the better.

Edited by NYC PATROL

I hate to repost, but does anyone know when the physcial copy of game informer will arrive to those that chose to have the physical copy instead of the digital format.

another summary made by someone on 4chan

-Once GTA Online goes live, players are given access to a fourth player on their in-game character wheel...he or she doesn't speak.

-Develop strong ties with private security company Merriweather, and you can even phone in an airstrike to remove that pesky car in the front of the pack during a heated race.

-You can lock down your games to only let the players you want in there.

-The skills you start with are based on the lifestyle you have chosen for your character....whether they spend more time partying or sitting on the couch or doing criminal activities than sleeping and being athletic.

-Putting a racing transmission into a sedan makes it switch gears more quickly, while buying high-end replacement brakes and tires on a luxury sportscar gives it better handling...

-Having gotten behind the wheel of a racecar, SUV, and sedan, each felt very distinct and much more in line with a traditional racing game than any previous GTA title.

Regarding a mission...

-Each player gets to choose his or her own role ... (e.g. sniper, lookout, transporter)

-Passive mode prevents others from shooting you, but is deactivated as soon as you start shooting your own gun.

-If you get robbed by another player and demand satisfaction, you can put a bounty on his or her head.

-Once you have...a high-end residency, you unlock the ability to set up involved heists...in a planning room that you invite your friends to.

-Modest apartments only have room for two vehicles...high-end luxury condiminium...10. You can hire a mechanic to watch over them and buy insurance to avoid paying huge repair bills...

-After a rough job, head to your place and take a shower to clean off the blood and scars. Many activities are available, including calling strippers, having a drink, looking through the telescope to enjoy the view, or watching one of the several Rockstar-created parody shows on TV.

-You must reach a certain rank before you can create your own content.

MosquitoSmasher

I wonder which button will cycle the camera angles, now...

Yeah same here dude, that got me wondering now too. It's probably very farfetched, but this better not mean they are no multiple cameras anymore for on-foot. This is something I have been worried about though, after seeing RDR and MP3 without any different camera views. In-car in GTA V it would then work...cause selecting weapons will probably be X or triangle again. Boy I hope I am wrong, cause I WANT my close to the shoulder camera view when on foot. IMO much better for immersion.

Edited by MosquitoSmasher

Call me a cry baby or tell me to go play another game or whatever but:

-Having gotten behind the wheel of a racecar, SUV, and sedan, each felt very distinct and much more in line with a traditional racing game than any previous GTA title

I think I officially hate the driving in this game. It's all good though, I always have GTA IV with the realistic handling mod whenever I want to go cruising.

I'm confused. How does being able to install a race transmission into a car mean we have manual shift capabilities? To me it sounds like the car will just shift way faster on its own. I'm very doubtful of this but I sure as hell hope we really do have manual cars.

Until now I thought "Passive Mode" was a room type.. But now I see that it is a mode your individual character can be in, while still being in a full crazy room.

Tony Trollucci

I think I officially hate the driving in this game. It's all good though, I always have GTA IV with the realistic handling mod whenever I want to go cruising.

sad

Nice article. I hope a lot of this new announced mulitplayer features also appear in the single player mode.

And Rockstar you stole my idea from last year. :lol:

Nah don't want that. But it would be cool if you could use your bathroom after a heavy shoot-out to get your hair clean and to remove blood stains from your face and skin. Like Pay-n-Spray for people.