Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,779 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
ItsNavin

Question about Map in Special Edition and Regular

ItsNavin

Hey there, I planned on buying GTA Special Edition a long time ago and pre ordering it but I just had a few questions. The only reason I wanted to buy the special edition was because of the blueprint map it came with, but with all of the people saying "SHOW THE MAP PLEASE" in apparent leaks with the game it makes me wonder, does the regular edition come with a map too or something making it obsolete for me to get the special edition? Also, is it possible to buy a special edition in store or must you pre order online only? Thanks! :D

rockstargamer4life

The regular and special edition maps are different, and the special edition is sold out for ps3.....

jdwarfer

The regular edition comes with a regular map. The blueprint has more details.

spamtackey

I'm fairly sure the regular edition comes with a normal map while the special edition comes with a blueprint map with extra details and such. As for buying the special edition, I asked my local gamestore and they weren't selling it so I pre-ordered online. Gamestop might have it though.

Edited by spamtackey

Mr Brightside

The blueprint map shows more icons on the map (like real Estste opportunities etc)

rockstargamer4life

Special edition for ps3 is sold out at gamestop...not 100% sure about other places....i wanted to clarify

John Smith

The SE is most likely going to have both the blueprint map AND the standard map.

rockstargamer4life

The SE is most likely going to have both the blueprint map AND the standard map.

yes, special should still have regular map inside the gamecase....i think so anyway

ItsNavin

Ah, alright thanks a lot guys! Dang... I really want the blueprint map, I mean it'd be so convenient xD (xbox) but I guess I would need to pre order then... if it isn't too late o.O

rockstargamer4life

Ah, alright thanks a lot guys! Dang... I really want the blueprint map, I mean it'd be so convenient xD (xbox) but I guess I would need to pre order then... if it isn't too late o.O

id be getting on a phone or website or in a car right now if i were you.......times running out

NickStone

I was having the same thought. I was under the impression the standard edition wasn't going to have any case at all. I would have just printed my own map from a high-res copy online, and might do that for the blueprint map.

After the game is released, if you can locate a map through Google Images that's maybe 2500x2500 or so, you can use an online tool called 'picslice' to cut the image into four pieces. Print each one, and tape/glue them back together.

it won't be pixel-perfect detail, but if you can locate a map image even larger, you can always go to Kinko's (now FedEx) and have a poster made up, for around $30 or $40.

I used a laserjet printer on this San Andreas map below, with 6 sheets of paper. It turned out quite well, and I intend to do the same with the other maps :)

1-2s7NScs4mCsHR2W.jpg

QuietSundayLibrary

1-2s7NScs4mCsHR2W.jpg

Terrific job! I certainly hope that someone posts the "Special Edition" map, as I'm no longer able to accrue a copy, and I was voraciously looking forward to the map.

Edited by QuietSundayLibrary

John Smith

^^That's pretty cool.

7csc

I was having the same thought. I was under the impression the standard edition wasn't going to have any case at all. I would have just printed my own map from a high-res copy online, and might do that for the blueprint map.

After the game is released, if you can locate a map through Google Images that's maybe 2500x2500 or so, you can use an online tool called 'picslice' to cut the image into four pieces. Print each one, and tape/glue them back together.

it won't be pixel-perfect detail, but if you can locate a map image even larger, you can always go to Kinko's (now FedEx) and have a poster made up, for around $30 or $40.

I used a laserjet printer on this San Andreas map below, with 6 sheets of paper. It turned out quite well, and I intend to do the same with the other maps :)

1-2s7NScs4mCsHR2W.jpg

WOW ! that is some nice map ! Well done !

ItsNavin

id be getting on a phone or website or in a car right now if i were you.......times running out

Haha yeah, I know I need to do that.

1-2s7NScs4mCsHR2W.jpg

And by golly, that is very impressive and a great idea! Thanks for the picture and explanation man, appreciated! :)