Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,895 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

iNero

70 Missions + 6 Main Heists - are you pleased?

Amount Of Missions  

425 members have voted

1. 1. are you pleased with the amount of mission?

• Yes
    • No

iNero

From CVG ( http://gtaforums.com/topic/583511-70-missions-confirmed-by-cvg/ ) we know that V will have about 70 missions plus 6 Main Heists.

Although we dont know how accurate this number is, we knew that V will have less than IV ( 94 missions ) for months.

So are you pleased with it?

I am pleased as long as there are a lot more activities and mini-games which we dont know about yet and I really want the individuel storyline for each protagonist to not be too short. When you play 40 Missions with all 3 guys, you have 10 Missions for each protagonist left, which ( imo ) would be too few. So I hope we have not too much Missions with all 3 Protagonists.

What we do know ( from the previews ) is that the Missions have alot more variety than IV and seem to be a bit longer.

Edited by iNero

VIPΣR

I personally don't need more than that.

FromBrnoCity

Next week we will see...

poklane

How am I supposed to know? All depends on how long the missions are...

marcx

Nope, I was expacting more, 90+ or something.

Tzatziki

Is 70 missions with or without side missions and mini-games....

MosquitoSmasher

It is quite a bit more than RDR had, and i never found RDR a short game. Plus as soon as i have the controls over three characters, i will be exploring and doing non-mission stuff for countless of hours really. I loved IV, but if i'm 100% honest, it did start to drag later in the game. I'd say it could have easily done without a handful of missions or even more. Judging by previews and hands ons it sounds like the missions will be indeed a lot more fun and diverse. And IGN AU said you will want to try things out in missions, and its no problem, cause there are mid level checkpoints. So i'll have a few less missions that are much more interesting over the too many boring missions in IV.

norgeek

CVG did not confirm 70 missions in GTA V.

CVG said that GTA IV had 70 missions, and that they did not know how many missions GTA V will have.

tenpennyisplainevil

Quality over quantity. I prefer 70+ diverse missions to 94 bland missions.

KingTeavis

That is plently for me. The difference in GTA IV and SA for me was that, even though GTA IV had a lot of missions after the walkthrough I didn't want to just "Free Roam" because the terrain was all the same and boring. In SA, after beating the walkthrough, I would spend hours just getting into mischief and roaming around.

GTA V will be (I hope) the same way as SA. The map is not just a city, its the countryside and all. There will be hours of just roaming around and exploring, so I don't care that there is this number of missions. There are plenty of other things to do!

stee_vo

That's a perfect amount.

Malndor

I hope that R* aren't relying mainly on Online to carry this game.

iNero

I hope that R* aren't relying mainly on Online to carry this game.

well, 70 Missions in SP against 700 Missions in MP is quite a difference. Although I think many of those 700 Missions are basicly the same

Poedersuiker

70 + 6 main heists will be plenty.

Especially when the missions are much more detailed then IV, so it takes much longer to complete a mission.

I hope I can keep myself from running through the game in a few go's. I think the awesome sidemissions and features, not to mention GTA online will keep me from that.

But at the other hand, I wont argue if they would put some more missions into it. :lol:

Malndor

Hmmmm, Is it possible they could of put more in SP if they didn't focus so heavily on MP? It's an interesting road to take. Maybe they are hoping to use MP to carry this game to GTA 6? At what sacrifice though. It's going to be interesting to see how.

Personally am happy to run a muck on the Sandbox side, just interesting to see where R* is taking this. So no qualms just intrigued.

Edited by Malndor

Krispen Whah

70 missions + tons of side missions + GTA Online missions = :panic:

Jesse Pinkman

I would trade them all for one realistic steak.

tawlfello

This is bullsh*t! Ill be done in 10 days & i work 40-48 hours a week! 5 years for 70 missions i dont get it

Jesse Pinkman

This is bullsh*t! Ill be done in 10 days & i work 40-48 hours a week! 5 years for 70 missions i dont get it

Dont worry, you will get it when you become older.

polycount

I'm satisfied. I don't see the uproar over it, really. Theres tons of side missions, side activities, and the missions aren't including heist planning or how long and diverse missions might be. We simply can't accurately say whether this is a good or bad thing right now. I want to say quality or quantity, but I would have to disagree with myself if I did. While yes quality is important, I also wouldn't want 3 missions even if they were the best and most fun ever- need SOMETHING to tie you over for a longer period of time. There has to be a compromise of some sort. So 70 sound excellent to me. Many of them might be longer missions anyway- who knows?

Memphys

For now I'm not. Story seems to be very short. But I will judge game after finishing the story.

Nigerian Keith

GTA 4 took me 10 hours to 100% so this one will probably take me about 7 or 8 hours.

Found_Again

More than pleased. I have a hunch that each heist will be the equivalent of several missions in one. They will also be very challenging and varied.

iNero

I think when you keep in mind that this time we have 3 different characters with each has its own storyline plus the main story line, it could be pretty short for some people

rockstargamer4life

What you have to think about, is that there is roughly 100 hours of sp gameplay. That doesnt include dying and redos, exploring, customization, driving around, goofing off, rampages, random encounters, shopping, spending time on bawsaq, etc...100 hours of gameplay is non stop on a stop watch. I firmly believe we will be playing sp for far more than 100 hours....and we havent even touched the online portion....countless hours!

Freezer89

Is the 70 missions still just a rumor or wrong "translation" because in the recent IGN video it apparently was meant for IV (which was also wrong because it got 94).

Either way I am just fine with 70 missions, I personally think that there were too many in IV that are also too alike. And pretty generic sometimes.

ColePhelps27

We'll see in a few weeks.

Sticky Pads

If missions are all you care about in GTAV, you are missing the point. Plus, 70 missions does not break down into 20+ per character, since you are playing most missions using more than just one character.