Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,108 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Tank

New Post Layout

New Post Layout  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the proposed new layout?

• Yes
    • No, I prefer the existing layout

Tank

As part of our on-going new default theme development, we'd like to know your thoughts on a proposed new layout for posts.

By removing the vertical column to the left of each post and moving the author info inside a container, the aim is to create a more "open" feel and remove the margin which some members find distracting.

GunWrath

Tough one.. but I've already gotten used to the existing and I like the existing actually. But either or would be fine for me.

Edmachine

To be honest, I don't mind either one. Both of them look good! What I would rather have is a larger space between posts or a better kind of border, like on the old software.

Kiffster

I like the existing one slightly more, but the new proposed one looks good too. :^:

AndyGanteks

Both look great. I voted for the new layout, but whichever happens, i'm sure most members will be cool with it.

If the new layout were to be chosen, where would the potential flag/member log link/post count go if added?

Also, is there any way to display post date like it used to be (option in settings, or as default) (right now it says eg. posted 34 minutes ago, posted 2 days ago, posted a week ago...and before we had posted 13 Aug 2012 14:23, posted 5th November 2009, 17:29. It feels a bit more convenient and precise

Edit: is there any way to switch the edit/quote/multi quote buttons to top right corner of post? Could be a bit more convenient for editing long posts in some pinned topics rather then scrolling down. Just a very small suggestion, i'm fine as it is, just fell to my mind.

Edited by AndyGanteks

Hodgey.

Both look great. I voted for the new layout, but whichever happens, i'm sure most members will be cool with it.

If the new layout were to be chosen, where would the potential flag/member log link/post count go if added?

Also, is there any way to display post date like it used to be (option in settings, or as default) (right now it says eg. posted 34 minutes ago, posted 2 days ago, posted a week ago...and before we had posted 13 Aug 2012 14:23, posted 5th November 2009, 17:29. It feels a bit more convenient and precise

Edit: is there any way to switch the edit/quote/multi quote buttons to top right corner of post? Could be a bit more convenient for editing long posts in some pinned topics rather then scrolling down. Just a very small suggestion, i'm fine as it is, just fell to my mind.

If you just hover the mouse pointer over the "Posted 10 minutes ago" then it will come up with the exact time and date that it was posted.

As for the layouts, i prefer the way that we have it now compared to the other one as it just feels a little more modern and stylish.

I like the current one. The proposed one looks a bit too empty.

However I would like it if you would trim down any useless vertical space. In the end it would save us from a lot of unneeded scrolling. I don't want to sprain a finger or anything. There's a lot of empty space between the actual post and the signature aswell as next to the signature itself. The like, report and quote buttons could be moved to the side.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/R8J6xwG.jpg

GTAKid667

It looks great Tank but I personally prefer the current one. However, if you did do the change I wouldn't mind :)

AndyGanteks

@860 - Or maybe instead of the bottom "useless space" where you wrote, maybe a longer/wider sig?

@Hodgey - Oooh, didn't know that. Thanks, but still, if possible have it switch between methods maybe?

Edited by AndyGanteks

Andreas

Both layouts are looking good to me. The only issue of the proposed new one is that there is lots of empty space under the username, join date, etc. However, if medals and flags would return sometime in the future, then I would say the new posting layout looks better.

[Edit] But thinking about it, the empty space is only there due the length of the post. If it is possible to save some of the space with shorter posts, e.g. less space is wasted than now, then I can confidently say the new layout is better.

Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian

KawakSallas

I'm with @860, there's much wasted space

Quick job I made on paint

ORIGINAL

bBjA5JV.png

CONCEPT

dbN2CvE.png

Also

ORIGINAL

rzzsfvR.png

CONCEPT

yHh0B4x.png

Girish

After staring at both the layouts for a good 5 minutes, the proposed one seems better to me.

Spider-Vice

Either one or the other are fine with me, but the removal of the right part would be pretty good even if it was just that.

Moth

I prefer the current design. But what needs to be done either way, is the replies taking up more of the right. Since the right is pretty empty right now.

supermati

The proposed one does one thing right that the current doesn't. There are like 4-5 lines of stuff going on below avatars, the new proposal would tidy them up in a fixed, closed rectangle, which makes everything look a lot less messy.

NYC PATROL

What if we make it like the old forum layout where the avatar part is the same color as the part where our text appears but no avatar in a conainer. In my personal opinion I think this way makes the posts look more open than anything else. (May have to change around some of the blue colors to do this though)

And also if the post boxes get expanded all the way to the right side of the screen (Move the news banner stuff to the top of the page again) I think that would help the open feeling.

@ 1st part, avatar/post layout Example:

9711456009_6a979be031_b.jpg

Edited by NYC PATROL

Mr. Reaper.

The proposed version, makes the member info more appealing to the eye.