Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,304 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
dr00gy

A question about timezones

dr00gy

Do the Aussies & Kiwis get the game a full 12/13 hours before the Brits or what?

What about countries with multiple timezones? Could a Yank just hop from New Mexico to Texas & get the game an hour earlier?

How have Rockstar organised it? It it simply that the game is released at 00.00 on the dot in your timezone? If so, I bet many of you border-dwellers are thinking of nipping next door & queueing up there instead.

Edited by dr00gy

Buffaloro

Do the Aussies & Kiwis get the game a full 12/13 hours before the Brits or what?

What about countries with multiple timezones? Could a Yank just hop from New Mexico to Texas & get the game an hour earlier?

How have Rockstar organised it? It it simply that the game is released at 00.00 on the dot in your timezone? If so, I bet many of you border-dwellers are thinking of nipping next door & queueing up there instead.

Whenever the store opens there locally.

Proletariat

I personally think it should be at a predetermined time that is applied to all international locations. Yes, it would be troublesome for people because of the differences in timing, but that's the only way to ensure that people get the game a full 12-13 hours earlier than someone somewhere else. Just isn't fair.

CarRamrod224

I would assume the drive time to go from one timezone to the other would take longer than just waiting that hour or so.

dr00gy

I would assume the drive time to go from one timezone to the other would take longer than just waiting that hour or so.

' I bet many of you border-dwellers are thinking of nipping next door & queueing up there instead.'

Not if you live near the border.

Buffaloro

I personally think it should be at a predetermined time that is applied to all international locations. Yes, it would be troublesome for people because of the differences in timing, but that's the only way to ensure that people get the game a full 12-13 hours earlier than someone somewhere else. Just isn't fair.

It is actually. They go to sleep earlier that day too. It's like they have newyear earlier. You don't forbid them from celebrating the 1st day of a new year at midnight because it wouldn't be fair either.

Dutchy3010

So it would be fair that people -for example- can get it at 2 a.m., while no shop will be open at that time in most countries, while others will get it at 11 a.m. and can buy it immediately? You simply cannot make this fair other than having the same timezones everywhere around the globe. :p

R.R

If a few hours make that much of a difference to you, I suggest you do one of two things - grow up, or get help.

OP - there's been dozens of threads on this. Much easier to search first.

CarRamrod224

' I bet many of you border-dwellers are thinking of nipping next door & queueing up there instead.'

Not if you live near the border.

That is also assuming that there is a store right across the timezone border. I would be willing to bet the chances of that is slim to none.

evoluon--720

this is why i think certain places will get the game a bit early

especially if you pre ordered

Red Hat

I'll get the game only on Sept.18 :(

Skozza89

The Japanese have to wait till October. Count yourselves lucky. A lot of people using Shopto/Amazon especially here in UK will likely get it on the 16th.