Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,853 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

LiGzz

What Other Games Have You Obsessed Over This Much In The Past?

SlappyPwnsAss

Red Dead Redemption... Vice City i was excited too, but not as much. Not even close.

Dog_Bread

Perfect Dark

- over thirteen years ago!

I still remember the day it was released, 30 June 2000, having taken it off work specially. Me and my three GoldenEye mates Abe, Jez and Sy (you had to know all your crew members personally in those days), picked it up from GAME. We then had a quick pint in the Princess Alice, over which we had one last "I bet it's going to be sweet" conversation, then back to Abe's place taking turns on the campaign.

That was back in the infancy of the internet (plus I didn't have it at home) and so I would buy endless game magazines looking for shreds of new info. in the last couple of months before the release it got crazy. I tuned into all gaming tv shows too, hoping they would preview something. The first footage I saw was on a great channel four late night show called BITS.

Though I have had various consoles and PC since, No other game has been like that for me until NOW!

K7YLP

none for me, never been to midnight launch, the only game I've ever pre-ordered was need for speed underground 2 back in the day for the first xbox.

Aly Zaroon

yeah WWE games till 2011 years back

but not that much im following this game since 2009

Edited by Aiden Pierce

DerpBerp

Assassins Creed 2 then it went down hill from there The Last of Us freaking amazing game Prey 2 if they ever finish it Fallout 4 the guy who play three dog confirmed it dying light looks pretty interesting a couple JRPGs and bunch more that ive heard about :blink: too many good games in the coming years

Gokurot1000

Batman:AC, Skyrim, & Assassin's Creed.

Edited by Gokurot1000

FrenchTom

This year's Bioshock Infinite - and it did not disappoint.

ugotsmoked

God of War III

Zirvlok

Twisted Metal. I was super hyped for that game. While I feel it turned out pretty good for the most part, there were a few things (Primarily the online infrastructure) that really needed more work. I actually wish it had gotten delayed another few months.

Tilemaxx

To the extend of GTA V? Devil May Cry 4. I was waiting for that game like crazy, the hype was up to the roof.

Sadhu

None. GTA V is the first game I'm really stoked about.

lolzz19

Skyrim, the first time I played that was seriously one of the most beautiful moments in my life. I had been waiting for so long, when I think back at the first time I played it now I can't help but smile, it was magic.

And i'm sure GTA V will be like that as well. And I am sure I will play GTA straight for a longer period than Skyrim, though I don't think i'm as excited for it as I was for Skyrim, and I probably will never be for any other game.

Showstopper 26

San Andreas, Oblivion, GTA IV, and Skyrim.

Edited by Showstopper 26

sufferblind86

This much? NONE.

jv95_

Mgs 3,Rdr and gta iv.

semie

The latest SimCity. I obviously had no friends in high school.

Me too, then I played it... turned out it was way more fun waiting for it than playing it, oh well.

The War Z from way back in it's pre alpha days (don't judge), lost interest once it became a hack fest.

GTA IV, I purchased a ps3 just for that game.

DayZ started out with anticipation and now I am just left with sadness. Nothing GTA V wont fix though.

I am looking forward to Team Meats next game though... Mew-Genics. I enjoy their sense of humor a lot.

thun3r

1. Halo 3:ODST through Halo 4

2. Borderlands 2

3. Fallout NV

4. RDR

5. Skyrim

Some of the older pokemon games....

Edited by thun3r

Doland J. Trump

Mafia II, what a waste of time that was.

ActionBronson

I've never been quite this hyped for a video game ever. The only other game I ever really anticipated this much was Fallout: New Vegas.

Stormingz

I loved the game Mafia on the original Xbox, so when I heard Mafia 2 was coming out I got hyped for that. Along with Max Payne 3.

Edited by Stormingz

abottig

Every GTA since III.

fitbikesbmx

GTA IV. GTA San Andreas. GTA Vice City. I notice a trend there. Can't think of any others that compare.

Rokit5

World of Warcraft

Skylanator

I was hyped by Dragon Age 2 and was completely let down. I was this hyped for Skyrim, let down slightly (still a brilliant game, I just expected more). This hyped for Portal 2, let down by the fact that there will never be a third.. Hyped for Borderlands 2 as I was obsessed with Borderlands, it was such a good combo, 2 let it down biiiig time though. But GTA V is brilliant, and if I could give birth to it, and go through the pain of all of that and have it in my arms tomorrow, I would. I wouldn't really do that for any other game.

Shampson360

All of the GTAs but none like gta v.

NickStone

WOW, love the new forum. Very pleasing to the eye.

I love the fact that the topic of this thread assumes that the reader is in fact obsessing over GTAV. For me, they'd be right.

I'm 37 years old, so when I was a kid, it was Commodore 64, up to the original Nintendo. :: yawn :: Who could possibly obsess over a 9-bit Mario? I preferred working on and driving old (fast) cars, in real life.

Then a friend told me about this game called Grand Theft Auto 3. Yeah, I remember something about a game called Grand Theft Auto the kids were goin nuts for back in 1998. It looked simple and childish. So he brought me his PS2 and the GTA3 disc. And holy crap. I didn't talk to him again for 2 weeks. That's how long it took to put the controller down and go out into the sunlight. I gave the guy his stuff back and bought my own. I bought GTA3 and VC, played em both till SA came out. And so on, and so on.

I've "obsessed" over every GTA ever made for the PS2 and PS3, LA Noire, and Red Dead Redemption. Like a good James Patterson or Michael Connelly novel, Rockstar has a way of transporting me out of my crap life, where everyone hates me and treats me like garbage, into a world where I RULE, and everyone else drops dead by my hand. Sixty bucks is about the cheapest price ever put on psychotherapy. :)

ThatOneDork

None to the extent that I'm excited for GTA V. I mean come on, I never listened to a company's financial conference before this game haha. And we didn't even get anything out of it! Not even the answer to the best game with a cock!

QuietSundayLibrary

"Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" takes this (dubious?) honor. I was in my twenties, but I was fawning over it like an obsessive, limerent schoolgirl. In hindsight, my obsession was borderline psychotic.

NickStone

"Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" takes this (dubious?) honor. I was in my twenties, but I was fawning over it like an obsessive, limerent schoolgirl. In hindsight, my obsession was borderline psychotic.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with borderline psychotic. Not even if you yelled "Take THAT, Sonny!" at the screen. Lots of us loved and missed the eighties, and R* gave us instant time machine access to it :)

shane94

Ive never hyped up so much for a game, as much as I did for GTA V...