Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,032 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
5StarVAgain

The Blue Map

5StarVAgain

Does anyone know what form the blue map will take? I'm hoping it will be something of high quality, rather than an extremely large piece of paper folded into the insert of the box.

I'd like to see something properly laminated that comes in a cardboard tube, but I guess that's unlikely as some shops might struggle for storage space in the backroom.

DaRkL3AD3R

It's going to be a folded up insert.

I mean look at the Special Edition boxing. It's about the size as all other regular game boxes.

jv95_

Does anyone know what form the blue map will take? I'm hoping it will be something of high quality, rather than an extremely large piece of paper folded into the insert of the box.

I'd like to see something properly laminated that comes in a cardboard tube, but I guess that's unlikely as some shops might struggle for storage space in the backroom.

Hope the same.

NYC PATROL

My guess is stores will just distribute them like the pre-order posters.(rolled up and held with a rubber band) Which was subjective to tears and all the likes.

My hope is that they put them in something protective. Some of us would like to keep it nice and neat. ;)

Edited by NYC PATROL

5StarVAgain

Oh, so they do actually just roll up posters in an elastic band and hand them out? That seems most likely then. I can't see them folding them up and inserting them. They're going to be absolutely huge aren't they?

I also want it to be of high quality, instead of just a cheap poster. I plan on sticking mine to my living door so that I can stand up and look at it to do some planning. If I could draw on it with a marker and wipe it clean - even better, but I guess that's very unlikely.

RisingLegend

Shortly after recieving it you should store it in a safe place. . .like a paper shredder.

LotusRIP

My pre-order poster was in a plain white tube, rolled up. I'm guessing it will be the same for the blueprint map.

NYC PATROL

My pre-order poster was in a plain white tube, rolled up. I'm guessing it will be the same for the blueprint map.

Damn, really? Mine came as I mentioned above. Rolled up with just a rubber band holding it. It had slight tears in it and bends on the edges.

Edited by NYC PATROL

LotusRIP

Damn, really? Mine came as I mentioned above. Rolled up with just a rubber band holding it. It had slight tears in it and bends on the edges.

Oh sh*t. I assumed yours came in the white tube too the way you described it.

It was just a real plain and simple white cardboard tube with rubber stops on each end. Poster was rolled up inside. Actually now that I think of it - my wife got it for me (preordered) as a Christmas present so maybe it's possible she bought the tube herself to store it in... I dunno... but there was no rubber bands around the poster either.

one55

The blue print map for the SE will either be rolled up and held in place with an elastic band or in a cardboard tube. I seriously doubt they'd fold it up and stick it in the steelbook case along with the paper map/booklet.

For the CE it will be inside the box along with the other physical items and game case

NYC PATROL

Oh sh*t. I assumed yours came in the white tube too the way you described it.

It was just a real plain and simple white cardboard tube with rubber stops on each end. Poster was rolled up inside. Actually now that I think of it - my wife got it for me (preordered) as a Christmas present so maybe it's possible she bought the tube herself to store it in... I dunno... but there was no rubber bands around the poster either.

Nope, just the ol' rubber band. Was funny the employee at the store came out the back with it all nice and flat then rolled it up and slipped a band on it right infront of me. I should of said noooo don't do that but it was too late haha.

5StarVAgain

The blue print map for the SE will either be rolled up and held in place with an elastic band or in a cardboard tube. I seriously doubt they'd fold it up and stick it in the steelbook case along with the paper map/booklet.

For the CE it will be inside the box along with the other physical items and game case

That would make the box HUUUUUGE!!

CalgaryJay

I would be pissed if it ends up just being a cheap, folded up insert. That map is literally the reason why I went SE instead of just Original Recipe. I basically spent an extra $20 just for the map, because I thought it looked so cool (and useful, with the floor blueprint look).

I'm expecting it to be rolled up with an elastic though, as speculated here. I can't imagine they'd try to wedge something like that in the game box

GutsAndGlory

it will be rolled up like a sweaty wad of hundred dolla bills

Chukkles

When you walk into the shop they'll most likely put the game disc, booklet, DLC codes and maps into the box.

Most likely folded, also makes more sense for postal orders, only one package as opposed to two.

Edited by Chukkles

sebasbmxer

im ok with it if its nicely folded

Felix Gibraltar

It will be rolled up with enough girth to slowly be able to slide into your ass :)

Edited by Felix Gibraltar

5StarVAgain

It will be rolled up with enough girth to slowly be able to slide into your ass :)

:D

sanpreet

roll it up baby

b1baller
Felix Gibraltar, on 07 Sept 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

LOL

FranklinsMasterSword

I'm hoping that it'll be in a tube and laminated but if not ill probably find a way to get rid of the folds, then it's going in a frame anyway so it'll be safe

jdwarfer

I hope it will be untearable paper, and not folded into the box but rolled up into a cylinder box.

It should be like a real blueprint, like a real plan. I don't know how they are IRL.

Edited by jdwarfer

ekhunter

the pre order free poster, is up on rockstars website for $15.00, good thing i GOT 5 OF THEM!

Karoi

My guess is folded but I think it may be made of some stronger/glossy paper.

GTA5FAN055

Just throwing in what I think....but I think the special and collectors edition boxes are pre packed with everything... So I don't think they will be handing them out the blue print has close to or the same dimensions are the pre order posted btw I framed mine with all this being said I don't think all the game retailers I.e. Walmart,bestbuy,GameStop,game...amazon ect ect have time to hand out a million extra posters or maps

RockstarGROUPIE

Hopefully like skyrims special one i say that becUse i brought two same copys for me and my girlfriend, and one was just paper but the other was like egpt paper i hope they use the egpt like paper.