Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,338 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

hardwork07

How long will it take to dl 18gb?

hardwork07

2949541324.png

Pepperjack

40 days

BMW Sterling

Around a half of hour to 45 minutes

Banana

Around an hour or two. Probably longer if the server's can't handle the traffic.

Ragtop

Whatever you do, don't download it in the background.. it throttles your speed. Just let it go. Might take a couple hours though, possibly 3-4.

Edited by Ragtop

Chillyo

I think it will more depends on how many people will download it. (it will probably be capped at a certain speed). Nice download speed you have here, but i dont know if the PSN server can run at this speed with everyone trying to download it.

GlenTempest

Judging by my wifi atleast 2-3 hours. however I will not sleep until it is completed!

Kihz

Judging by my wifi atleast 2-3 hours. however I will not sleep until it is completed!

So you're gonna watch it download, then go to sleep when it finishes? Seems a little backwards to me.

yonatan755

it'll take for you about 4 hours i belive

QuietSundayLibrary

Whatever you do, don't download it in the background.. it throttles your speed. Just let it go. Might take a couple hours though, possibly 3-4.

Is there any wonder why "The Last of Us" took me nearly nine hours to download? Definitely going to heed your advice come twelve midnight on the seventeenth.

novesori

At full speed it should be around 2 hours. I have 50mbit internet and i need around 30 min do download 20gb.

copperrobber

first of, you are not downloading it, you're installing it :) and it will probably take around 20-30 for one disk, im gonna install both though :)

Edit: oh you meant for ps3 online purchase ? sorry :D

Edited by copperrobber

Falat

So you're gonna watch it download, then go to sleep when it finishes? Seems a little backwards to me.

+1 sleep while it downloads then crack on with it

zwireqq

How long will it take for me?

2949565547.png

Naean

But, it's not a download. GTA V is going to be installing data from the disc.

However, GTA Online will include downloading a patch or update of some sort, in order to activate/add that feature to GTA V on 01 Ocotober 2013. ;)

Edit: If you were talking about the digital download version of GTA V, my apologies!

Edited by Nez Man

iFight

I guess 3/4 hours.

18mbps = 1.9 mb/s download speed.

dcypher202

I just don't understand why anyone would want to spend 2-4 hours downloading something they can spend 10 minutes driving to a store to buy, especially when it costs the same and you get a physical case, booklet, and disc. It'd be physically, emotionally, and mentally impossible for me to sit there looking at an install screen knowing I couldve been playing it already if I just got my lazy ass up. Am I alone? *tap tap* this thing on?

Cinoy

first of, you are not downloading it, you're installing it :) and it will probably take around 20-30 for one disk, im gonna install both though :)

18 gb is the psn game, which you have to download.

so many illiterate bastards on here

xbangz

lol at first I was like "wha?" I thought we had to download the 18 gb mandatory install.

Ragtop

I just don't understand why anyone would want to spend 2-4 hours downloading something they can spend 10 minutes driving to a store to buy, especially when it costs the same and you get a physical case, booklet, and disc. It'd be physically, emotionally, and mentally impossible for me to sit there looking at an install screen knowing I couldve been playing it already if I just got my lazy ass up. Am I alone? *tap tap* this thing on?

Myself, along with many others have PS3's with bad Bluray drive components, be it a faulty laser, or a finicky daughterboard for the Bluray drive that only works on occasion. All of the games I own are digital download, except for the God of War trilogy, and MAG.. I'd rather spend a couple hours downloading, then having to drive around town to get the game, bring it back, and spend 2 hours power cycling my PS3 til it accepts that there is a Bluray in it. I don't like having to switch discs out either.

Edited by Ragtop

Hardwell

How long will it take for me?

2949565547.png

half hour

Elemental716

With your connection most likely hour and a half tops. My download is around 25 mb/s and it took me 2 hours for Last of Us which was 28gb.

dcypher202

Myself, along with many others have PS3's with bad Bluray drive components, be it a faulty laser, or a finicky daughterboard for the Bluray drive that only works on occasion. All of the games I own are digital download, except for the God of War trilogy, and MAG.. I'd rather spend a couple hours downloading, then having to drive around town to get the game, bring it back, and spend 2 hours power cycling my PS3 til it accepts that there is a Bluray in it. I don't like having to switch discs out either.

I hear ya, but why not just buy a new ps3, or cop the ps3 bundle on the 17th? (just off general principle lol).

Edited by dcypher202

krashdown

max payne was 5 hours for me and i think its 17 gig

Edited by krashdown

r34ld34l

2427025367.png

I will be fine.

PlasmicSnake

I downloaded DC Universe which was about 18gb and it took me between 6-7 hours. I have decent internet not best not the worst but its enough to make me get in my car and spend 30mins to go to the store and buy a disc and come home than to DL any games on PSN that have a large file size.

Hasan51

5-6 hours PSN never use the full download speed , the good thing that I'll download it on september 13 .

Ragtop

I hear ya, but why not just buy a new ps3, or cop the ps3 bundle on the 17th? (just off general principle lol).

Why would I want to pay over $250 for an out dated console, when I can put that towards a PS4 barely 2 months from now? I just don't see the point. I like my digital downloads, my load times are 10x faster than Bluray discs.

dodgerfan4eva

because in those ps3 bundles they dont give you the game case just a cardboard slip which is BS if you ask me

dcypher202

Why would I want to pay over $250 for an out dated console, when I can put that towards a PS4 barely 2 months from now? I just don't see the point. I like my digital downloads, my load times are 10x faster than Bluray discs.

Like I said, I hear ya, but I just wouldn't care. There's no way I'm sitting there looking at a bar filling up for 4 hours *knowing* I could be playing this sh*t. I've been waiting for this game too goddamn long lol