Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,703 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
October16th

Dan Houser And His Brother Sam Are Geniuses.

144 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Housers geniuses?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • How the hell would I know?

October16th

They actually care about making a good game. Dan has been the lead writer for every GTA game, except GTA Advanced; that's dedication.

All of the games they're part of are better than every mainstream game. Only a genius would put all this effort into their work, rather than selling out and focusing solely on profit.

Geniuses amongst game developers, not an actual genius, if that makes sense. Oh, and remember people; Dan went to Oxford.

Edited by October16th

RickyD

No and here is why

K20

Wouldn't call them geniuses .... But very creative

Sneakerhead.

Hell yes :r*:

Vorpax

Well sort of you could say, though you're a bit overreacting! LOL Don't get me wrong i respect them too, but you praise them to the level, when its very easy to get disappointed in case they decide to change! What if (just imagine it i'm not saying thats going to happen) they'll start to charge for crappy things like everyone else? Would you still say the same as you're saying now about them? I doubt it...so keep that in mind, no one is perfect! And you can't get inside anyone's head and tell for sure what to expect! People are unpredictable!

R.R

Wouldn't call them geniuses .... But very creative

Pretty much this.

sinceGTAIII

damn you rickyd. damn you all to hell. :-)

Edited by sinceGTAIII

Capricornus

Just because you put effort into your work, does not automatically make you a genius. Its more to it than that.

Anyway, they are "geniuses" just like the many other game developers whose game I enjoy. These people make incredible games that I thoroughly enjoy and have no problem spending my money on. R*/The Housers are not the only ones.

They will always have my respect and I am a fan and a loyal customer when its all said and done.

droppdeadd

I've been saying since forever that I thought they were geniuses! They are so unlike any other game company.

Pizentu

Somebody trying to get a free copy by brown noseing

Tyg0903

I wouldn't say geniuses in the definition sense but as far as in the video game industry yeah. What bothers me is that when you really research the industry they and Rockstar I feel do not get the props they deserve. To me there is no contest in the argument of who is the best video game developer company out there. The level of detail and quality of product they make to me is no contest. I hope in the future rockstar uses the hundreds of millions of dollars they make to expand the company and move into more genres of games. I would buy every game I play from them. Could you imagine if Rockstar took over madden or any sports game for that sake?

Video game geniuses but not real geniuses.

Vorpax

Just because you put effort into your work, does not automatically make you a genius. Its more to it than that.

Anyway, they are "geniuses" just like the many other game developers whose game I enjoy. These people make incredible games that I thoroughly enjoy and have no problem spending my money on. R*/The Housers are not the only ones.

They will always have my respect and I am a fan and a loyal customer when its all said and done.

I'd rather stay loyal only AS long AS they keep on delivering and not raping me! Lets just say anything's possible today! Developers keep disappointing me, even though i'd call anyone who'd try to tell me that once i'll get betrayed by some of them (like Bioware for example) and ripped! So lets just say As long as R* keeps their class by playing fair and square i'll keep supporting them!...

seVensantos

i voted yes.

not just because of the game itself, but because of the vision the housers saw when they dreamed of the game & the team they put together 2 create it. like it or not, gtaV is gonna change the game.

being one of the most anticipated games, truly in the last 5 years, 4 me anyway, its amazing how it hasnt leaked all over the internet by now. its under lock & key. not just 2 not be spoiled or exploited, but because this team has worked their asses off 2 put together the best game of their lives. they hope so & i plan 2 feel the same. *stomps off soapbox

stumbows

Being a good leader doesn't always mean you're the only talent but surround yourself with it. Honestly the Rockstar company is sooo massive now and there are surely tonnes of very gifted and talented people there. You cannot attribute the complete success and awesomeness to just the Houser brothers.

simstosh

They are awesome and creative guys, but, seriously, I can't say "genious".

At least, for me, Sam Lake is a genious, I mean, Max Payne (1 and 2) and Alan Wake shows how deep the "game writer" can go into a history without turn all the experience into a frustrating / boring thing in some point of the game (many games today have this).

For example, He makes the Alan Wake history really deep, most of the song lyrics of the game have been written by him, and you can get all the "deepness" of the game in the song and all of this makes your head turns upside down, mindblowing, it's bizarre and awesome at the same time. I just can't wait to see what he will do with Quantum Break story.

I think I have been "changed the focus" here, but... nevermind...

Edited by simstosh

DP Man

No and here is why

What are you....twelve? Memes aren't cool, Rickrolling isn't even relevant anymore.

As for the question at hand, they're very creative guys, a lot better than most of the industry.

Jesus Piece

Two of the most important gaming visionaries of the last 20 years, easily.

mrsurferdude

well yeah, they always deliver, even if you dont like a game o two you have to admit that it is new and fresh. I love it. :lol:

Tense

clever, yes, but wouldn't go so far as to say genius.

0casper0

Yes :ph34r:

Travís.

I myself wouldn't call someone a genius, Until I actually met them (excluding einstein and sheldon cooper) ;)

October16th

I myself wouldn't call someone a genius, Until I actually met them (excluding einstein and sheldon cooper) ;)

Sheldon Cooper...

R.R

It seems the standard of genius has slipped in recent times.

These days, if you successfully navigate from your bedroom to bathroom without sh*tting all over the floor, and someone sees it, you could potentially be labelled a genius.

Don't get me wrong - everyone at Rockstar do brilliant work, and I hope they continue to do so - but genius really is a bit strong for me.

Edited by R.R

Vorpax

It seems the standard of genius has slipped in recent times.

These days, if you successfully navigate from your bedroom to bathroom without sh*tting all over the floor, and someone sees it, you could potentially be labelled a genius.

Don't get me wrong - everyone at Rockstar do brilliant work, and I hope they continue to do so - but genius really is a bit strong for me.

Quoted for true! And besides people seem to forget one thing! Even geniuses make mistakes! So i wonder what happens, where all the support will be when R* announces something isn't cool and GTAish in a core GTA game?! The answer is - it will be gone! Seriously! I've seen a lot of examples like that. A lot of people defended Volition until they ruined Saints Row title by turning it into a massive joke by releasing SR TT! All those, who always screamed Volition will never do that to us, they're geniuses and always please their fans suddenly vanished and instead got replaced with whinny unpleased fans, who do nothing, but bash Volition for what they did to their favorite title! The same is for Bioware! I remember people were saying, that such a masterminds like Bioware won't ever screw neither Mass Effect or Dragon Age franchises! And guess what happened? yeah...Also you even don't get me started onto all the outrages of unsatisfied Duke Nukem fans, when Gearbox literally ripped all their fanbase off, by releasing that abominations, that is DNF!...

G D

In the bizarre world of video games, yes. They can be considered "geniuses".

But in the normal sense, they're just your average joe.

gzam1312

genius for certain

gen·ius (jemacr.gifnprime.gifyschwa.gifs)

n. pl. gen·ius·es
a. Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.
Edited by gzam1312

BMW Sterling

How the hell are they geniuses? What they are are creative. If they were never born, some other company wouldve done a similar game. They listen to their fans which is why rockstar is the number 1 game company.

TeCNeEk

Yes. Best brother combo in the business. :r*:

jdwarfer

Geniuses, in some affective way, yes, but otherwise, of course not. They have talent and ideas to make great games, as simply as that.

Edited by jdwarfer

LateNightNeons

Easily two of the most influential people in gaming.