Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,657 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Tilemaxx

Neogaf Ign/r* Bashing

Tilemaxx

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669497

To sum it up, they are bashing IGN for their allegedly "paid" preview on V, and they pretty much demonizing Rockstar too for "paying" publications "just liek teh did for GTA IV". Is it the new trend to hate a virtually amazing game for no obvious reason? Just saying, i didn't see the same reactions on overhyped previews for TLOU/Bioshock Infinite.

But i guess hatin' GTAV is the newest type of "i'm core gamer and i don't give a sh*t about mainstream games".

Edited by Tilemaxx

Majestic123

Everything is a conspiracy on the internet

DarkFalcon95

"Stop praising something I hate for no reason!"

Edited by DarkFalcon95

Pizentu

I think it cheapens the review when the product makers pay the reviewer to give a review. But overall I don't care because I don't go by their opinions when choosing my games. I prefer real honest opinions not clouded by money and free stuff.

Loves GTA

The hate is mainly at just how ridiculous IGN is with how they're describing elements of the game. To say that they're being hyperbolic in their writing is a severe understatement. A lot of what they've said is downright cringe worthy.

AndreyKva

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669497

To sum it up, they are bashing IGN for their allegedly "paid" preview on V, and they pretty much demonizing Rockstar too for "paying" publications "just liek teh did for GTA IV". Is it the new trend to hate a virtually amazing game for no obvious reason? Just saying, i didn't see the same reactions on overhyped previews for TLOU/Bioshock Infinite.

But i guess hatin' GTAV is the newest type of "i'm core gamer and i don't give a sh*t about mainstream games".

WTF, some people don't like the company that made GTA V and that means that everyone hates GTA V? Be more careful about posting flame-war material stuff.

Lugermorph

They are "hating" on IGN, not on GTA V.

JamesGTAV

That's business bitch.

CarRamrod224

GTA 5 is utter trash and anyone who says otherwise must be paid.

iNero

Thank god. I dont like how IGN writes those GTA articles but Neogaf are a bunch of ignorant elitists. They still doubt that GTA5 will run smooth or look nearly as good as in the Gameplay Trailers

GM Inc

the ign guys seem very excited.......just like us

Edited by GM Inc

bobo081093

Rockstar allow exclusive previews as to not saturate the market of GTA info.

CarRamrod224

Thank god. I dont like how IGN writes those GTA articles but Neogaf are a bunch of ignorant elitists. They still doubt that GTA5 will run smooth or look nearly as good as in the Gameplay Trailers

Does any game look as good or smooth as the trailers?

TheJLC

They are "hating" on IGN, not on GTA V.

This.

Tilemaxx

WTF, some people don't like the company that made GTA V and that means that everyone hates GTA V? Be more careful about posting flame-war material stuff.

I didn't say that. But as you can see, a good portion of the comments be like "GTA IV was sh*te and R* payed them all" and "it's gonna be the same with V", to me this is extremely irritating and saddening. I don't believe R has paid any major publication for GTA IV, because then i need to state the same for ND/Sony, Activision, EA, etc. It's just major publications are doin' fan service and catering the fanbases for ALL major franchises/devs.

It's just atrocious of how many elitist pricks screwing around trying just to spoil everything positive around R*/V.

Edited by Tilemaxx

poppacap10

Its called 'hipster gaming'

Loves GTA

the ign guys seem very excited.......just like us

The excessive gushing over the most basic game elements (shooting, for instance) is beyond anything I've seen from any GTA fan here or on any other site. This is what I'm referring to:

I could feel the sensation rip through my hands as they shake. Flashes accompanied the sound of death, steering directly into the hearts of my foes. Each bullet was accompanied by the calming 'ping' of the bullet casing hitting the ground, almost Newtonian in execution. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and when that action is death, corpses quickly litter the streets. 30 bullets, many dead. My hands are still shaking

I mean, really?

Raavi

The latest IGN articles about GTA V feel vaguely poetic. Which is only a positive, as IGN usually is about as bland as it gets. Besides let's be honest here guys - no single self-respecting gaming website is gonna bash GTA, the single most anticipated game of the last 4 years, they'll look like idiots if they were to do that. Neogaf are just a bunch of twats, who don't appreciate a good thing when it's right in front of them.

rozay

People on NeoGAF have said they'll boycott GTA because they have paid real gangsters to record their voice.

Phyxsius-

Paid or not paid, it`s irrelevant anyway, as judgement should be done first-hand and not "He said, she said, they said".

We either buy GTA 5 on good faith that R* isn`t going to screw us over, or we wait until Sept 17th and watch youtube, to decide if this is the game we`ve been waiting for, or it`s time to let it go.

tl;dr: Is it paid? Probably; most likely yes. However, it is entirely irrelevant to me, since I have no stakes in their battle.

Edited by Phyxsius-

justin428

Paid? Wow

GM Inc

The excessive gushing over the most basic game elements (shooting, for instance) is beyond anything I've seen from any GTA fan here or on any other site. This is what I'm referring to:

I could feel the sensation rip through my hands as they shake. Flashes accompanied the sound of death, steering directly into the hearts of my foes. Each bullet was accompanied by the calming 'ping' of the bullet casing hitting the ground, almost Newtonian in execution. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and when that action is death, corpses quickly litter the streets. 30 bullets, many dead. My hands are still shaking

I mean, really?

'journalists' do write like that i see it all the time when they describe stuff

CarRamrod224

Paid or not paid, it`s irrelevant anyway, as judgement should be done first-hand and not "He said, she said, they said".

We either buy GTA 5 on good faith that R* isn`t going to screw us over, or we wait until Sept 17th and watch youtube, to decide if this is the game we`ve been waiting for, or it`s time to let it go.

tl;dr: Is it paid? Probably; most likely yes. However, it is entirely irrelevant to me, since I have no stakes in their battle.

Which basically every major studio does yes? Pays for some good reviews.

Tilemaxx

I mean, really?

Yes, it's extremely corny, and just like i said i loathe pretty much everything about IGN. However, my problem is in GAF's mentality.

Edited by Tilemaxx

brian.

They should be ashamed they still visit that site, let them talk lol.

iNero

Does any game look as good or smooth as the trailers?

Gears, RDR, GTA4, the older GTAs, battlefield and many more...

R* isnt Ubisoft... and everyone who says that the game will not look nearly as good is ignorant. Obviously trailers are edited a bit, but these people act like we are getting another Coloniel Marines drama..

ODDI

I didn't said that. But you can see a good portion of the comments be like "GTA IV was sh*te and R* payed them all" and "it's gonna be the same with V", to me this is extremely irritating and saddening. I don't believe R has paid any major publication for GTA IV, because then i need to state the same for ND/Sony, Activision, EA, etc. It's just major publications are doin' fan service and catering the fanbases for ALL major franchises/devs.

It's just atrocious of how many elitist pricks screwing around trying just to spoil everything positive around R*/V.

Well that's just some folk not all.

DEERxBanshee

IGN sucks it's plain and simple. They just recycled old info except for the single player hands on..tomorrow will be lame as well i have a feeling

Phyxsius-

Which basically every major studio does yes? Pays for some good reviews.

Directly or indirectly. They could give a early review right and/or build, which will result in more hits for the site, which will get more Google hits, which will get them more publicity and/or views, which equals money. Indirect money, from an early preview. And/or a paid "IGN with GTA 5 theme".

Either way, entirely irrelevant, since journalism isn`t what it used to be in general, so gaming journalism can`t be better, but it can be infinitely worse. Still irrelevant, as everybody should make up their own mind, not read the author`s opinion.

DCxMoneyxMurdaz

It's IGN what did you expect?