Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,220 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Dan McChill

Gta V Vs Watch Dogs - The Better Presentation

GTA V vs Watch Dogs - Product Presentation  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What ''Product Presentation'' did you liked?

Dan McChill

We're getting close to the release of GTA V and all of us are excited to play a GOTY contender. However, there's another game out there who's also making a buzz among us: Watch Dogs.

Both of these games had different presentations since its announcements.

GTA V has a very restrict one. A couple trailers, some screenshots, a one year info drought (we all hated that), more screenshots, two gameplay trailers and an official trailer. According to many, we haven't scratched the surface of the game yet!

Watch Dogs has a more liberal one. Some gameplay trailers, screenshots, info released, everything. Ubisoft tried an ''all-out'' presentation, giving what fans wanted. But was that what they needed?

So, what do you think? What presentation do you liked more? Why? (Please, no fanboyism. Be honest!)

Edited by Dan McChill

Fail_At_GTA

Stop comparing GTA 5 to Watch Dogs. They're completely different games aimed at completely different gamers.

Durden

I liked GTAV's presentation more because the lack of info made me super hyped for the game. GTAV has been one of the only things on my mind for the last 2 years - I couldn't get it out of my mind.

I am excited to try out WD, but since we've seen so much gameplay, I am not as hyped for it as V. That, and I prefer GTA much more than anything else.

iNero

I like GTA5s presentation more. They know how to hype people

Edited by iNero

iNero

Stop comparing GTA 5 to Watch Dogs. They're completely different games aimed at completely different gamers.

you should read before complaining... he asked about the presentations/marketing...

Korisselys

why would you ask this in a GTA V forum? :/

jnasty919

They are both sandbox, open world games and fall into the same genre, they will always be compared.

But on topic, i think its hard for any Game company to compete with rockstar and how they build hype for their games, and keep their fanbase on the edge of their seats dying for that little taste of information, Rockstar wins hands down.

John Smith

Gta V for my PS3

Watch_Dogs for my PS4 next year.

But V will be the better game imo.

josephene123

Used to be just as excited for WD as I am for GTA, but the marketing campaign for WD has worn me out and really put in a negative view in my head that the game is going to be very boring indeed since they keep showing the exact same uninspiring things in their 'incredible free roam!' over and over again.

Lil ski

I liked Watch Dog's graphics and ped system...but it looks like GTA V will have both plus More!

Red Hat

GTA V. Watch_Dogs is also a great game..but..i don't think it can defeat GTAV. :monocle:

golf wang

Obviously people here are going to prefer GTA V's presentation. But the thing about Watch Dogs is, they have to show off their game as much as possible. It's a new IP and they need to get people interested in it. With GTA people know more or less what to expect, so they don't have to show as much.

Gigabomber

Watch Dogs popularity clearly peaked just after their reveal. Classic mistake.

walkingsickness

This has nothing to do with comparing both games, he is simply saying which one has a better presentation to the gaming audience.

In watching the 14 min gameplay of Watch Dogs today, I feel that Watch Dogs are presenting a better presentation to gamers but in a way

they have to. GTA doesn't have to do that anymore, in fact even if R* didn't give out all of the trailers, screenshots, or that gameplay video

that we got thus far, it would still sell like crazy. Watch Dogs is a brand new game and they have to prove themselves so if they know whats

good for them they better show a better presentation then GTA

OGF_

I saw the recent watchdogs gameplay, i must admit it competes pretty well, But gta is gta.

ZombCreations

I voted Watch Dogs just to be different.

Dan McChill

why would you ask this in a GTA V forum? :/

It's about GTA V marketing, I wanted to know which of the games created more hype. :)

Edited by Dan McChill

spiritman23

Gta V for my PS3

Watch_Dogs for my PS4 next year.

But V will be the better game imo.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Tonkse

What is this Watch_Dogs you speak of?

Richard378

I feel that R* has created a very good presentation with GTA V. I've never been so hyped for a game before. The way Ubisoft releases their presentations of games is too revealing for me, they do create very good games but I just wish that they did not release 7+ minutes of gameplay for each game. Ubisoft should've went down the road of R* with the presentation of a new game.

Edited by Richard378

nekkidhillbilly

watch dogs does look good however i dont think i will enjoy it as much as gta

CarRamrod224

I want Watch Dogs but they dont have a history like GTA does so I am not as hyped for them as I am GTA. Watch Dogs had to present more as no one knows what they are about as with GTA many people know what its about.

L0UDM0UTH

I see it this way. Two different games for two different crowds. But if you insist...

I've seen all the watch dogs gameplay videos, and it looks like some repetitive sh*t, basically the game revolves around hacking and interfering with peoples phones or something. And check this, even in SINGLE PLAYER players on other consoles can hack you.. I give watch dogs about a month before the hype for it dies significantly. I will admit though, the graphics are A+. But have you seen the DRIVING? Disgusting. I think I might pass on that game unless the multiplayer is fun. Also, where's the challenge? I mean, the dude is basically running the city.

Now GTA V..man GTA V. Holy sh*t. I'm not being a fanboy but never in my life have I been so hyped up for a game in my life. So far, everything I've seen of the game makes me want to trade all my other games in because, as you probably know, I won't be playing sh*t but GTA V!

Graphics Wise : Watch dogs, but their Chicago looks so dull with just flashy wind effects and excellent lighting, but GTA V is damn impressive for a current gen game.

Gameplay Wise : GTA V, no brainer

Story Wise : Idk too much about watch dogs story, but GTA V's looks exciting as f*ck and most likely I'll beat this game multiple times.

I like the concept of watch dogs, but ubisoft is known for their repetitiveness and it definitely shows in watch dogs.

GTA V looks so amazing I got the Collectors EDition on the way!

So, I pick GTA V all day.

GM Inc

haha i wonder what the result would be if this was posted back in the V drought

i voted for gta v nice steady stream

still looking forward to my xbox one with watch dogs arriving

Baineblade

In the end I have to say GTA V. R* have just been able to keep me hooked and wanting more information. Watch Dogs I have preordered for my PS4 along with another game or two, but that's about it. There's a lot of information out there for it and when they gave the initial presentation, I preordered and that was that.

R.R

Putting GTA V in a poll against anything seems kinda pointless on this forum....

Having said that, I voted GTA V as well. Watch Dogs kinda dropped off my immediate radar a while ago.

Chillyo

You can play Watch Dog in GTA V...

AndreyKva

GTA V. So far, they released a lot of information that is getting us excited to play the game, and that is great. Watch Dogs doesn't compare.

CarRamrod224

I see it this way. Two different games for two different crowds. But if you insist...

I've seen all the watch dogs gameplay videos, and it looks like some repetitive sh*t, basically the game revolves around hacking and interfering with peoples phones or something. And check this, even in SINGLE PLAYER players on other consoles can hack you.. I give watch dogs about a month before the hype for it dies significantly. I will admit though, the graphics are A+. But have you seen the DRIVING? Disgusting. I think I might pass on that game unless the multiplayer is fun. Also, where's the challenge? I mean, the dude is basically running the city.

Now GTA V..man GTA V. Holy sh*t. I'm not being a fanboy but never in my life have I been so hyped up for a game in my life. So far, everything I've seen of the game makes me want to trade all my other games in because, as you probably know, I won't be playing sh*t but GTA V!

Graphics Wise : Watch dogs, but their Chicago looks so dull with just flashy wind effects and excellent lighting, but GTA V is damn impressive for a current gen game.

Gameplay Wise : GTA V, no brainer

Story Wise : Idk too much about watch dogs story, but GTA V's looks exciting as f*ck and most likely I'll beat this game multiple times.

I like the concept of watch dogs, but ubisoft is known for their repetitiveness and it definitely shows in watch dogs.

GTA V looks so amazing I got the Collectors EDition on the way!

So, I pick GTA V all day.

Did you hear how those cars sounded? Like crap to me.

matsix

Why does everyone keep saying watch dogs is a completely different game... It's not. Comparing gta v to cod would be comparing it to a completely

different game. In my eyes watch dogs is basically a gta game with hacking.

I'm excited to play both games. But I'll be waiting until I get my ps4 to play watch dogs.