Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,934 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ryan

The New GTAForums

Like or Hate  

524 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new update?

calearne

After you edit your post, I think the ''last edited by blankuser at 12:10pm'' text should be moved to the top next to the original post time.

It would make it look cleaner.

WildBrick142

Can the limit for images in a sig be extended? I wanted to edit it (add a link) and I couldn't. My images are not big and resource heavy.

Edited by WildBrick142

GunWrath

How many images you need in a signature though man? jesus.

Moth

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but every topic is telling that they are unread, even after I post in them. It just started happening a half hour ago.

Vercetti42

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but every topic is telling that they are unread, even after I post in them. It just started happening a half hour ago.

Same.

And why have we got ads all over the places. We've got one on top, on the right hand side and down too. Now we have no idea who's online because of the down banner and it makes the forum look a bit-off. I suggest the admins remove the down advertisements because like I said it looks a bit weird.

Crokey

The unread thing happened to me as well, someone upstairs is probably buggering about with the forum again. As for ads... this place has ads? I've not seen one for years... "Thanks adblock"

Spider-Vice

The online list has been disabled because it was causing load. It's IPB's performance mode, which is probably enabled. I did notice a huge increase in speed anyway.

Gray Wolf

^ The speed has become a problem, could just be my net connection but not this bad

Back on the main subject. I've concluded that the new board change is totally awful, I know I know it's work in progress but even after the whole things done it's still going to be awful... ah this song should explain what I'm saying better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klCXBkn0VGs

It's like all the stuff in SA moving into VC

It's like Sonic the Hedgehog moving into the mario world

It's like Steak turning into Pizza

It's like Drinking water from a Fish bowl

It's like....... I think you get the idea

WildBrick142
It's like Steak turning into Pizza

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

On Topic: Why did the friends list got removed? And when status updates will be back?

Spider-Vice

GTAForums probably has IPB3's performance mode on which disables things like that to save server load and database workload.

NYC PATROL

When is the users reading forum lists coming back? I miss seeing how many people were vewing a thread.

Also a member let me know that spoiler tags don't seem to be working in email notifications of replies.

Edited by NYC PATROL

Gege

The new layout sucks. Sorry, I appreciate the work mods have put into this, but I'm constantly trying to get used to the new design, with no luck. I liked the old one because of its never-changing, well-known style and it was fast as well. Now this... this bullcrap just won't let me browse the forums as I did before. The whole feeling is just not the same, actually it's worse.

Why switch that cool Verdana font to Arial?

Why make all those popups? Wherever I move my cursor, a f*ckin' info panel pops up. Hate these on other sites as well.

Why make the whole forum slower with the new features? (some of which as cool by the way, e.g. notifications)

I just don't feel happy about the new design and I find myself browsing GTAForums less and less. :(

/ragequit

Edited by Gege

WildBrick142

So I saw that an one user changed his name (and he is not a mod) so I went to my CP and found "Change Display Name" with "You cannot change your display name until 18 December 2013 - 07:01 PM". So does that mean that the name actually changes or does it just display as a nickname of some sort?

GTAKid667

You have to have an account for over a year to change your username. To see previous name history, users must enter your profile

TheDjsicdog

Mad

Flachbau

Huh.

I love how I was so angry at the new update. I love it now.. I'm used to it. Just a small problem, but I can work around it I suppose. Tables still don't work, I assume you're still working on that, right?

GunWrath

If I remember correctly, I believe one of the admins stated that the table system from the older version won't be making a return.. though they may try.

Tables work fine now.. they don't have the backgrounds and existing tables will have to be remade, sadly.

Diego Mustard

Still, only half of my window is full of text as opposed to a good 3/4 of it. And yet the posts remain EXACTLY in the middle. If all of that would be changed...

Andreas

Tables still don't work, I assume you're still working on that, right?

Tables do work, what you are talking about I think are tables with borders. And yes, they are working on it.

There is a lot of work involved in getting old tables parsing correctly on the new forums. If we could get it fixed quickly, trust me, we would have.

Anyone who has experience with writing a stateful parser will know how complex they can get - simply converting patterns is easy, but tracking and catering for potentially broken and wrongly nested tags requires a lot of time. We also need to cater for bugs present in many generations of previous forum software (not just the very last version before we upgraded).

We're also working with a huge database with over 10 years of data. It takes hours to do a test run, and we have to test it again every time we fix an issue. There's no shortcut to the finish line when you're working with so much unknown data.

The bottom line is this: We do realise how vital old tables are and we're actively working on getting them restored ASAP.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/600647-tables/?p=1063461760 Edited by Andreas.

Flachbau

@GunWrath and Andreas; Thanks for the information :^:

B Dawg

I prefer the old forums, but I'm okay with the new one.

Besides, what's up with the LIKE button and stuff? This isn't facebook.

Edited by DarkKingBernard

WildBrick142

Stalking is so much easier now. Thank you, Tank :):^:

No sarcasm, I actually like that feature.

7c69.png

E: SPOILER TAG IS f*ckED UP?!?!?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :cry::cry:

Edited by WildBrick142

na89340qv0n34b09q340

The new spoiler tags are fantastic!

Fantastic_fonts_high_res.png

* But maybe keeping the old ones as [spoilertext] or something like that would work. Can't put spoilers in the middle of paragraphs anymore.

Also I hadn't noticed until a few days ago, but I absolutely love the special BBCode too! :^:

Edited by Joe Chip

WildBrick142

To be honest, I like them now :p

Why?

Because...

...Spoiler Trains, that's why! :cool:

Otter

I'm not a huge fan of the new spoiler tool. Much harder to casually incorporate into a post.

Soul Reapers MC

Please bring back the side bar tab (On the left) It was so much easier to get around instead of going back to homepage and having to scroll down.

Otter

Its still there, you probably just have it collapsed.

Moth

Please bring back the side bar tab (On the left) It was so much easier to get around instead of going back to homepage and having to scroll down.

Press the little arrows on the left, and the side bar should appear.

na89340qv0n34b09q340

I'm not a huge fan of the new spoiler tool. Much harder to casually incorporate into a post.

The current spoiler tag would have been wonderful back when huge images stretched the page. It's still good for tall images, and huge blocks of text, or huge paragraphs that discuss the end of a game or something like that, but for actually preventing spoilers in most the discussion I think the old tags work better too. A [spoilertext] tag for the old spoilers, or maybe a [hidden] tag for the new spoilers would be nice.

Dealux

I'm not going to make a topic for this, but would it be possible to revert to the old time format for posts? Instead of saying "Posted 3 days ago", it should say the date and exact time when the post was made. That would be useful.