Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,471 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ryan

The New GTAForums

Like or Hate  

524 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new update?

zsakul2

I'm not a fan of it at all, But that doesn't matter. i'm just glad its back!

Edited by zsakul2

weidncol

I don't know why you guys don't like the new forums. The old one was...2000s like. This new one is simple, modern, and clean and I think it's a HUGE improvement from the old one. Good job Admins!

SilverRST

It's nice, and also handy when posting. Clear images and all. I like it.

EDIT. Oh yeah, multiquote!

Edited by SilverRST

Cysiek

I want to switch back option, or old color scheme

Edited by Cysiek

ZZCOOL

as i said earlier if you were going to change the entire website could you maybe increase the messaging space to about 200-500

it's getting tiresome to delete messages to have space for more

Ekoms

The quotes need to be fixed up some.

----

THIS. & TABLES NEED TO BE FIXED.

TJGM

For twelve years, this forum was a living, breathing forums full of originality and an entirely unique feel to it. Today, 9/5/13, is the day this forum begins to die. Why does this forum have to die like everything else has this year? Why did this forum have to follow the "2013 uncreative and overly sized" look. The people who worked on this had one job. One simple, easy job. And that was to keep everything original and unique without killing the experience while allowing newbies and veterans to get around easily. But no. That isn't the case here. What the new GUI is simply put, garbage. Let me explain this;

The colors on this site are awful. Everything is extremely bland. They've changed the site from something that flashed every GTA at you, to something that shoves V down your throat. V isn't the best game ever, nor will it ever be. GTA as a SERIES should be honored, not some flushed out new game that could possibly be the biggest waste of $60.

Why? Why did you have to kill the experience? It it really worth it to kill what made the forum something special?

This forum has been needing an update, but nothing like this. Sometimes you have to cut off a finger to save the hand, but they cut off the whole arm.

100% agree. I'm pretty sure V will be a good game. But the fact that its the ONLY game used to decorate the background/banner is just plain stupid.

LotusRIP

I feel like its too much a blur of 1 colour. Maybe the background could be darker or black.

Also why does the topic title font need to glow? just a waste of resources really... Makes it sluggish

nixion

Feels a bit sluggish, but i could get used to it. Really not liking the attention widget on the top right of each thread, completely ruins pages like the mapping thread.

ZZCOOL

100% agree. I'm pretty sure V will be a good game. But the fact that its the ONLY game used to decorate the background/banner is just plain stupid.

i too agree this forum is about all other games too not just v theres more to gtaforums than v

Siciliano Don

I really hate this look. I'll probably never return actually even if it sounds crazy. I feel like im on a new site and I don't know any of you.

Saliva

I like it.

-

Really not liking the attention widget on the top right of each thread, completely ruins pages like the mapping thread.

Yeah. They could move the attention widget across, so it is below the topic title and stretch out the forum posts wider.

Edited by Saliva

ZZCOOL

a suggestion would be putting respect over the number

now it just looks like a random number that confuzes and it part of members

2 members what does that mean? thats what i wounderd at first

m8son

Can we get an option to switch back? This looks a little too flashy for me

Bobbyleez

I miss Deffpony's dancing bear :(

NYC PATROL

Definitely going to take some getting used to....

I really did enjoy the simple look of the old version but we'll see.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

The Mapping LS topic is probably a real mess right now because the quotes don't work. I would suggest a way for us to optionally go back to the original format but I don't see how that is possible.

clax302

Why the hell does the background behind posts flicker? Annoying as hell. I feel like I'm going epileptic.

j7n

Sorry, this sucks. Everything is too big, hard to find link. Slow and clunky, especially in mobile devices. Bring back the old layout!

Unfortunately the so called "progress" has taken this site as well. I am not surprised seeing how even MSFN, who generally supports old software, also upgraded.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the new layout would somehow enable mobile browsing, and also allow to hide the side bar. All elements on this new style take up more space than the previous side bar, and there is a new bar to right side of the screen, showing a banner for "Five" and some "Quick Links". This bar serves no purpose after I have already learned about the existance of "Five", and posts below it can't extend all the way to the right side anymore.

Faster, streamlined experience? Only a marketing team would use terms like these. I don't care if I get negative score because of this. But this modern web is unnecessarily confusing. "Follow"? That sounds like something borrowed fromt he tainted social media. I can only assume that means subscription to e-mail. Is "photo" the new avatar? How come it must be greater than 200px if avatar traditionally was limited to a known size that is much less.

All options have been shuffled around, and take long to find. No doubt because they've been streamlined.

Thank you not for destroying a perfectly functional, standard, fast, and still uniquely styled board. I wish you get many facebook kids to "follow" you.

Mr. Rocko

Hopefully we can change display names soon.

scarface910

Are we able to change the color scheme? I like a darker color than what we have now.

wow a notifications thingy, thats a nice change!

Edited by crackhead91090

theonlytobyever

The mobile interface is pretty awful and the full version on a phone is pretty awful.

Spider-Vice

Hey,

Liking the new update,

Question, what's wrong with the BB Code?

My topic all my codes are in a mess - http://gtaforums.com/topic/580413-tdscs-the-de-santa-crime-syndicate/

Thanks, please reply to a solution as soon as possible.

The admins are aware of it.

I'd say it still needs some fixing and definitely does, but it's probably still in the works.

iNero

can I change the theme? I had the San Andreas Theme with the old forum

Malndor

Compliments: Pictures load easy, layout is user friendly exspecially the post/reply post options, the reply at the bottom is convenient. Thanks.

Suggestions: Is it possible to get back GIF Avatars?

haters_gonna_hate.gif

Edited by Malndor

Mista J

This looks awesome! Actually looks professionally done now! So what's the new size for avatars? They seem bigger.

iiConTr0v3rSYx

I just want my gif avatar back!

Zroovy

Unfortunately the so called "progress" has taken this site as well. I am not surprised seeing how even MSFN, who generally supports old software, also upgraded.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the new layout would somehow enable mobile browsing, and also allow to hide the side bar. All elements on this new style take up more space than the previous side bar, and there is a new bar to right side of the screen, showing a banner for "Five" and some "Quick Links". This bar serves no purpose after I have already learned about the existance of "Five", and posts below it can't extend all the way to the right side anymore.

Faster, streamlined experience? Only a marketing team would use terms like these. I don't care if I get negative score because of this. But this modern web is unnecessarily confusing. "Follow"? That sounds like something borrowed fromt he tainted social media. I can only assume that means subscription to e-mail. Is "photo" the new avatar? How come it must be greater than 200px if avatar traditionally was limited to a known size that is much less.

All options have been shuffled around, and take long to find. No doubt because they've been streamlined.

Thank you not for destroying a perfectly functional, standard, fast, and still uniquely styled board. I wish you get many facebook kids to "follow" you.

This.

Mince

I'm not going to crap on the hard work you guys have put into this. But I have one specific question, how can I get rid of the right-hand sidebar? I don't really need basic rules or a GTA V poster shown to me on every page. I feel like I've got a smaller monitor at the moment, because topics have less room to be displayed.