Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,702 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
jul1anr1k

Buy GTA V for PS3 or 360?

KingJames37
I have both XBox 360 and PS3... The Xbox only has 160GB hard drive currently and my PS3 has what? 320gb or was it 500gb cant remember. This is why I bought it for PS3... My PS3 has still like 200GB left and Xbox only has 2GB and can't uninstall anything! The xbox is elite, and is getting old... Sometimes doesn't open the tray.

PS3 is better in my opinion smile.gif

I have the 60GB fat PS3 and the 250GB Xbox, though.

I installed a new 500GB hard drive in my PS3 the other day just for V. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

0casper0
I have both XBox 360 and PS3... The Xbox only has 160GB hard drive currently and my PS3 has what? 320gb or was it 500gb cant remember. This is why I bought it for PS3... My PS3 has still like 200GB left and Xbox only has 2GB and can't uninstall anything! The xbox is elite, and is getting old... Sometimes doesn't open the tray.

PS3 is better in my opinion smile.gif

lol so you you having and old bullsh*t 360 makes ps3 better?? .. suicidal.gif

Yes in this case, though I prefer PS3 more cause of it's free to play online. smile.gif

Gajick

don't get the game and destroy your consoles, life is over for you. its such a hard decision I personally couldn't do it alone you should try joining a group where you can talk about the major problems in your life such as this one suicidal.gif

RX2000

Games that are developed for both consoles almost always look better & have fewer problems on XBox. Just look at Skyrim lol.

PS3 exclusive titles always look better on PS3 than anything you'll ever see on an XBox tho. Like Uncharted.

With that being said, I'm getting GTA V on XBox. PS3 might get some exclusive DLCs or something, but I'm betting its gonna look better on XBox. I always thought GTA IV looked better on XBox when I did side by side comparisons.

I'm sure the difference will be negligible though. Just get it for whichever one you want, or wait til it comes to PC & get it for the truly best platform. smile.gif

Lukijs

omfg nbot this again ..buy console on which your friends will be playing if you have any.

*Moondog*
Just buy it for whatever console you prefer or whatever one most of your friends own. You'll never notice the differences between both versions unless you buy V for both systems, turn both consoles on at the same time using 2 TV's and compare the graphics closely.

even then there probably wouldn't be much difference, plus it all depends on the display, cos my PS3 looks good on my LCD screen but looks even better on my LED monitor.

GR0VEST4L1FE
Both are said to be good! Gameplay on PS3 and IGN hands on 360 version, top marks!!

Yeah, the hands on are from the 360 version and looks the same of PS3 version so, buy for what your friends are on

QUANTRELBISHOP

PC

TheRealBars

Both the SP and Online hands on have been on 360 now.. still i hope both versions are equal.

IDredMan
Both are said to be good! Gameplay on PS3 and IGN hands on 360 version, top marks!!

Was the IGN hands-on on 360 version? How do you know?

There's no confirmation. Only the German preview stated that THEY played it on the 360, no word about IGN.

But it was stated here a few times now, buy it for whatever console you prefer it.

IGN said they were playing on the 360 suicidal.gif

roofgoof

You know, personally I am torn which system to purchase this one myself. I have both consoles and pre-ordered it for the PS3 mostly because of the free online that Sony has offered (FOR NOW!) because I got tired of paying for Xbox Gold subscriptions.

Xbox has always had the larger multiplayer audience and I am sure that trend will continue, but does anyone think there actually will be nobody playing on the PS3? I only recently got it and never played any multiplayer games on it.

GutsAndGlory

how many of these threads will we see before launch?!

LaDispute

You know, personally I am torn which system to purchase this one myself. I have both consoles and pre-ordered it for the PS3 mostly because of the free online that Sony has offered (FOR NOW!) because I got tired of paying for Xbox Gold subscriptions.

Xbox has always had the larger multiplayer audience and I am sure that trend will continue, but does anyone think there actually will be nobody playing on the PS3? I only recently got it and never played any multiplayer games on it.

When you hear people say "its dead" it's not true, it's just them trying to secretly insult the console, psn has millions of players, buy it on which console you like best.

Edited by LaDispute

Malndor

I have both PS3 and 360 and want the version with the best graphics, even if it's just marginally better. Not looking to make another console war here, but which version do we reckon will edge it in graphics? Hm..

"I have both consoles, don't want to start a console war but which one is better hm..."

You's Trollin

Edited by Malndor
No spam.

b1baller
Los Santos Police Department, on 04 Sept 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Buy it on the console your friends play on.

THIS

Ibrahimhassounah

QUOTE (behe @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 14:35) Both are said to be good! Gameplay on PS3 and IGN hands on 360 version, top marks!!

Was the IGN hands-on on 360 version? How do you know?

They said so

Prywante

No, i have PS3.

MikeyBelic

All the reviews have being on the PS3 and everything we've seen has being on the PS3 so it's safe to say that the PS3 will run GTA V better then the Xbox 360.

khaleelrs

depends on where you live. ps3 for me. ps3 community is massive compared to xbox in asia

TheRealBars

All the reviews have being on the PS3 and everything we've seen has being on the PS3 so it's safe to say that the PS3 will run GTA V better then the Xbox 360.

Wrong, hands on and early previews were on Xbox.

Touched up trailers/screens are PS3 devkits.

Edited by TheRealBars

MikeyBelic

Wrong, hands on and early previews were on Xbox.

Touched up trailers/screens are PS3 devkits.

Well if this is true... oh wait.

BUY IT ON PS3 BECAUSE IT'S BETTER ANYWAY, HARHAR I WENT THERE, CONSOLE WAR, THROWS CAKE AT PPLZ.

PretendWereDead

I hear that a lot but I can't find any figures supporting that statement. The last time I checked Sony sold 80,3 million PS3's and Microsoft sold 78,2 million 360's (which took them a year longer) so it's save to assume that the multiplayer adience for both consoles is about equal.

Edited by RiccardoPatrese

GTA Banjo

360 bro, simple as that.