Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,501 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Roevia

Stalking people in GTA V

Roevia

Anyone else excited for stalking AI?

Since they do more than walk around now.

They said you could find a pedestrian at early hours in the morning, follow him to work and watch him there. Then when he's done in the evening he might go shopping or get a coffee, get in his car and drive home. There'll also be rush hours and what-not.

PikachuBoy

gonna pick up a hooker as michael with michaels son and daughter in the car then stalk the same hooker when she finished

AceHigh11

First hours of playing through GTA V, I will be paying extra attention to the AI in general.

That sounds much better than stalking. tounge.gif

JacoBee

They said you could find a pedestrian at early hours in the morning, follow him to work and watch him there. Then when he's done in the evening he might go shopping or get a coffee, get in his car and drive home. There'll also be rush hours and what-not.

Well thats BS,CPU's in consoles CANT calculate life for every npc.

Toshio_maxoS
There's so much to do in GTA V... fk i've no fking god fk fking fker clue fk to do in the fking game... my brain just exploded u know.

whatnow

stalk a hooker, then when a "joe" picks her up rob both of um.

twigs2001

Yeah right, as if you can follow a hooker and watch her go from one person to the next...don't think so. lol.gif

Ekoms

I'll pick off a few lonely ballas and hide around to see what other ballas do when they find one beaten to death or "asleep in his car" from a swift headshot. smile.gif

Steven Ride

I'll be pissed if we can't put people in our trunks

Korisselys

ima be stalking trevor

Mista J

But, but. They're octa-corz! Everyone knows dat moar corz means moar performance!

Boozexlightyearxx

Gonna stalk Amanda as Michael and his daughter (if we can)!

Scottyhg1

just imagine you follow someone for ages than you find out there a hooker or the kill someone than you follow them more and after a time they get caught like in a crime drama or is that to much to ask

Waldie

I'll try it, as I've tried it many times in IV but I'm sceptical because I'm sure they said the same thing about the peds in San Andreas.

The-Ejj

When/where was this said?

jl94x4

Rockstar Games have said that pedestrians will be much more interactive in GTA 5. Full conversations with any pedestrian, and the player will be able to make friends with pedestrians as well. The rest of the information is left undisclosed to the public for the time being.

Sounds good!

FreeExplorer

Actually they didn't say you can see an entire routine of a random pedestrian if you follow him through the day.

They said you will see (for example) gardeners taking the bus and going to work by morning, and you could find them taking care of gardens on luxurious places by the afternoon.

But it doesn't necessarily mean they got and individual routine. It may mean that we are gonna see gardeners taking bus by the morning and that's it. And that we are gonna see them working by the afternoon and that's it.

There's still the chance that if you follow one gardener by the morning when he's taking the bus, you find only that he is randomly circulating around the town with no especific location to go.

With the information we have so far we just can't tell. I hope things be just like you are thinking, though I hardly think so. It would be really awesome.

Mista J

It's probably like RDR where there's two Herbert Moon's, one is playing poker, and the other is in the shop so it looks like they have routines.

Negan

No, it means different ammounts and types of people will be spawning at different locations through the day. for example - morning - people waiting at a bus stations, traffic jams etc. afternon - people working somewhere, good traffic.

Its not possible to script life for every ped.

Steven Ride
It's probably like RDR where there's two Herbert Moon's, one is playing poker, and the other is in the shop so it looks like they have routines.

That was exclusive to Herbert and a few others and was probably a glitch. All the other NPCs have actual routines biggrin.gif

Acky.

Planning to follow someone from the moment they leave their house, to the moment they arrive at work, or out in a deserted area, using a silenced firearm to shoot them, whilst wearing the best suit you can.

I am ze Hitman.

FreeExplorer

That was exclusive to Herbert and a few others and was probably a glitch. All the other NPCs have actual routines biggrin.gif

Even those we find running with horses around the map?

I really don't know.

chitoryu12

That's because they're NOT doing that. There are shortcuts that mean that you don't need to try and calculate everyone in the city simultaneous. Pedestrians are randomly spawned in appropriate areas, as they've always been in games like this. The difference is that now when you find them, they'll spawn with a random routine and have their AI set at the appropriate part of the routine for the time of day. So if you choose to follow one particular guy, you'll see what he does during the day. Everyone that you choose not to follow is simply deleted from the memory when you're not looking.

Typical Gamer has a video detailing this. I believe the GTA 5 O'Clock interview with Imraan from about a week ago had this come up.

truthful

john, not joe.

dewan2000

I agree, the game isnt a SIM. They said the same thing for GTA 4. If you are expecting really anything more prepare for disappointment. Ill say it will be a slight improvement over GTA 4, but dont expect anything revolutionary.

Coronado G

I will f*ck Amanda's ass as Trevor or Franklin...

topdownshooter

I really don't think each pedestrian is going to have their own routine. Source?

whatnow

john, not joe.

Haha, you're right. I'm an idiot.

MrSteakson

This makes the game seem creepy, not that it wasn't already. I'm talking about the mindless violence, of course, but we've gotten used to that over the years.

spike88

That's because they're NOT doing that. There are shortcuts that mean that you don't need to try and calculate everyone in the city simultaneous. Pedestrians are randomly spawned in appropriate areas, as they've always been in games like this. The difference is that now when you find them, they'll spawn with a random routine and have their AI set at the appropriate part of the routine for the time of day. So if you choose to follow one particular guy, you'll see what he does during the day. Everyone that you choose not to follow is simply deleted from the memory when you're not looking.

Typical Gamer has a video detailing this. I believe the GTA 5 O'Clock interview with Imraan from about a week ago had this come up.

This.

Every pedestrian could have a routine they do, however when you stop following them try get flushed out of memory. Which means you could end up following another ped and have him go to the same exact places.