2. Support

3. Suggestions

Shine o' Vice

BEGINit

On 11/9/2020 at 11:07 AM, Mister A said:

Huh it's been so quiet. I wonder why. 

Not quiet in the Discord Server! Be sure to join :D 

• Like 1

Oh really? Ok then I guest it's time I finally install the discord app 😃 BTW can u give me the discord link? I wanted to join

Edited by Mister A

On 11/12/2020 at 11:31 PM, deltaCJ said:

Not quiet in the Discord Server! Be sure to join :D 

Anything worth sharing with us plebs then?

Also did they finally fix that bug where models would become more distorted the longer you play the game

4 minutes ago, deltaCJ said:

Sorry but I don't wanna join another discord unless Speccy's done jacking himself off with how rich he is with daddy's money. Is it really that hard just to post pictures from there to here? Not all of us have a discord (or want to join one just to see pics)

• 2 weeks later...

Just played through this mod for the first time, amazing work. I probably never saw a TC mod with missions this complex and creative. The interiors, vehicles and new mapping all looks spotless too, great eye for quality in the making of this. Two bugs I noticed (maybe they are already known) is that the game crashes when you enter the bulldozer from the passenger side and the traffic in front of Umberto Robina's cafe is bugged (the cars make a weird U-turn at the corner). 

On 4/21/2019 at 11:14 AM, Ivan1997GTA said:

The only way I would fix the mission is for the objective letting you dump the vans anywhere in the sea, not necessarily delivering them and dumping them next to Erico's boat.

That's sounds even worse, should have increased the time by 20 or 15 sec

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yoo guys keep going we are always with you

Edited by hamzao02

• 4 weeks later...

So I decided to give this mod a try. I was generally curious about the changes made to Vice City. Here is my take on it.

-I like the completed buildings that were under construction in the original game. Fantastic work on that.

-The mall being totally gutted may be a stretch too far. Tommy did blow up 1 store, but other than that, he only broke windows on a few of the other stores. Plus the mall was still open after completing the story. I feel like it would make more sense if the mall was still open but there was a lot of construction inside it, especially at the store that was destroyed.

-The area you added between Downtown and Little Haiti is a great addition and fits the vibe of Vice City. However it is a massive change for the mod being set 1 year after Vice City. The buildings would need to be demolished, and new ones built in their place. I'd say make this a construction area. The way it appears now would be perfect if the mod was set farther in the future.

-The island added next to the Golf Corse looks nice, however I don't think it is lore friendly. It isn't believable to have a whole island with completed houses constructed in 1 year. For a new island to be built, this would be a massive project that would probably take a long time.

-The subtle changes like additional interiors, the car park in Little Haiti is great. It definitely shows the city evolving. I also like the construction site by Sunshine Autos. Great way to make use of that space since the Trailer Park that was there in 1984 has been removed and it was an empty field in 1986.

I do have a proposal. I'm debating making a map mod for the GTA Underground map on GTA SA. It'd modify LC and VC to be set in the year 1992. LC would be an altered LCS map with snow, and VC would have most of the changes from this mod with some of my own to show what VC would be like in 1992. It'd be a great map to use with storyline mode so you'd see what LC and VC would have looked like during the events of GTA SA. If I do make this map, would it be cool if I used assets from this mod?

Edited by nkjellman

• 1 month later...
universetwisters

Anything new with this or is it beginit but not finish*ted?

Raymundous

Awesome mod! Will the vehicles be available for download separately, or hopefully, as an addon for either VC or III?

I have a weird feeling that this question has already been asked.

Anyways, keep up the great work, this is truly an amazing project.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
mister marks

Dude I'm starting to get disappointed with this project at least give us a new beta

Aristotel2003
On 7/2/2021 at 4:24 PM, mister marks said:

Dude I'm starting to get disappointed with this project at least give us a new beta

Patience ffs. 

Not everyone will work 24/24h to finish this, talking about an Mod here not an Triple A title here with an deadline. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thank god the greedy sheepf*ckers at Take Two and/or Rockstar don't care about this promising mod. 

Edited by Curtis

On 7/18/2021 at 5:32 PM, Curtis said:

Thank god the greedy sheepf*ckers at Take Two and/or Rockstar don't care about this promising mod. 

Dude, do not tempt fate.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

Sorry, I'm just pissed. What's the world coming to? 

• Like 3

universetwisters
On 7/18/2021 at 10:32 AM, Curtis said:

Bet it's because it's not porting like other TC mods, not unless you count how that one mission interior was a strip club in VCS iirc?

Aristotel2003
On 7/18/2021 at 5:49 PM, Curtis said:

Sorry, I'm just pissed. What's the world coming to? 

I hear you, man. 
That's really an good question, there's only so few limited to nothing however. 
Unfortunately, It seems to come down to an End for many dedicated modders.... all these years of work about to be gone thanks to an big parent company. Yeah.. what's the world coming to?

Edited by Aristotel2003

• 1 month later...
PotatoMan147
On 8/28/2013 at 12:07 PM, BEGINit said:

0lULzQC.png

WKNCePD.png

It's 1987. Vice City. A whole year has passed since Tommy Vercetti removed Diaz and Sonny Foreli thus becoming a new drug lord. But this story is not about him. Flint Casie - a new mobster from Liberty City - comes to this city in pursue of a mystery. His brother was killed here in Vice yet his rest in peace was ruined by an unknown party who completely destroyed his funeral. By coming here Flint expects find out who's behind it. Unfortunately, he will soon enough realise that things here are not done so easy.

qC7pqMR.png

Coming soon...

B3IBzFn.png

hPcZMhx.png

Coming soon...

CZzEtgc.png

Leaders:

BEGINit

Speccy

Story/writers:

BEGINit

Speccy

Braindawg

Coding:

BEGINit

Speccy

Silent

Vrockwave

Map & Character Design:

Braindawg

Speccy

Sal_Leone

Kalvin

Podbyrin

Frank.S

Mega

Turbocharger

Blue

Vehicle modelling:

Speccy

Leonazix

Stierlitz

Daitojo97

-Anti-

Blue

Tchuck

FacFerc

Deadman2

Togemax

TheMadeMan

Spartan_112

Soundtrack & SFX

Keith Ward

BEGINit

Blue

Braindawg

Speccy

Miscellaneous:

BEGINit

Frank.S

Speccy

Kalvin

Help & Contributions

ClaudX Cpt.

Rookie

DeltaCJ

Ivan1997GTA

DK22Pac

WillzyyyGTA

Ermaccer

Surya926

rpyytVE.png

PLAYABLE DEMO DOWNLOAD!!!

WARNING!

This is a Playable Demo of a WIP mod. This is not a final release!

This Demo contains:

22 story missions, 4 side missions, 1 collectable, car purchase, bike purchase, clothes purchase, other script tweaks (approximately 25-30% of script)

Various map changes like new areas, roads, interiors, etc. (approx 50-60% of map changes)

New cars, peds, pickups (approx. 99% of changes)

New loading screens, menu, intro, radar, hud, etc.

INSTALLATION:

Get a fresh copy of GTA Vice City

Install Shine o' Vice to the game directory

Overwrite everything if asks.

Play the game!

Feedback and bug reports much appreciated!

FAQs

Q: Is it compatible with a Steam version of GTA Vice City?
A: No, it is not. The game is most likely to crash during the loading screen or may not launch at all. To fix that you need to find Non-
steam gta-vc.exe v1.0

Q: Is this mod compatible with other mods? 
A: It is highly recommended that you do not use any other mods with Shine o' Vice. Some other modifications may cause game breaking bugs
so please, make sure that the bug is not related to other modifications (remove those first) before reporting it.

Q: When I play the game I have no audio. When I go to audio options, it says "No Audio Hardvare Found". How come?
A: This installation does not contain audio files. Make sure that your game has audio files inside the audio folder. If you do have all
the proper audio files, it may be your gta.exe problem.

Q: When I start the game, I can hear the intro sounds and music, but the video is not displayed? How come?
A: Right-clik on gta-vc.exe->Compatibility-> Check Disable Desktop Composition

Q: When I play the game my mouse seem to not work. How come?
A: Right-clik on gta-vc.exe->Compatibility->Check Disable Visual Themes (or alternatively run the game in Win95 or XP compatibility
mode). 

Q: When I try to launch the game I get an error message that says "The program failed to initialise properly". What the hell?
A: Try installing the latest DirectX version to your computer. If it doesn't help, try updating the C++Redistributable on your computer.

Q: Everything works fine, but when I try loading savegames or restart the game, it crashes. How come?
A: Try Right-clik on gta-vc.exe->Compatibility-> Check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. It's a long shot, but might work.

Q: Everything works fine, bet the longer my playing session the more unstable it looks. To be more precise, car geometry goes nuts!
What's that?
A: A bug that we are aware of and trying to fix. For now just reload the game (preferably turning it off and on again) and everything
should be just fine.

Q: I tend to run into some random bugs: a texture error here, a random crash there etc.? How come?
A: GTA Shine o' Vice is still in WIP state. We are working on finishing the mod and fixing all the bugs so there would be none in final
release. Untill then, bug reports are appreciated.

I really like the mod i rate it 100/100

I liked the story the enhancement and the interface

The storyline is very unlike other mods

Keep creating nice products like this

💪👍🔥🔥

On 4/25/2021 at 12:04 PM, nkjellman said:

I'm debating making a map mod for the GTA Underground map on GTA SA. It'd modify LC and VC to be set in the year 1992. LC would be an altered LCS map with snow, and VC would have most of the changes from this mod with some of my own to show what VC would be like in 1992.

Waiting for it.
I also think LCPD / Liberty taxis should use the Premier model from SA, as their later Vapid cars, although mostly Caprice, are also partially based on the later '98+ Ford (grill).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for the voice acting audition and recorded like 20 lines, am i rejected or accepted?

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1