3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

BEGINit

Shine o' Vice

mehmettako

Do you have any plan port this game to ps vita and this possible thanks for all hard work

Ivan1997GTA
18 minutes ago, mehmettako said:

Do you have any plan port this game to ps vita and this possible thanks for all hard work

Nope, that was an April Fools joke.

xXPinguXx
1 minute ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

Nope, that was an April Fools joke.

lol, knew it straight from the beginning. There was no way they went through all of that to port it to PS Vita.

BEGINit
Posted (edited)

First of all, let me thank all of you for your highly positive feedback of SoV.  The team's work didn't go to waste.

Let's address the bugs now.
Some of the bugs tbh were completelly our fault, because we either missed them while testing or just forgot to fix without fixing.
However some of the bugs were a complete surprise and appeard just before shipping or even after it and we were not able to reproduce
those on our build.

Whatever the case, we rushed to fixed the most prominent ones. Unfortunatelly, since those either include making significant changes to
the script file or a huge img archive, there is no point in making a patch. Instead the entire installation is updated and now is
available following the download link:

This means reinstalling the mod again and STARTING A NEW GAME!

DOWNLOAD

This installation contains: 

SCRIPT FIXES:
 - gate control pannel should be easy to hit during "Delivery Service" mission
 - people should not be doubled in Speccy's bar and Croc's bar during mission "Bullet Dance"
 - the player should be sitting in a correct position during "Big Trouble in Little Havana" mission intro
 - car markers should be properly disabled after completing "Big Trouble in Little Havana" mission
 - at least some people should be scared inside Downtown strip club during "Sex, Drugs & Rck'n'Roll" mission
 - "Sex, Drugs & Rck'n'Roll" should be playable now as the haitian should leave the alley properly
 - the game should not freeze if you destroy Waltons during "More like Ammu-Nothing" mission
 - Phil should be normal Phil during "Firearms No More" mission
 - The FBI agent should not run/walk away during "Starfish Chainsaw Massacre" mission intro
 - The F icon should disappear after completing "Starfish Chainsaw Massacre" mission
MAP FIXES:
 - the building near Croc's bar should have propper collision
 - The ground in Docks area should have proper collision
 - the staircase inside underground parking lot of a new building should have proper collision
 - the jetty gate in Film Studios should be at the proper place
 - the Northpoint Mall and Pole position should be closed
 - the vegetation should not be visible inside marina parking lot
 - the Enforcer should be parked at the right angle
OTHER:
 - the player should not hop inside the non convertable cars
 - updated loading screen

Many questions were asked regarding the mod, so here is a little QaA:

Q: Is it compatible with a Steam version of GTA Vice City?
A: No, it is not. The game is most likely to crash during the loading screen or may not launch at all. To fix that you need to find Non-
steam gta-vc.exe v1.0

Q: Is this mod compatible with other mods? 
A: It is highly recommended that you do not use any other mods with Shine o' Vice. Some other modifications may cause game breaking bugs
so please, make sure that the bug is not related to other modifications (remove those first) before reporting it.

Q: When I play the game I have no audio. When I go to audio options, it says "No Audio Hardvare Found". How come?
A: This installation does not contain audio files. Make sure that your game has audio files inside the audio folder. If you do have all
the proper audio files, it may be your gta.exe problem.

Q: When I start the game, I can hear the intro sounds and music, but the video is not displayed? How come?
A: Right-clik on gta-vc.exe->Compatibility-> Check Disable Desktop Composition

Q: When I play the game my mouse seem to not work. How come?
A: Right-clik on gta-vc.exe->Compatibility->Check Disable Visual Themes (or alternatively run the game in Win95 or XP compatibility
mode). 

Q: When I try to launch the game I get an error message that says "The program failed to initialise properly". What the hell?
A: Try installing the latest DirectX version to your computer. If it doesn't help, try updating the C++Redistributable on your computer.

Q: Everything works fine, but when I try loading savegames or restart the game, it crashes. How come?
A: Try Right-clik on gta-vc.exe->Compatibility-> Check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. It's a long shot, but might work.

Q: Everything works fine, bet the longer my playing session the more unstable it looks. To be more precise, car geometry goes nuts!
What's that?
A: A bug that we are aware of and trying to fix. For now just reload the game (preferably turning it off and on again) and everything
should be just fine.

Q: I tend to run into some random bugs: a texture error here, a random crash there etc.? How come?
A: GTA Shine o' Vice is still in WIP state. We are working on finishing the mod and fixing all the bugs so there would be none in final
release. Untill then, bug reports are appreciated.

Edited by BEGINit

Queens42

Oh, just in case. I saved the game when Flint was in a car. This leads to unhandled exception, so if somebody makes the same mistake as me...

Snikey

Thank you developers for the update mens.

GraphiX
Posted (edited)

I've completed the demo shortly before although some annoying missions it's great total convertion.

But I'm complaining about something. 

First; we can't purchase anywhere we just have three safehouses and there aren't any garages also we don't have any profitable place or job or asset or something like that.

On the final version, this will be remain like this ? I hope don't.

Because It feels so bland. Like LCS. 

For example Shady Acres will be a safehouse ? I hope will be. 

Also I don't understand which one is side mission in the demo. I didn't discover any side mission or collectibles ? Someone will be help me ?

And which time we will be enter Malibu Club, Pole Position, North Point Mall, Vercetti Estate, Ocean View, Washington Beach PD and something like that. They will completely removed from the game or they will add on Final version.

And we can't have Paramedic, Vigilante, Pizzaboy and Firefighter missions. We cant increase our Health and Armor but we need this for hard missions. I've needed more drain many times when I playing missions.

And The Interiors actually not interiors they are part of exteriors. 

And there are have some weather problems. Maybe you will fix that. Just aesthetically issue not a main problem for me. 

Thank you for everything ı am waiting the final version ASAP.

Edited by GraphiX

Not Available
32 minutes ago, GraphiX said:

I've completed the demo shortly before although some annoying missions it's great total convertion.

But I'm complaining about something. 

First; we can't purchase anywhere we just have three safehouses and there aren't any garages also we don't have any profitable place or job or asset or something like that.

On the final version, this will be remain like this ? I hope don't.

Because It feels so bland. Like LCS. 

For example Shady Acres will be a safehouse ? I hope will be. 

Also I don't understand which one is side mission in the demo. I didn't discover any side mission or collectibles ? Someone will be help me ?

And which time we will be enter Malibu Club, Pole Position, North Point Mall, Vercetti Estate, Ocean View, Washington Beach PD and something like that. They will completely removed from the game or they will add on Final version.

And we can't have Paramedic, Vigilante, Pizzaboy and Firefighter missions. We cant increase our Health and Armor but we need this for hard missions. I've needed more drain many times when I playing missions.

And The Interiors actually not interiors they are part of exteriors. 

And there are have some weather problems. Maybe you will fix that. Just aesthetically issue not a main problem for me. 

Thank you for everything ı am waiting the final version ASAP.

A lot of stuff isn't available because this is a demo. Obviously, they did not just show everything they have to offer in this demo.

GraphiX

I hope so. 

camranbant
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Speccy said:

Besides the initial cutscene, where the agent reportedly, and only in some cases, turns into a ped, the mission mechanics themselves function exactly the way they were intended to. Teleportation is an allusion to the 1980 film - Friday the 13th. The mission is designed be uncomfortable for the player, therefore the claustrophobic setting, limited weapons, and inability to run. When the maniac gets close, right before he swings his chainsaw at you, you had to use the shift “dodging” ability to gain distance. This will cause him to be stunned momentarily.

Specially for the mongs among you, here’s a tip so you no longer need to teleport out:

Right after stopping at the sphere and watching the brief cutscene, before you go through the entrance (the open door), enter a weapon cheat to receive grenades. You’ll see that you’re still able to cycle through your weapons, so you can throw a grenade at the door, which will cause it to be removed. Then proceed as usual, and you’ll now be able to exit the house, walking backwards (slightly faster) as soon as the murder cutscene finishes.

i'm not sure what the problem was then. i spent a good 40 minutes on it and nothing seemed to work. lshift would make flint stumble about and take damage, trying to shoot and backpedal would cause the slasher to teleport out of view and slash me, or charge at me and not be fazed by any shotgun shells to the face. the controls also kept locking up for me

im not sure if it was mentioned or not, but if you park a car close to the van and try to get in, flint will hop into the car and not be able to get back out

Edited by camranbant

MrBigodez
5 hours ago, BEGINit said:

First of all, let me thank all of you for your highly positive feedback of SoV.  The team's work didn't go to waste.

Let's address the bugs now.
Some of the bugs tbh were completelly our fault, because we either missed them while testing or just forgot to fix without fixing.
However some of the bugs were a complete surprise and appeard just before shipping or even after it and we were not able to reproduce
those on our build.

Whatever the case, we rushed to fixed the most prominent ones. Unfortunatelly, since those either include making significant changes to
the script file or a huge img archive, there is no point in making a patch. Instead the entire installation is updated and now is
available following the download link:

This means reinstalling the mod again and STARTING A NEW GAME!

DOWNLOAD

This installation contains: 

SCRIPT FIXES:
 - gate control pannel should be easy to hit during "Delivery Service" mission
 - people should not be doubled in Speccy's bar and Croc's bar during mission "Bullet Dance"
 - the player should be sitting in a correct position during "Big Trouble in Little Havana" mission intro
 - car markers should be properly disabled after completing "Big Trouble in Little Havana" mission
 - at least some people should be scared inside Downtown strip club during "Sex, Drugs & Rck'n'Roll" mission
 - "Sex, Drugs & Rck'n'Roll" should be playable now as the haitian should leave the alley properly
 - the game should not freeze if you destroy Waltons during "More like Ammu-Nothing" mission
 - Phil should be normal Phil during "Firearms No More" mission
 - The FBI agent should not run/walk away during "Starfish Chainsaw Massacre" mission intro
 - The F icon should disappear after completing "Starfish Chainsaw Massacre" mission
MAP FIXES:
 - the building near Croc's bar should have propper collision
 - The ground in Docks area should have proper collision
 - the staircase inside underground parking lot of a new building should have proper collision
 - the jetty gate in Film Studios should be at the proper place
 - the Northpoint Mall and Pole position should be closed
 - the vegetation should not be visible inside marina parking lot
 - the Enforcer should be parked at the right angle
OTHER:
 - the player should not hop inside the non convertable cars
 - updated loading screen

Many questions were asked regarding the mod, so here is a little QaA:

Q: Is it compatible with a Steam version of GTA Vice City?
A: No, it is not. The game is most likely to crash during the loading screen or may not launch at all. To fix that you need to find Non-
steam gta-vc.exe v1.0

Q: Is this mod compatible with other mods? 
A: It is highly recommended that you do not use any other mods with Shine o' Vice. Some other modifications may cause game breaking bugs
so please, make sure that the bug is not related to other modifications (remove those first) before reporting it.

Q: When I play the game I have no audio. When I go to audio options, it says "No Audio Hardvare Found". How come?
A: This installation does not contain audio files. Make sure that your game has audio files inside the audio folder. If you do have all
the proper audio files, it may be your gta.exe problem.

Q: When I start the game, I can hear the intro sounds and music, but the video is not displayed? How come?
A: Right-clik on gta-vc.exe->Compatibility-> Check Disable Desktop Composition

Q: When I play the game my mouse seem to not work. How come?
A: Right-clik on gta-vc.exe->Compatibility->Check Disable Visual Themes (or alternatively run the game in Win95 or XP compatibility
mode). 

Q: When I try to launch the game I get an error message that says "The program failed to initialise properly". What the hell?
A: Try installing the latest DirectX version to your computer. If it doesn't help, try updating the C++Redistributable on your computer.

Q: Everything works fine, but when I try loading savegames or restart the game, it crashes. How come?
A: Try Right-clik on gta-vc.exe->Compatibility-> Check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. It's a long shot, but might work.

Q: Everything works fine, bet the longer my playing session the more unstable it looks. To be more precise, car geometry goes nuts!
What's that?
A: A bug that we are aware of and trying to fix. For now just reload the game (preferably turning it off and on again) and everything
should be just fine.

Q: I tend to run into some random bugs: a texture error here, a random crash there etc.? How come?
A: GTA Shine o' Vice is still in WIP state. We are working on finishing the mod and fixing all the bugs so there would be none in final
release. Untill then, bug reports are appreciated.

The new installer gives me an error with the d3d8.dll and the dinput8.dll anyone else?
Note: im using a fresh steam version

Ash_735

Just wanted to congratulate the team on this release, been playing now for an hour or so and just enjoying the designs and changes to the map, always nice to see an interpretation that's different, especially loving the work done on nbeachW, the new buildings there just feel so right. Liking the vehicle designs too, they feel somewhat in between Vice City and Driver, lot of 70s feeling vehicles around and enjoying the story thus far. My only main complaint so far is the lack of support for controllers, GInput works fine except for the new script things, such as the clothing stores, Sunshine Autos, etc, I have to go back to the keyboard to control those menus.

Cpt. Rookie
Posted (edited)

As Shine'O'Vice finally came out, I'd like to express my views on it's good and bad aspects.

Spoiler

Overall impression - 11/10, better than I expected. It feels like playing Vice City first time again. The comments below Willzyyy's videos speak for themselves. I can feel the passion in every aspect of the game, and I can feel original Vice City vibes in all new content.

The missions - 11/10. Lots of diversity and gameplay variations, it's always something new. Frosted Winter was great, despite the amount of low gameplay variety in most missions. But now it's even better. Also, good use of existing scripts and animations in completely new gameplay situations and scenes.

The direction - 10/10. I just love the dynamics, camera angles and character animations in the cutscenes, it's a big step forward from Frosted Winter. Something always happens in the cutscene, it brings cool cinematic feeling to the game. But the silence kinda kills the immersion. Chinatown Wars has various short music loops, which differs from one employer to another, maybe similar decision will help?

Map changes, buildings, interiors, cars, peds - 11/10, very close to the original game. Can't see any flaws, some interiors are simplistic and a bit empty, but it doesn't really bother me. Though psychologically the player always knows there is no hidden pickups or any other usable stuff in the new buildings or interiors, so it doesn't encourage the exploration.

The story - dumb/10. Flint kills the entire city just to investigate his brother's funeral accident. He even asks everyone if he can do some favors for them in exchange for the investigation help, but they aren't even investigate anything. And Flint is like "ok, I'll do you a favor anyway" (and the favor often involves brutally killing somebody). It makes sence if you imagine him as a cold blooded criminal, who doesn't even care much about his brother and just wants to earn big money and weight in this city. Now he seems pretty dumb and spineless character, who is always like "Fine, whatever. I'll do it for you". Though the story in GTA made mostly to justificate doing fun things in the missions, so it doesn't matter much.

The dialogs are pretty generic. Umberto is - cojones, manliness, go kill the Haitians, same again, other characters are blank. It was a refreshing turn seeing drunken Phil goes recon in the bar and then defends his camp with the mounted machine gun, but the whole situation was just asking for the Vietnam/Defending the camp against Vietcong joke. The thing is it's hard to make an interesting conversation without forced comedy and with limited animations, so I understand the difficulty.

The bugs - most of the bugs I encountered were funny and harmless. The only critical bugs is a couple of crashes between the islands, escaping the fallen bulldozer crash, the interior vision fading and the Little Haiti sudden slowmotion. It makes the player nervous about saving when he's casually exploring the city and making progress.

But I want to express myself clearly - this "bad" things doesn't upset me at all. I haven't had such fun since the original GTA walkthroughs. This is the most polished GTA mod in the graphical and gameplay aspects, and potentially the best GTA mod ever made. Congratulations with the launch!

Edited by Cpt. Rookie

GraphiX
Posted (edited)

The whole Atmosphere is soo charming and looks at this angle GTA:VC looks like so older than Shine'O Vice. Sometimes I can't believe it's "VC Engine"

The game Looks like between VC and VCS but feels like Scarface: TWIY, Driver, 80's Crime Movies rather than a GTA Game.

My favourite areas are Shady Acres and New Downtown. They are so fresh for the game and looks cool. Also the car models are awesome and fresh...

I prefer these cars than the Rockstar ones. Just I didn't like Dominator. It's look like mehh.. I think doesn't fit the mod maybe could be better alternative but anyway that's just my thought....

BTW Cpt. Rookie is right.. The main character is needs a background and dialogues needs a little improvement

Edited by GraphiX

JohnsonHu
Posted (edited)

ummm.....I am not sure if this is a one time bug or a bug that keeps happening but i

share it anyways

https://imgur.com/fFd7fGb

https://imgur.com/2m51XuU

it happened again!

https://imgur.com/q03OhON

https://imgur.com/QRcnA1f

the bug dissapeared once i reloaded my savegame eventhough i was playing a newgame and not from a previous savegame

Edited by JohnsonHu

Mr. Myriad
Posted (edited)

I can't save my game in the beginning, saving screen freezes and when I press enter my game crashes. Is there any solution to fix this bug?

Edited by Mr. Myriad

BEGINit

Please read the FAQs/QaA before posting. Most of the answers are there.

Mr. Myriad
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, BEGINit said:

Please read the FAQs/QaA before posting. Most of the answers are there.

I have read FAQ before I wrote. I have Windows 10 and there is no function Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Instead of that function I have Disable full screen optimization. But when I disable it the bug remains. Also there is no information in faq about my problem, I can't do savegame, not restart the game or load game. 

Edited by Mr. Myriad

187Mercury

I love this mod so much that I made a freakin' GTAForums account to reply on it. It gave me the feel that I had when I played Vice City 15 years ago, that amazement when I was roaming the map. I like the changes that happened to Vice City after 1 year. I think this will be a big hit when it'll be ready. Congratz guys, I love it.

-If you need help with new radios/soundtrack, cars, voice lines, cars' sound you can contact me.

xxnooblyxx(temp ban)
22 hours ago, deltaCJ said:

This mod is absolutely amazing, at the moment I'm working on some new running animations for Flint :)

Are you gonna release the ped.ifp on here when you finish it?

BEGINit
Posted (edited)

For those who are having .dll erors, just get yourself d3d8.dll and put it in your root directory.

Those who say that it doesn't work on Steam version, find yourself a non-steam gta-vc.exe v1.0.

Those who are havimg saving/loading issues, try getting the latest DirectX and C++Redistributable for your PC.

Those who are having issues and using 60fps, try turning frame limiter on and play in 30fps.

Edited by BEGINit

Cosmin540

You people should keep in mind that this guy is the same guy who made GTA Frosted Winter.

PANZER24

And those with windows XP? Lol jk.

Great mod tbh

KingKovfefe

Sooo the mod is pretty awsome,but one thing that pisses me off is that i can't get rid of the censorship in the 1.0 version of vice city without the use of silent's patch,using silent patch with the mod gives some glitches,so i was wondering if it is possible to add a plugin to get rid of the censorship by using the code in silent's patch ? Thanks

WillzyyyGTA

So I've completed the demo and damn that was some good (and challenging) mission design right there! 👏
The final mission of this demo was very impressive...wasn't expecting some of those gameplay mechanics! 😮 Starfish Chainsaw Massacre was done brilliantly (if we could get a background track playing for that one, that would be wicked) and I also assumed the enemy teleporting was intended and loved the overall writing for that mission as well as the Man Hunt one.

Thanks to the team for making this mod, it's truly a great addition to Vice City's story. Can't wait for the rest! Been a pleasure returning to Vice City for a new experience. 

RM76
Posted (edited)

I love the feel of the mod and you can really see how much passion went into it, but I do got a few gripes:
-loud ass static in the intro video
-That f*cking bulldozer mission - f*ck IT. f*ck IT SO HARD. Legit made me uninstall the game after at least 10 attempts. (I've beaten it since this post, lol)
Other than that, my others are all about the vehicles
-the "Benefactor" doesn't make sense for the setting, circa 1987 the G-wagen wasn't a luxury vehicle, it was still a strictly military vehicle not sold in the US, an Isuzu Trooper like pic rel would be a much better Landstalker replacement:
isuzu_trooper_ii_3.jpg
-that monstrosity that replaced the Moonbeam, the "Galaxy" I think it's called - looks like something you'd see at a minitruck/lowrider show in the early-mid 90's, not something from 1987. Kitbashing the Burrito into one of these:
dodge-van-1986-10.jpg
Would be a pretty good Moonbeam replacement imo.
-That Ferrari Monitor did back in the Myriad days is too modern for the game setting, it still looks like a mid 90's F355. My suggestion would be to rip the Hunter 313 T from Driv3r and VC-ify it.
-That barebones Bimmer coupe that replaced the BlistaC looks....odd. My suggestion would be to kitbash the beta BlistaC into one of these:
autowp.ru_honda_civic_hatchback_us-spec_

Edited by RM76

ClaudeTheMan

Unreal!

Vicemiami88
47 minutes ago, ClaudeTheMan said:

Unreal!

Amazing!! I think you should give more of that miami 80s look but all in all incredible mod:) 

Just now, Vicemiami88 said:

IvoryX

The overall quality is of course bad, but for a basic presentation of my idea:

The demo is very good I love it but the cutscenes were pretty dull. I understand the limitations when a cutscene is designed in scm so would it be possible to make some sort of a slideshow of textures where each texture would be a picture of what is going on? Just like in GTA Advance/Driver '76. I think when done good, it would take the vibe of the mod closer to an actual GTA, or at least increase an additional value to the overall experience.