3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

BEGINit

Shine o' Vice

Blue

There are two types of people: those who say they'll do it, and then there are those who just do it.

No disrespect Blue. :D

I take offense on this and as such you shall pay your sentence and finish Rock City for me.

I kid

Blue is too busy with his guitars to care about good old Shine o' Vice. Might need to go hard on him, even harder than I do on Kalvin.

Those look great, Speccy. Gives them a special style that is somewhere between VC and VCS' models. Can't wait to get my helicopter stuck between two of those and blow up.

Ya boy here's enjoying IRL to the fullest though aka getting laid xd.

Edited by Blue

turbocharger

Sorry amigo I'm retired, happily sulking by my swimming pool and drinking, all rich and miserable.

Keith Ward

(On an unrelated note) My eyes! What did they do to this site?

Edited by Keith Ward

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2 minutes ago, Keith Ward said:

(On an unrelated note) My eyes! What did they do to this site?

they made it better and more progressive, of course! and if you speak up prepare to be banned by gtaf death squads

Keith Ward

It's wonderful.

turbocharger

where the f*ck did my medal go

Mega

And I thought it couldn't get any worse. What an eyesore.

Kalvin

i think it looks great

Edited by Kalvin

Mega

You might think it looks great but I just got the most disgusting beep sound in the world letting me know you posted something that makes you look like you're trying to get credit points with the higher ups, KALVIN.

But hey, weren't you banned on that roulette? Good to have you back. Please don't release VCB.

Ivan1997GTA

Okay, can everyone please shut the hell up about the layout and complain about it somewhere else? We get it, not everyone is pleased with the new layout of the site, and it's gonna take some time to get used to for people who were accustomed to the old site layout, myself included.

Let's get back on topic, how's the progress with Act I of Shine o' Vice?

Speccy

Might be a bit redundant since more than a few of you have already seen my update on vegetation in Discord, but for those who haven't - here are the new trees that decorate the streets of VC in SoV:

imRSDXd.jpg

I've improved the texture slightly on veg_palmbig14, but still wanted to include this earlier screen :)

oemDbcX.jpg

Edited by Speccy

turbocharger

I'm too lazy to visit Discord actually, so I appreciate you posting it here.

I like the new layout in fact, it's a refreshment. Not sure if it's a change for better or worse, time will tell that, but I like it. The font on the top of the page looks sleek, also I like the new cover feature for the profile. I'm such a fuccboi now.

JoeyLeone21

I hope this mod isn't dead. Frosted Winter was a hell of a mod!

Ivan1997GTA
33 minutes ago, JoeyLeone21 said:

I hope this mod isn't dead. Frosted Winter was a hell of a mod!

Shino o' Vice is far from dead. It's been in development since 2009. The first Act (first Beta) is almost done, and there will certainly be more to come.

-Anti-

That are some nice looking palm trees.

I hope no one minds me asking modding advice here - but since it's for SoV and there are lots of competent people here I think this thread ist the best option.

So I want to find unused areas of my textures and used (Zmod2) "Mapping/Edit UV/Keep old mapping" to see the UV mapping.

Unfortunally for some mapping the object are not on the texture but somewhere next to it.

4fGOTjw.jpg

Is there a way to A) move these to their rightful place on the texture or B) have the texture displayed multiple times all over the view so that I can see exatly where the object lies on the texture?

Thx for helpful answers. Other ideas on how to find out which parts of my textures are used/unused are welcome too of course.

Edited by -Anti-

Inadequate
On 5/31/2018 at 1:02 PM, Speccy said:

I've improved the texture slightly on veg_palmbig14, but still wanted to include this earlier screen :)

oemDbcX.jpg

Ohh, I love how everything looks.

JoeyLeone21
On 6/1/2018 at 2:47 PM, Ivan1997GTA said:

Shino o' Vice is far from dead. It's been in development since 2009. The first Act (first Beta) is almost done, and there will certainly be more to come.

That's great news for me! Can't wait to play it!

Speccy
On 6/2/2018 at 1:59 AM, -Anti- said:

I hope no one minds me asking modding advice here - but since it's for SoV and there are lots of competent people here I think this thread ist the best option.

So I want to find unused areas of my textures and used (Zmod2) "Mapping/Edit UV/Keep old mapping" to see the UV mapping.

Unfortunally for some mapping the object are not on the texture but somewhere next to it.

-pic-

Is there a way to A) move these to their rightful place on the texture or B) have the texture displayed multiple times all over the view so that I can see exatly where the object lies on the texture?

Thx for helpful answers. Other ideas on how to find out which parts of my textures are used/unused are welcome too of course.

Hey! Unfortunately, from my knowledge, there is no straightforward solution to this. I haven't discovered a way to tile the texture beyond its default (singular) appearance in UV mapper. A method you might want to take under consideration is:

1) You select all the polygons at once in the UV mapper (you can use object mode)
2) then lock either the X or Y axis depending on the offset of the polygons from the texture (in your screenshot, they are below so I'd lock the Y axis)
3) move the selection towards the texture and eventually onto it until in 3D view, the mapping looks identical to how it was prior (in your case, moving the polygons up onto the texture along the Y axis)

In most cases, it is possible to align everything almost perfectly pretty quickly because you'll see how the polygons fit the texture once they are positioned onto it. Good luck and sorry for the late response!

deltaCJ
On 6/1/2018 at 7:59 PM, -Anti- said:

4fGOTjw.jpg

Well, now for Zmodeler I don't really know, but it is a setting in 3dsMax to tile the texture in UVW Unwrap.

To be honest the only way to do it, is to guess and try to manually place it back on to the spots, by selecting all the uv's and just dragging it up.

Now if there is an axis-lock button (I know in 3dsMax it's shift and move it in what ever axis you want to make it only go in X,Y, or Z axis.) use it to have more of a smooth and more precise movement.

Yeah, I know it Sucks, but you could also just export the uv's and place the uv's on top of the texture you're using.

Hopefully I helped!

DSilva

Seems cool

Speccy

Progress on the SCM is happening at slower rate at the moment due to the fact that I am working on a mission from scratch. For a while, I have refrained from coding new missions, focusing instead on making improvements in BEGINit's original code. When I decide to make a new mission, I try to implement unconventional mission objectives different from anything typical to GTA III/VC. This requires more time and effort. Good news is - the new stealth mission format I have developed can be re-used for many future missions, including some that BEGINit himself has planned and hasn't quite finished yet.

Here's a small preview of a new mission I'm working on called "Manhunt"

Edited by Speccy

QaisAla
2 hours ago, Speccy said:

Progress on the SCM is happening at slower rate at the moment due to the fact that I am working on a mission from scratch. For a while, I have refrained from coding new missions, focusing instead on making improvements in BEGINit's original code. When I decide to make a new mission, I try to implement unconventional mission objectives different from anything typical to GTA III/VC. This requires more time and effort. Good news is - the new stealth mission format I have developed can be re-used for many future missions, including some that BEGINit himself has planned and hasn't quite finished yet.

Here's a small preview of a new mission I'm working on called "Manhunt"

It's been a long time i haven't check this mod for a news or something, but after i watched that video i feel like we getting closer to release this mod!

Great work Speccy!

Edited by QaisAla

turbocharger

Poor guy, he didn't even get the chance to wipe.

Elissay

Classic axis will be compatible with the mod ? 

Speccy

Thanks for the feedback! Thought I’d share an extended teaser of the mission, now that it’s close to completion :)

Doesn’t seem too difficult, right? I knew the enemy patrol routes, yet I still managed to fail and almost crapped my pants several times.

turbocharger

I'm amazed at how well this stealth system works. Makes me wonder why original VC didn't take advantage of it, it is so much fun. Hopefully there are more stealth missions like this one.

I was afraid that missions wouldn't live up to the quality of the rest of the stuff in the mod, but that's definitely not the case. This looks like something straight out of R*. If other missions are half as well made as this one, we're in for a treat. Exciting!

The Eddo

Amazing! Just plain awesome work! It will be even more amazing if you use some nice background music, such as this:

With this track, the mission will feel a lot more suspenseful (at least there won't be any awkward silence).

Better yet, check out the Hitman: Contracts OST, but it's not perfect for So'V.

EDIT:

I'm starting to kinda like the word "Manhunt" now.

Edited by The Eddo

Ivan1997GTA
3 hours ago, turbocharger said:

I'm amazed at how well this stealth system works. Makes me wonder why original VC didn't take advantage of it, it is so much fun. Hopefully there are more stealth missions like this one.

I was afraid that missions wouldn't live up to the quality of the rest of the stuff in the mod, but that's definitely not the case. This looks like something straight out of R*. If other missions are half as well made as this one, we're in for a treat. Exciting!

Agreed. I can probably tell that much like Frosted Winter, the missions in this mod will be more difficult than in the standard game. And much like Frosted Winter, there's probably going to be some additional mission objectives that are optional, but if achieved, give out greater rewards than doing the mission normally.

Blackbird88
12 hours ago, Speccy said:

Thanks for the feedback! Thought I’d share an extended teaser of the mission, now that it’s close to completion :)

Doesn’t seem too difficult, right? I knew the enemy patrol routes, yet I still managed to fail and almost crapped my pants several times.

Please use proper textures for the gym equipment.

The Eddo
On 6/10/2018 at 9:54 PM, Blackbird88 said:

Please use proper textures for the gym equipment.

They look just fiiiiiiiiine to me.

EDIT:

@SpeccyYou should give the AI characters proper two-handed weapon walkstyles using the 0245 opcode as the one-handed enemy walking in that video looks kinda "inconsistent", set the walkstyle ID to 33 and you're good.

Edited by The Eddo