3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BEGINit

Shine o' Vice

-Anti-
On 6/8/2018 at 1:36 AM, Speccy said:

Hey! Unfortunately, from my knowledge, there is no straightforward solution to this. I haven't discovered a way to tile the texture beyond its default (singular) appearance in UV mapper. A method you might want to take under consideration is:

1) You select all the polygons at once in the UV mapper (you can use object mode)
2) then lock either the X or Y axis depending on the offset of the polygons from the texture (in your screenshot, they are below so I'd lock the Y axis)
3) move the selection towards the texture and eventually onto it until in 3D view, the mapping looks identical to how it was prior (in your case, moving the polygons up onto the texture along the Y axis)

In most cases, it is possible to align everything almost perfectly pretty quickly because you'll see how the polygons fit the texture once they are positioned onto it. Good luck and sorry for the late response!

On 6/8/2018 at 5:49 PM, deltaCJ said:

Well, now for Zmodeler I don't really know, but it is a setting in 3dsMax to tile the texture in UVW Unwrap.

To be honest the only way to do it, is to guess and try to manually place it back on to the spots, by selecting all the uv's and just dragging it up.

Now if there is an axis-lock button (I know in 3dsMax it's shift and move it in what ever axis you want to make it only go in X,Y, or Z axis.) use it to have more of a smooth and more precise movement.

Yeah, I know it Sucks, but you could also just export the uv's and place the uv's on top of the texture you're using.

Hopefully I helped!

Thanks to both of you. I already thought about moving them manually but it seems like an annoying hastle. Thx again anyway. :)

@ Sthealth Kill Mission Video: Very nice, but the wall seen in the video at 0:53 seems to be infinitely thin...

Just out of curiosity. Does the condition for being spotted change when you run/sprint instead of walk?

deltaCJ

@Anti was literally gonna say the same thing, but other than that and the guy still sitting when he sees you and says "No I don't wanna die!" the mission is over all good! 

Btw I was gonna ask Speccy a very similar question.

Could you possibly make it where if you are in close proximity of the actor and you're running, they would hear you? Would that not be the most realistic? And if you don't feel like coding it you, could always make it where if the player is sprinting for too long, he would make too much noise, (kinda like SA robber missions)

Just suggestions! The mission is absolutely great!

Ivan1997GTA
7 hours ago, deltaCJ said:

@Anti was literally gonna say the same thing, but other than that and the guy still sitting when he sees you and says "No I don't wanna die!" the mission is over all good! 

Btw I was gonna ask Speccy a very similar question.

Could you possibly make it where if you are in close proximity of the actor and you're running, they would hear you? Would that not be the most realistic? And if you don't feel like coding it you, could always make it where if the player is sprinting for too long, he would make too much noise, (kinda like SA robber missions)

Just suggestions! The mission is absolutely great!

Yeah. A "Noise" meter would also suffice for that "Manhunt" mission.

The Eddo
1 hour ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

Yeah. A "Noise" meter would also suffice for that "Manhunt" mission.

Agreed, but the default system is much better and I appreciate it.

Xwno

Sorry but when it will be finished ? Any news ?

The Eddo
10 hours ago, Xwno said:

Sorry but when it will be finished ? Any news ?

The first Beta is hopefully nearing completion, so let's wait and see.

I know you can't wait to play this mod but- the fruit brought by patience is sweet, isn't it?

But still, it'll be released When It's Done.

JohnsonHu
Posted (edited)

Thought i'd share a stupid idea:

Ithink it would be pretty dope if we add new cheat codes to the game or cheats that fits the mod 😞

Also most of the cars have classic colors like i havent seen a car in this mod that has a special vinyl or a unique paintjob on it so 

Are you gonna make or add vinyls into the mod

Or cars that have proof abillties 

Like being bulletproof or tireproof etc..

Edited by JohnsonHu

Speccy
On 6/25/2018 at 5:50 AM, JohnsonHu said:

Thought i'd share a stupid idea:

Ithink it would be pretty dope if we add new cheat codes to the game or cheats that fits the mod 😞

Also most of the cars have classic colors like i havent seen a car in this mod that has a special vinyl or a unique paintjob on it so 

Are you gonna make or add vinyls into the mod

I like your suggestion! That is definitely something missing at the moment. I would like to give this some consideration together with the team.

Regarding the stealth mission - I can quite easily add a noise meter or some kind of “sprinting trigger” but that would make it quite a bit more challenging (it is already quite tricky get by the guards). Perhaps if we establish that this mission is too easy from the beta, I will add this additional feature.

Members of the team, myself included have been a bit busy in the last 3 weeks. Work continues but I’m not expecting to pump out 2-3 missions a week until mid July, when I’m not so busy. Roughly 7 more story missions are needed at the moment.

JohnsonHu
Posted (edited)

Da

12 hours ago, Speccy said:

I like your suggestion! That is definitely something missing at the moment. I would like to give this some consideration together with the team.

Regarding the stealth mission - I can quite easily add a noise meter or some kind of “sprinting trigger” but that would make it quite a bit more challenging (it is already quite tricky get by the guards). Perhaps if we establish that this mission is too easy from the beta, I will add this additional feature.

Members of the team, myself included have been a bit busy in the last 3 weeks. Work continues but I’m not expecting to pump out 2-3 missions a week until mid July, when I’m not so busy. Roughly 7 more story missions are needed at the moment.

Damn! That's alot of work to do .

And I hope that the mod well be a top 3 mod😀 

and when was talking about vinyls i was gonna mention there isn't alot of convertibles but car designing and modeling is already annoying plus that there are many new cars in this mod already

Also,also i feel that idea suggesters are doing nothing more but talking and complaining about ideas they share without knowing how to mod 

If you get what i'm trying to say 

Edited by JohnsonHu
i got alot of sh*t to talk about but the thread and this page will be long about a pointless speach

Sprunkadelic
Posted (edited)

Quick  question in regards to the camera. If we play this mod in classic camera mode will the camera start twitching in interior walls and clip them as well?

That was my only problem with Frosted winter and i hope that doesn't carry on to Vice.

Edited by Sprunkadelic

JohnsonHu

So what is the rewards for completing %100 cuz i haven't seen anybody pointed that out yet 

in the mod 

podbyrin

С'mon show us whole map. I saw the new areas!

Ivan1997GTA
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JohnsonHu said:

So what is the rewards for completing %100 cuz i haven't seen anybody pointed that out yet 

in the mod 

Nothing has been confirmed so far, and besides, the mod isn't out yet.

Mission idea: Flint finds a group that consists of the Pastor Richards Salvation Statue fund donators who are protesting against Pastor Richards. The leader of the group taped the "Morality" segment of the VCPR show "Pressing Issues", which revealed that Pastor Richards plans to use money from the fund not for building a statue in his own image that could potentially fly into space in case of a nuclear war, but for building a palace in Hawaii. The leader of the group is outraged at this, and he and his friends want to plan revenge on Pastor Richards and get a refund from him, with Flint joining them. 

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

JohnsonHu
Posted (edited)

@Ivan1997GTACool mission idea

cuz actually this mission was supposed to be in the vanilla game so R* removed pastor richards and his missions the only way he can be heard or encountred is on the vcpr radio station and even if there is nothing confirmed it would be pretty pointless 

To just add new collectibles and items and not get anything but it's up 

For the modders to decide

Edited by JohnsonHu

The Rockstar Gamer 108

So this means the missions are being stared from beginning and you are somewhat halfway there.

Speccy
On 6/27/2018 at 8:49 PM, Sprunkadelic said:

Quick  question in regards to the camera. If we play this mod in classic camera mode will the camera start twitching in interior walls and clip them as well?

That was my only problem with Frosted winter and i hope that doesn't carry on to Vice.

From my experience with Frosted Winter, the vast majority of interiors were scaled in a way that ceilings and doorways were too low. This caused camera clipping and twitching. 

In SoV most interiors are scaled appropriately so it is much less likely to occur. Some interiors need overall improvement and the most problematic ones established from the beta will undergo revision. I think ultimately, the camera shouldn’t cause problems.

2 hours ago, The Rockstar Gamer 108 said:

So this means the missions are being stared from beginning and you are somewhat halfway there.

Not exactly. 2/3 of beta story missions were coded by BEGINit. Besides cutscene and dialogue edits, these missions remain largely unchanged. 1/3 are new, experimental missions that I coded from scratch to add to gameplay diversity and compensate for scrapped missions, which appeared too simple/typical.

16 hours ago, JohnsonHu said:

@Ivan1997GTACool mission idea

cuz actually this mission was supposed to be in the vanilla game so R* removed pastor richards and his missions the only way he can be heard or encountred is on the vcpr radio station and even if there is nothing confirmed it would be pretty pointless 

To just add new collectibles and items and not get anything but it's up 

For the modders to decide

I like Ivan’s idea too but will have to see how it’d fit in with what we have so far. BEGINit pretty much has had us covered for side missions, collectibles, and other unique activities from the day I have received his script. 

Update: I am currently wrapping up the “Manhunt” mission. The cutscene took a lot of work because it set out some important aspects necessary to build to the story.

JohnsonHu
Posted (edited)

I was stunned when I saw the first 

Preview of this mission and it looks 👌phenomenal already.

As for the interiors they also look excellent👌 and would fit in many places in the city

Some places in the city still untoched like the light house area 

And could be turned into a marina

Or a swamp (but that's my suggestion) for it .

Also the mission for PastorRichards doesn't necessary need to be a part of

The storyline you know his missions would be unlocked if you just buy one of his assets or buy different radio stations 

That he owns.

Edited by JohnsonHu
If the mission is ready to be made im just commenting on it

AZS9

I think a jetski can be a nice addition to this mod.. :)

Speccy
On 7/3/2018 at 5:19 AM, JohnsonHu said:

I was stunned when I saw the first 

Preview of this mission and it looks 👌phenomenal already.

As for the interiors they also look excellent👌 and would fit in many places in the city

Some places in the city still untoched like the light house area 

And could be turned into a marina

Or a swamp (but that's my suggestion) for it .

Also the mission for PastorRichards doesn't necessary need to be a part of

The storyline you know his missions would be unlocked if you just buy one of his assets or buy different radio stations 

That he owns.

Cheers! Yeah, the lighthouse area could be developed. That would be nice indeed. I actually did something in that area for an old map mod but have long lost the files.

On 7/8/2018 at 8:08 PM, AZS9 said:

I think a jetski can be a nice addition to this mod.. :)

Jetski is kind of a defining vehicle in VCS and I'd prefer SoV to have one of its own.

IMG_0847.jpg

@-Anti- please consider it :)

Update: We have received some mission code from @Vrock_wave. It's a timely donation :)

gts.

I thought this was in hold or even dead. Nice to see progress around here.

Speccy
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, gts. said:

I thought this was in hold or even dead. Nice to see progress around here.

I work on it every other day and as often as I have time for leisure. Ever since Discord has been a thing, the topic gets updates less frequently.

I need some advice from someone that has coding experience - how do I force an actor to continue trying to kill the player after mission failure? When $ONMISSION = 0 chars typically just wander off.

How should I go about the mission cleanup list if I want them to continue trying to kill the player?

Hope someone has an idea and if not, I'll ask in the modding section.

edit:

I found the solution. Used opcode 01C5.

Edited by Speccy
update

Blue

How about some juicy Rock City updates for a change?
https://imgur.com/a/jARYnPC

The storage was flipped entirely to make it easier for the player to have some room to pass through the alley (and the exterior was heavily updated too).

Mega

K0cWgZ8.png

One like - one prayer for Speccy's sanity 🙏

Blue

kzF7VGD.png

Beat me to it, hoe.

JohnsonHu
Posted (edited)

Please don't turn this topic into sh*te posts and insults.

(This topic was made to create a mod not to post some random sh*te posts from discord).

- Are we gonna see new weapons via MVL ?  because in the game files  models and  textures for a nailgun,tazer,Colt46,grenade launcher,steyr aug ,MP5K,mine and an

Ingram mac 10 with a slincer.

*So I thought why rockstar just leave them in the files without using them 

They could be a potential for mission 

Or weapon locations or can be bought 

from new weapon shops in the city.

- Also what about hotel harrison and the surroundings area or we can access 

Cutscene interiors like PrintWorks,Rockstation,the ship in the docks(where we kill a bunch patrol invest group people),Cortez's yacht,Gonzallez hotel and many 

more.

- Adding traffic and pedestrains in the area leading to the leaf links bridge 

- The sewers in little haiti could be used for a homless people to live there

- Buskers and homless people that Flint would interact with and giving them money(spawned randomly on the street).

And that was my list of ideas I want to share and improve inthe near future.

Edited by JohnsonHu
That was a long ass list there is alot to share and create

Speccy

8Vm4OpO.jpg

cMuvzV7.jpg

3vdjHNB.jpg

JohnsonHu

😮 Amazing!! Does it have an interior or we can rob it ?

wilmanwdk

I've been an anonymous read-only lurker on this forum for years. I first saw this thread like 4 years ago, and it's really great so see (awesome) progress still being made!

Ivan1997GTA
20 hours ago, Speccy said:

8Vm4OpO.jpg

cMuvzV7.jpg

3vdjHNB.jpg

Awesome. I bet Zero's rival, Berkley, owned this place before he moved to San Fierro.

Blue
Posted (edited)

I'd give up on that thought, pal. It's actually something else...
The house looks fantastic though, Speccy!

(tmw no feedback on Rock City though :c)

Edited by Blue