Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,815 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BEGINit

Shine o' Vice

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

vice_city_Palm_tree_MUTED_COLORS_DESIGN_

How about this? I darkened the plate (like the 1986 New York plate on the GPX, Phoenix, Rancher, Regina, and Moonbeam in beta GTA: VC screenshots, which isn't bright white, but gray) and added a really, really subtle metal texture.

1986 New York plate on the Moonbeam (beta VC screenshot):

MoonbeamBetaGTAVC.jpg

Edited by Derrick_Keno

gts.

How about this? I muted the colors of the plate (like the 1986 New York plate on the GPX, Rancher, Regina, and Moonbeam in beta GTA: VC screenshots) and added a really, really subtle metal texture.

That license plate looks very good indeed.

universetwisters

Using real Florida license plates is a great idea, but I wanted to make things more original. Also, the "LC R29" license plate on the cars in GTA III says "LIBERTY CITY" on top of it, so why not do the same for VC?

LC_R29.png

Didn't Vice City plates always start with VC? Iirc only the trucks and sh*t reused III's plates.

>SA used city names on their plates

Vice City clearly used a Florida plate (or one based on one of the era). I don't think it makes sense to go "It was one way in X, but because it was different in Y we're gonna use that in X-influenced Z".

Shagg_E
Posted (edited)

I think it looks awesome, but suits better for VC remake, not for sequel.

BUT! Rockstar changed plates once, why we can't change it too?

Edited by Shagg_E

Silent
Posted (edited)

xpost with SilentPatch topic since you guys wanted to have bikes with extras a while ago:

Fixed extras on bikes in VC. Stock bikes had no extras but they are allowed in bike hierarchy - yet extras did not follow body lean when cornering, so they looked rather strange:

Stock - notice left exhaust stays upright, as if Tommy didn't lean the bike at all:

lU8icn9l.jpg

Fixed - notice left exhaust behaves properly:

s1q6Zqil.jpg

Edited by Silent

Keith Ward

Was gonna ask on the Discord, but thought I'd inject some life in this thread:

Is the drug dealing mechanic still in the game?

Speccy
Posted (edited)

Was gonna ask on the Discord, but thought I'd inject some life in this thread:

Is the drug dealing mechanic still in the game?

Drug dealing is in the game and I have not altered BEGINit's code for this feature. I have recently reached out to BEGINit regarding a potential Beta release. It would be called "Shine o'Vice Act 1" and would contain 30 story missions (the goal for the final release is 90 missions). In the case of a Beta, drug dealing would not be included. Other "mid - to - late - game" features such as the shares system would be introduced in later beta releases, as well.

Let's see what BEGINit says.

Edited by Speccy

🖕

How about this? I darkened the plate (like the 1986 New York plate on the GPX, Phoenix, Rancher, Regina, and Moonbeam in beta GTA: VC screenshots, which isn't bright white, but gray) and added a really, really subtle metal texture.

MoonbeamBetaGTAVC.jpg

At least go with the plates with different numbers, not just have that on all plates

gts.

At least go with the plates with different numbers, not just have that on all plates

Already suggested.

Speccy

An update for those who aren't following the Discord Channel:

BEGINit approved my suggestion to separate the complete mod into two to three 'beta' releases (presented as Acts 1, 2 and possibly 3) which will consist of around 30 missions. Act 1 will establish Flint's arrival to VC, introduce some storyline characters and key associates, and will focus on the inital journey to uncover the truth regarding the circumstances around his brothers' death - forming connections with influential people in VC to retrieve information. The story will then pick up again from this point in Act 2, where pieces of the puzzle will actually begin coming together. The coding part for Act 1 is in good progression at the moment, but I cannot estimate when work on Act 2 would start. Obviously, that would be sometime following the release of Act 1.

Cheers to Braindawg for coming up with the idea of dividing the story into 3 main acts!

Mega

Speccy has been dedicating a lot of time for this to happen, and I guarantee you all it'll be worth it. I like this idea of different act releases. That way, you guys can give us feedback and suggestions on what we can improve in later versions. We're closer than ever to the first public SOV release!

Speccy is actually hiding the fact that Act 4 will be called Shine o' Rig and will take place entirely on the anticipated Oil Rig. It'll be around 50 missions just set around the rig, those vary from stealth missions, cooking for the workers, fishing, working for security and replacing equipment. We're also glad to announce we are planning a Battle Royale mode that also takes place entirely on the Oil Rig. It's definitely what the kids consider ''cool'' these days, so we'll roll with it.

Shakez

So Speccy..all the features, interiors, new areas, cars etc will be in ACT 1?

Ivan1997GTA

Certainly, but not every feature will be available at the start. Act 1 will be the first beta release, and later acts/releases will add more features and missions.

Elissay

Certainly, but not every feature will be available at the start. Act 1 will be the first beta release, and later acts/releases will add more features and missions.But interiors and the new areas will be ?

turbocharger

The man just said they will.

Speccy

small progress update:

I've finalized some 13 missions out of the 30 that we aim to feature in SoV Act 1. The next 5 missions are initially very well coded by BEGINit and will require minimal changes on my behalf. The remaining 12 after that gave me mixed impressions so I'll have to put more focus onto improving some of those. I'm trying to complete the script part quick because compiling all the beta content will also take a lot of time and effort.

denis1379

The vanilla VC plates really are incredibly low res - even for VC standards. I think there is a Florida silhouette on them...

A quick mock-up with the SoV plates:

sovplate.jpgsovplate2.jpg

Yeah maybe we started in the same day,your truck is amazing!!!

:colgate:

I just checked my first z3d file out of curiosity. I started on the 1st day of Christmas ;)

What about 3D engine? Its fit them better

denis1379

I think it looks awesome, but suits better for VC remake, not for sequel.

BUT! Rockstar changed plates once, why we can't change it too?

I think could be in blue style instead or little pink

-Anti-

Probably would look better (I was thinking about a Detroit Diesel 6-71 based on the VC XBox engine) but it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the cars since everything is kept more or less in the original VC stlye. So unless BeginIt or Speccy decide something different it stays that way.

@Speccy: I know you are quite busy and congratz on the progress with the script, but I'm still waiting for a reply to my PM and post in this thread from about two month ago.

Mainly:

What do you have in mind for the ambulance? I don't have any particularly good or interesting ideas for it.

and also:

Should I continue the Linerunner/Mack R Seires? a.k.a. Will it be used in this mod or is there already something else as a replacement like Leonazix truck?

Thx for your answer.

denis1379

Hey, when you have watched A - Team, There is some vehicles even used in Vice City Stories, like that small van replace Pony - I dont remember name of it. Not talk about that big with GMC logo, which they main characters triping

Hey, when you have watched The A - Team, There is some vehicles even used in Vice City Stories, like that small van replace Pony - I dont remember name of it. Not talk about that big with GMC logo, which they main characters triping

https://www.imcdb.org/m84967.html

denis1379

I think about Dodge Tradesman

Speccy
Posted (edited)

Probably would look better (I was thinking about a Detroit Diesel 6-71 based on the VC XBox engine) but it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the cars since everything is kept more or less in the original VC stlye. So unless BeginIt or Speccy decide something different it stays that way.

@Speccy: I know you are quite busy and congratz on the progress with the script, but I'm still waiting for a reply to my PM and post in this thread from about two month ago.

Mainly:

What do you have in mind for the ambulance? I don't have any particularly good or interesting ideas for it.

and also:

Should I continue the Linerunner/Mack R Seires? a.k.a. Will it be used in this mod or is there already something else as a replacement like Leonazix truck?

Thx for your answer.

Hey! I'm sorry for the late response. Regarding the ambulance, I really like this truck body style from Myriad Islands.

xNFUwGD.jpg

The model isn't very good quality and needs some scaling besides that, but could be used as a solid base for an ambulance. You could go for a similar style to this:

ambulance.jpg

I can send you the model if your interested.

Regarding your truck - I'd say we use yours for the Flatbed and modify the rear of Leonazix's in this fashion for the Packer.

Edited by Speccy

Shakez

can someone put here the discord link again?
The last one expired or something.I can't join

Cpt. Rookie
Posted (edited)

It's nothing but sh*tposting there, you won't miss a thing

Edited by Cpt. Rookie

Mega

It's a shame that instead of offering help, support and suggestions, they just sh*tpost bad memes or talk about weird crap. Would be a nice change of pace to have more help and motivation instead of what we got in the public chat.

deltaCJ
Posted (edited)

It's a shame that instead of offering help, support and suggestions, they just sh*tpost bad memes or talk about weird crap. Would be a nice change of pace to have more help and motivation instead of what we got in the public chat.

Well to be honest, when people gave suggestions for missions, none of them were even considered to be implemented into the game, because in order to make missions for a story-line, they needed to know the story, and they obviously didn't know it :p ( I forgot why we never took any of their missions into consideration, I saw a few good ones)

But would be nice :)

Edited by deltaCJ

Mega

There were some genuine suggestions, but I also meant some like locations, interiors, gameplay features, minigames/sidemissions and so on. Most of the time the most chat we have is people joking about the mod's state or just completely unrelated sh*tposting.

Cpt. Rookie

It looks like the team already has a ton of work to do, and it will probably take more than a year to finish it. Suggesting even more ideas would be overkill for developers, I guess. Also I think model and interior designers know their capabilities, and our suggestions will sound stupid to them, what are we even may suggest? "Make some new cool buildings and interiors"? It will make sense only if someone actually makes a fitting model and offers to include it to SoV.

The gameplay features, minigames and sidemissions refer to the scripting part, and, as far as I understand, Speccy is the only one doing the scripts. I brainstormed a few mission ideas in his PM, but it's easy to write and difficult to actually script it, and the man is neck deep in editing the existing BEGINit's scripts. The most important goal is the SoV actually seeing the daylight someday, the additional suggested features are less important. I can shoot my ideas like a minigun, but I won't actually code it.

I actually tried, but working as the coder IRL makes me wanna puke everytime I see a code in my free time

So I think that the only way to expand the mod features is the suggestions made by an actual scripter or a modeller, other advices are mostly useless.

Imagine the Vice city Easter Egg disappeared, and the BEGINit's profile picture on a wall next to it