Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,779 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BEGINit

Shine o' Vice

Blue

The basses are the only instruments I took from the game itself :p

Maybe you're right, but if you're also a man of C U L T U R E like I am, you probably notice how Fender basses are sorta bigger compared to Strats. I'll look into it soon though. :)

Derrick_Keno

That semi-truck looks fantastic! What is it based on?

universetwisters

Looks like a Mack R Series

1.jpg

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

This is what I thought at first. Anti shared pictures of a similar-looking truck with MTL logos a few months ago.

Edited by Derrick_Keno

-Anti-

The basses are the only instruments I took from the game itself :p

Maybe you're right, but if you're also a man of C U L T U R E like I am, you probably notice how Fender basses are sorta bigger compared to Strats. I'll look into it soon though. :)

thb I actually never pay much attenton to the bass. ;)

That semi-truck looks fantastic! What is it based on?

universetwisters is right. It's loosly based on the first gen Mack R Series. I used the Packer as a base. (Thinking about changing the grille and front so it does not stand out that much and locks more like the Mack)

This is what I thought at first. Anti shared pictures of a similar-looking truck with MTL logos a few months ago.

Well I showed the truck here about six weeks ago or so but it definitely didn't have MTL badges. The only differences are the tank, exhaust and altered back of the cab with rear window iirc (last time I worked on these vehicles is about a month ago)...

Viscacha

The rock city building is cool and all but the semi and ambulance made me think that there's too many common cars in default VC game, it's simply lacking in cool rare vehicles like Deluxo or Bloodring banger.

I propose this mod not to fall behind that aspect as well, there could be a Jensen Interceptor based coupe but the twist would be it's actually based on the original car that Jensen Motors ripped it off from, in my opinion it looks much better and fits the time period better.

_1448016845_resized_brasinca_4200.png

What do you think guys?

Mega

Don't see why not, looks like a cool vehicle to be included in the mod. Considering how Blue got his hands full with his music shop and the airport, I'll give it a shot, looks like it'd be fun. Plus it's a brazilian vehicle.

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

Now, that's quite a unique car idea! Breaking away from the usual Italian sports car is quite a refreshment. I'd really love to see how this would turn out in SoV :) How should the car be called?

Edited by Derrick_Keno

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

looks like a hellenchback gt '78

Edited by CoolMods

direct_UA

I'd suggest an Avanti

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

I think the car should be called "Perceptor". It kind of looks like an Interceptor, and the name is fitting. :p

Edited by Derrick_Keno

Mega

I'd rather keep the trend of naming it with a indian's/native's name for a bird, plant or folklore. So far thought of either Mandacaru or Curupira.

Derrick_Keno

How about something more vague, like Vistera? I also really like the names above.

Blue

I'd rather keep the trend of naming it with a indian's/native's name for a bird, plant or folklore. So far thought of either Mandacaru or Curupira.

Mandacaru sounds quite fine to me.

On another topic, this:

e2aa3f0adbff47ec1cfe71c2767f0632.png

...turns into this:

unknown.png

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

How about a generic license plates system, like in LCS or VCS? I know it may take a bit of time to map the plates to each car, but the regular plates in VC look like total trash, and I created this nicer-looking set of tags based on my signature. I know the texture is a bit high-res, you can tell me to lower the resolution, if you want:

VICE_licenseplates.png

Edited by Derrick_Keno

Blue

How about a generic license plates system, like in LCS or VCS? I know it may take a bit of time to map the plates to each car, but the regular plates in VC look like total trash, and I created this nicer-looking set of tags based on my signature. I know the texture is a bit high-res, you can tell me to lower the resolution, if you want:

[...]

It's honestly amazing, mate! You could lower the texture's resolution a bit, but that's up to you. :D

gts.

Those license plates looks pretty nice indeed. And adding a generic/custom license plate generator on VC would be fantastic.

Derrick_Keno

Thanks for all the remarks! :) If you want, you can improve on them, and I might upload the .pdn file.

Leonazix
Posted (edited)

I made MTL version based on the same Mack truck like -Anti-.

It's a coincidence that me and -Anti- were working on the same truck at the same time.

I was already working on my Mack when anti was working on his Mack.

I published my truck before -Anti-

http://gtaforums.com/topic/267333-picture-post-commentary/page-292?do=findComment&comment=1070056833

Peace!!!

Edited by Leonazix

-Anti-

It's a coincidence that me and -Anti- were working on the same truck at the same time.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/267333-picture-post-commentary/page-292?do=findComment&comment=1070056833

Peace!!!

Nice truck :)

Amazing, I hadn't seen that until now. That's a really funny coincidence - both of us posting this whitin four hours. Maybe we also started it on the same day ;)

Leonazix
Posted (edited)

Peace!!!

Nice truck :)

Amazing, I hadn't seen that until now. That's a really funny coincidence - both of us posting this whitin four hours. Maybe we also started it on the same day ;)

Yeah maybe we started in the same day,your truck is amazing!!!

:colgate:

Edited by Leonazix

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

Oh, so that's why I confused Leon's truck for Anti's. Anyway, I really like both trucks! :)

Edited by Derrick_Keno

-Anti-

The vanilla VC plates really are incredibly low res - even for VC standards. I think there is a Florida silhouette on them...

A quick mock-up with the SoV plates:

sovplate.jpgsovplate2.jpg

Yeah maybe we started in the same day,your truck is amazing!!!

:colgate:

I just checked my first z3d file out of curiosity. I started on the 1st day of Christmas ;)

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

Damn, it's really nice to see my plates put into use! The trucks are really great, too! Which license plates are going to be used in the end? The GTA IV-style one on my signature, or the LCS / VCS-styled set with the black text?

Edited by Derrick_Keno

Nihilist.

Too much detail for such small objects if you ask me. Also, colors seem too vibrant, compared to other textures - note how license plates stand out and look whitish, while everything around has this sunny, yellowish tone thanks to the in-game filter. Also, symbols on the palm tree are a bit difficult to see. Otherwise looks pretty decent - good job.

Lowering resolution, decreasing saturation and brightness (a bit), and finally, adding some barely visible metal texture should fix it all, in matter of seconds. Something could be done with the palm tree too, though - lowering its transparency should be enough. Either that, or additional color tweak.

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

VICE_SUNSET_licenseplates.png

New "Sunset" Vice City license plates. Coincidentally, they kind of resemble the Sunshine Autos logo.

Low-res version:

VICE_SUNSET_licenseplates_LQ.png

On a car (GPX):

sunset_GPX.png

sunset_GPXrear.png

Low-res and less bright version of the first design:

VICE_licenseplates_LQ.png

Edited by Derrick_Keno

universetwisters

I still think the original VC plate texture that looks like a very lowres Florida plate should still be used, especially since A; how much do license plates change in a year and B; cities don't get their own license plate in America.

Derrick_Keno

Using real Florida license plates is a great idea, but I wanted to make things more original. Also, the "LC R29" license plate on the cars in GTA III says "LIBERTY CITY" on top of it, so why not do the same for VC?

LC_R29.png

-Anti-

The SA plates also have the city names on them...

I agree with Nihilist.

On my pictures the plates clearly stand out because they are too bright.

Also I would get rid of the date because it's too small; and make the "Vice City" bigger. Basically keeping the style of the LC R29 plate.

In my opinion the best option (for basically all vehicle/building textures) is to overlay them with some metal/concrete and dirt textures to achieve that grungy VC look.

Ash_735

I still have the GIMP project files for the VCS plates I remade, just saying, if you wanted to keep within lore you could just change the colours to be closer to what was used in 1987.