2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BEGINit

Shine o' Vice

ClaudX

That video though. :p I'm guessing that it will be in Ocean Beach, seeing as it matches the other buildings Art-Deco style.

CharlesVercetti

Have been seeing fantastic work on modelling department here.

Speccy and Sal are doing well.However,Speccy's looking more professional compared to Sal's.I am expecting Sal to work on his lighting skills.

Overall I have been waiting since it was announced,and Beginit told he needed model designers.Glad he got them. :-D

Kalvin

So will you ever go with Vice City's interior system? (meaning - not being able to see inside from out, only vice versa, and to enter, go through a dark fade in the doorway and then teleport inside) or will you just stick with entering the building through a normal doorway, no teleportation involved, and being able to see the inside the outside?

Edited by Kalvin

Speccy

Have been seeing fantastic work on modelling department here.

Speccy and Sal are doing well.However,Speccy's looking more professional compared to Sal's.I am expecting Sal to work on his lighting skills.

Overall I have been waiting since it was announced,and Beginit told he needed model designers.Glad he got them. :-D

Thanks for your feedback! We are plowing through the list of models that BEGINit has provided us with. Sal has done a much greater share of work than I have, and priority so far has been getting the models to BEGINit as fast as possible so he can implement them into the mission script. Once we have everything, we can begin fixing various bugs and perhaps polish some models.

I can help prelight Sal's current interiors, which shouldn't take much time. I'd need one day per interior since the modeling work is pretty much done.

I can also make a short, detailed video tutorial on how to add vertex color in Zmodeler 2 using an extremely easy method. But Sal is using 3ds Max, which I have no experience with.

If anyone has Zmodeler 2 and knows the basics of how to import/export models, they can volunteer to help us and I would provide a tutorial for adding vertex colors. We are always glad to have your guy's contribution!

So will you ever go with Vice City's interior system? (meaning - not being able to see inside from out, only vice versa, and to enter, go through a dark fade in the doorway and then teleport inside) or will you just stick with entering the building through a normal doorway, no teleportation involved, and being able to see the inside the outside?

Hi Kalvin! This question has crossed my mind before and it's great that you brought it up. It really is up to BEGINit, but currently all interiors are simply entered through a doorway (no teleportation). separate open and closed door models exist, and are placed through SCM code so that interiors become unlocked throughout progression of the story.

However, I think it would be much more professional if we could revert back to Vice City's original interior system. Even if we didn't use the exact same method, I think we could mimic it quite nicely without even having interiors as separate entities in the map. This could be accomplished the following way:

- A non-solid black mesh would be added as a separate object in the doorway, separating the exterior from the interior and making it impossible to see into the interior and vice versa.

- My basic scripting knowledge tells me that when the player enters the close radius of the doorway, he could be teleported to the other side, behind the black mesh. With 'player state frozen' for a few seconds or whatever it was, a nice fade from black, and the player facing the interior with his back to doorway, I think it would be almost perfect.

- The implication of this would be that we would have to model this mesh for each interior. Regarding being able to see into the interior from the outside through the windows, I think that is fine and if anything, should have been like that in the original Vice City.

For my personal map project, I spent a lot of time trying to find/come up with a way of being able to have SA-style, rotateable doors on the Vice City engine.

So far I haven't found anything of the kind.

Ultimately, it will be the way BEGINit feels right

But @BEGINit, we should seriously consider this!

BEGINit

Hi Kalvin! This question has crossed my mind before and it's great that you brought it up. It really is up to BEGINit, but currently all interiors are simply entered through a doorway (no teleportation). separate open and closed door models exist, and are placed through SCM code so that interiors become unlocked throughout progression of the story.

However, I think it would be much more professional if we could revert back to Vice City's original interior system. Even if we didn't use the exact same method, I think we could mimic it quite nicely without even having interiors as separate entities in the map. This could be accomplished the following way:

- A non-solid black mesh would be added as a separate object in the doorway, separating the exterior from the interior and making it impossible to see into the interior and vice versa.

- My basic scripting knowledge tells me that when the player enters the close radius of the doorway, he could be teleported to the other side, behind the black mesh. With 'player state frozen' for a few seconds or whatever it was, a nice fade from black, and the player facing the interior with his back to doorway, I think it would be almost perfect.

- The implication of this would be that we would have to model this mesh for each interior. Regarding being able to see into the interior from the outside through the windows, I think that is fine and if anything, should have been like that in the original Vice City.

Ultimately, it will be the way BEGINit feels right

But @BEGINit, we should seriously consider this!

I was considering this too. The fact is that we can make it VC style via script the way Speccy refered. But...

There is one 'BUT'.

I'm pretty much walking on the razor edge regarding the script limits (well some of them at least). There are still things to do (to add) regarding sripting and although I'm trying to remove unnecessary code leaving only what matters I'm still may bump into some limts like Main section size, running threads, existing pickups/objects and so on. So I will leave this particular matter for the end. If I'll be able to add such interior entering way - I will.

On the other hand, there is CLEO :D

Silent

Just increase the limits then or do some code optimizations :p

denis1379

[\quote]

For my personal map project, I spent a lot of time trying to find/come up with a way of being able to have SA-style, rotateable doors on the Vice City

- try that easier way like openable doors at apartment or CJ House in San Andreas, only must be add physic to move the door by player, Its wrote in dynamic objects list, like cranes, boxes and etc.

Speccy

Just increase the limits then or do some code optimizations :p

To increase the limits is exactly what we should do, in my opinion. But as far as I'm aware, Sal_Leone wants to port this to mobile. I don't think that this should be priority before the stage of completion, especially if it will interfere with having a well-rounded PC release. Once the mod is released for PC, we would have the benefit of having a good estimate of how much optimizing needs to be done, and could go about this process in a much more organized and consistent way.

As BEGINit suggested, there is always the option of CLEO. I'm sure it wouldn't bother anyone and could contain the interior system, which would simply be cut from the mobile version without any need to mess with the SCM. On mobile, you would just enter interiors via doorway (no teleport, etc).

Personally, I would still prefer the limits solution, to keep things tidy. Don't know what you guys think...

For my personal map project, I spent a lot of time trying to find/come up with a way of being able to have SA-style, rotateable doors on the Vice City engine.

try that easier way like openable doors at apartment or CJ House in San Andreas, only must be add physic to move the door by player, Its wrote in dynamic objects list, like cranes, boxes and etc.

I examined the objects.dat of GTA VC. As I said, I didn't find a way to have this feature in VC. I am not very experienced in this area, so if somebody with the proper knowledge would look into this and perhaps make it possible, that could become a great little mod of its own. It's great to have the privilege of being able to communicate with very knowledgeable people on this forum, perhaps someone like Silent would know if something like this is possible or not.

Edited by Speccy

Silent

Then again, SCM routines can be optimized a lot. Could shrink the code significantly without the need to increase limits.

SaL_Leone

That video though. :p I'm guessing that it will be in Ocean Beach, seeing as it matches the other buildings Art-Deco style.

No,it'll be in extended Downtown/Haiti

New interior,only few pics for now ;)

nSOu6tg.jpg

9HkIy2w.jpg

Hi28j2a.jpg

RsMp0Hr.jpg

Edited by SaL_Leone

undertaker fan

Nice HUD!

universetwisters

Goodness, that is one pink sky.

Looks nice though!

WillzyyyGTA

Loving the HUD and those colours in the first pic are great! Very nice work. :)

/\rdooZ

The hud is really good

Tadzik

The radar looks great! You need to change radar circle and weapon icons :p

KowalskiGuy

Nice interior there, Sally boy. And the radar - feels like the one GTA 3, with Vice City's pink color.

And one more thing - am I seeing Sharks using San Andreas gangster walk anim?

Tadzik

Nice interior there, Sally boy. And the radar - feels like the one GTA 3, with Vice City's pink color.

It's probably HQ radar by yojo2.

About the anims, they're maybe from VCS :)

BEGINit

It IS hq radar by yojo2, the radar icons made by me.

Tadzik

the radar icons made by me.

And they're awesome! :D

SkyHunted

Dat radar map and radar icon , looks pretty sweet :inlove:

Speccy

I'm working on the Hooker Inn hotel. It's the large pinkish-orange building in the docks/airport area. I managed to fit quite a lot inside it, as fortunately for once, the exterior is big enough.

It will feature:

• Lobby
  • Restaurant/Bar
  • Work kitchen
  • Patio by the pool area outside
  • Safe room

MAYBE the following changes to the exterior

• Parking
  • Retextured road (like in VCS)
  • Detailed driveway (adding pillars like in VCS & a new sign)
  • Wall around the perimeter (different from VCS)

It would be helpful if you guys could provide me with some close-up screenshots of the beachcomber hotel (Hooker Inn in VCS) so I could draw ideas from that. Anyways here is what has been made until now.

Please keep in mind - it will look much better in Vice City; there will be much more props and vertex color will do its job!

WIP Hooker Inn

lfneCM0.jpg

gnk4R7Y.jpg

nVCwU9I.jpg

Edited by Speccy

universetwisters

A vending machine right next to the drink bar? Either that's a very subtle joke or an oversight, but still looking great!

Speccy

A vending machine right next to the drink bar? Either that's a very subtle joke or an oversight, but still looking great!

It is what it is :)

Mr. Jago

I just had an idea, what if you used the food vendor code already present to make a working vending machine? just replace the voices with the sound of a can opening and gulping noises, would that be possible? great work as always by the way

Edited by Mr. Jago

Jerkоv

Oh, BEGINit...
I'm music composer, so, if you need of my help to compose some original music for the mod, I can do that for you (like intro video, the "mission complete" sound..). Just send me a message if you want. ;)

Speccy

Progress: Hooker Inn interior is in the prelighting stage. In-game screenshots should be coming soon. BEGINit can also expect the files soon :)

I've had Sal's downtown building sitting around which will be fixed soon after. I didn't forget about it.

When that's done, I wanted to do something with this, as you guys have suggested

p1t9twU.png

Then I should finally be onto the fun part - VEHICLES & WEAPONS

You guys can shoot me some weapon requests if you feel like it.

Edited by Speccy

Kunio

I'm my opinion it's not far from VC to So'V just only few weeks, so fashion music doesn't change too. Homever in my opinion Mission Complete Sound should be silimar to GTA VCS one.

ClaudX

I think you guys should add more "shady" buildings. You know what I mean? I love the more civilian buildings, but you should really add more shady buildings, especially to Little Haiti. Keep up the work, guys.

SaL_Leone

Just fixed Alex's Rafael's interior:

iNEAW7I.jpg

Gummy 

Looking good.