Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,403 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Flachbau

That Empty Feeling..

Flachbau

Edited by Alchemist

Ziggy455

Simple, thematic on lost love. I liked it, more for the fact it flowed well. This first stanza:

You know what they say, when you love someone a lot?

They say that they become one with your heart

Do you know what happens when they break your heart?

You fall into a state of deep depression

It's simple, but good as the rhyming climax ends with depression, which doesn't rhyme but gives a tone of despair or depression.

As for the poem itself, it's relative to many people. We've all felt that depression and confusion of losing somebody. There's a kind of deep, dark hole that you feel is squeezing you, and that there's a certain kind of hopelessness that comes with those crushing walls. I digress. This feels like it was written a little close to the bone, and sometimes good poetry is. Most certainly in this case.

You've got some skeelz.

Flachbau

Thank you Ziggy icon14.gif This piece of writing was inspired by one of my own break ups. Didn't happen that long ago haha..

Vice President helped me out too smile.gif He told me to start typing out my feelings and not to stop, just to keep going.

Ziggy455

Thank you Ziggy icon14.gif This piece of writing was inspired by one of my own break ups. Didn't happen that long ago haha..

Vice President helped me out too smile.gif He told me to start typing out my feelings and not to stop, just to keep going.

Writing is a strong medium for expression. Some people climb clock towers with Remingtons loaded after breakups but writing is much more stress relieving.

Flachbau

Writing is a strong medium for expression. Some people climb clock towers with Remingtons loaded after breakups but writing is much more stress relieving.

Nah, I wouldn't see why anyone would suicide over a break up. I can understand the feeling though sad.gif

I haven't wrote much but I guess I'll write more since I broke up with my girlfriend.. it wont all be depressing pieces I promise.

Tyler

Life isn't just one note, so that's understandable. Still, it's good to air out the room and put your feelings down in print, even if you think those feelings are unworthy of it at first. Writing is definitely a good way to vent, and using it to express your thoughts on something often leads to you seeing those events in a different way. It helps me accept things I'll never be able to change, for sure.

As for the actual poem, you should keep writing. I'm glad you found something you like doing, I hope you keep at it. If you want to strengthen your own style then I suggest taking out words like "really" to bridge your thoughts in sentences. Words like that only serve to lessen the blow, which is something you don't want when you're dealing with poetry, one of the more concise forms of expression out there.

Also, completely off-topic but you should check out Nine Inch Nails' The Downward Spiral if you're looking to see what dark and depressed thoughts can produce. It's a beautiful album in how disgusting it is. I could never get enough of it. Then again, I'm a big NIN fan and I kind of love everything Trent makes, so maybe this plug is a bit biased. tounge.gif

Flachbau

Thanks Tyler icon14.gif

I'll be here more often in the near future because usually when school starts I get into writing so I can impress my teachers. I will be here a lot actually with stories, scripts, and more poems. Maybe even a narrative or two. I will also check that NIN album out when I can, most likely this weekend.

Ziggy455
I agree with Tyler: Trent Reznor's music is dark, beautiful, and at times depressing. I've got most of the albums on my iPod and his music is very inspirational if you're into the darker aspects of music and storytelling.