Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,304 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Tonythomas180

GTA:ONLINE The Start?

Tonythomas180

How do you think GTA:ONLINE will start. Or how would you like it to start?

Personally I think we will start of in a grotty sh*thole of a flat, one room with your couch, tv and bed all together.

i think we will start off with about $5000, enough to buy some guns for jobs or if you wish a cheap arse car.

Once you buy a gun early level robberies will become available, ( shops, garages.) then after you reach level 5 you unlock basic heists.

Unlocking bigger and better jobs as you go.

i hope we start at the bottom and money is very hard to come buy, and the top things to buy are very very expensive.

twigs2001

As you say probably in a sh*tty apartment, even tho i would like to start on foot with nothing. I sincerely hope you don't start off with enough money to buy a gun as i think that makes it far too easy, hopefully the only weapon you will have is your bare hands.

CM_Kimmy

To be honest i'm not after the flash life online (or offline). Having a nice pad would be nice but i like to drive around in moderate looking cars (sedans etc;) rather than sports cars. Sports cars don't really do much for me. I'll probably be free roaming most of the time and then doing holdups in stores. Don't think i will bother with the missions online.

Tonythomas180
As you say probably in a sh*tty apartment, even tho i would like to start on foot with nothing. I sincerely hope you don't start off with enough money to buy a gun as i think that makes it far too easy, hopefully the only weapon you will have is your bare hands.

Ha can you imagine starting homeless. that would be funny. maybe you will start with bugger all and have to rob your first weapon and cash.

Andrew-23

The producer said you will start out "pennyless". I'm glad about that because I want to fight my way to the top. I don't want to be handed anything.

Tonythomas180
The producer said you will start out "pennyless". I'm glad about that because I want to fight my way to the top. I don't want to be handed anything.

Thanks for this info mate, i have not heard that before. thats made things more intriguing starting with nothing makes you think about stuff from the beginning.

TEoS

The online trailer opens along the lines of "after you flight lands in Los Santos" or something similar, so I'd assume we start with absolutely nothing and at the airport, possibly with a tutorial mission.

Edit: Ok it's actually at about a minute in, but yeah.

Edited by TEoS

Andrew-23

This is what is says on gtav.net

"You start GTA: Online arriving to Los Santos pennyless and you must complete a few missions first to get a feel of the online."

johnwontscore

"You start GTA: Online arriving to Los Santos pennyless and you must complete a few missions first to get a feel of the online."

Yeah, penniless apart from the garage and sports car you have because you bought the collector's version.

justin428

Yeah, penniless apart from the garage and sports car you have because you bought the collector's version.

lol just like real poseurs.

SwitchBladeJones

I hope we start out with nothing. However, I pre-ordered CE. I wonder how my garage and Coil electric car will be available from the start.

If you start with nothing that really incentivizes you to buy a place so you can plan bigger heists with your crew. At the beginning you'd be stuck in small, lower paying jobs.

Sticky Pads

Yeah, we apparently fly in on a plane. It was mentioned in the GTAO trailer, and in the achievements list.

GTASuspectOnFoot

It'll start with Officer Tennpenny pulling over your cab on your way to the Grove.

Acky.

GTA Online starts by arriving in Los Santos at the airport, pretty much, from the very bottom; you don't know anyone or anything. It's set before the events of GTA V.

mattymcs

I wonder what the first mission will be, maybe a mugging were you get money to buy a gun?

JOSEPH X
I wonder what the first mission will be?

Reprasentatin' yoself.

R.F.

just like in test drive unlimited, i just got in ls by plane and have a sh*tty apartment and a crappy car, the rest is up to you

wounded panda
It'll start with Officer Tennpenny pulling over your cab on your way to the Grove.

it'll start you getting a job as garbage man, and then you have work for days and nights, live in your bosses apartment and get paid in nickles... eventually you team up with your fellow workers and commit your first heist....the boss's mansion

we'll take it from there i think..

ImBoss450

it'll start you getting a job as garbage man, and then you have work for days and nights, live in your bosses apartment and get paid in nickles... eventually you team up with your fellow workers and commit your first heist....the boss's mansion

we'll take it from there i think..

Having a job as a garbage man isn't exactly a mission. And there are 500 to choose from for rewards.

FugetSudo

I think you start out completely broke and must finish some "starter-missions" to get things rolling.

BeardedxMic

TEoS said the thing about flying in, and someone called the Collectors Edition unrealistic, so I can only say this: I'm putting every person that plays this game on mute, as I do not want to hear Drake being sung every time someone unlocks something or levels up.

Negan

You arrive to the airport with plane.... lol it was in the online gameplay and in acheivement list.