3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Project2DFX

ThirteenAG

[on-topic] Will SA have another updates in the future? Or it's counted as 'finished-and-abandoned f*ck yeah"

[off-topic] Lemme guess about what are you thinking about 69 :p

edit : d*mmit, i broke it :p

Edited by alayanrole

I want to know about what are the constants in the sa_draw_distance_changer.ini use for? I don't know what the link at the first line use for too. :catspider:

Hello guys ! I eventually revealed this awesome mod, and in-game nights became b-e-a-u-t-y-f-u-l.

BUT if I get on top of mountain to look on this beauty I get 15-20 fps drops depenting of camera angle. I tried digging in the ini's. My world dd is 550. I lowered coronafarclip from 9000 to 800 and... NOTHING changed, not visually, nor performance.

SO is there some key settings in the ini's that could allow me to control performance and find balance between visual and FPS ?

I tried to add sun size modifiers to ini, here's test version - https://www.sendspace.com/file/qz5l8s

Try to increase it significantly, like 100/240.

This works fine, but I can not get the sun to keep it's pS2 size. Even with default ini the sun is TOO big and half of sky is golden. If increase sun settings the sun "texture" (I dont know its name) literally penetrates the ground. buildings and hills depending on camera angle.

Edited by uncaged

Was digging in the IV code while waiting NTA's help, here's a sneak peek:

CsklZ7I.jpg

And I thought IV lagged enough. :p

Hello guys ! I eventually revealed this awesome mod, and in-game nights became b-e-a-u-t-y-f-u-l.

BUT if I get on top of mountain to look on this beauty I get 15-20 fps drops depenting of camera angle. I tried digging in the ini's. My world dd is 550. I lowered coronafarclip from 9000 to 800 and... NOTHING changed, not visually, nor performance.

SO is there some key settings in the ini's that could allow me to control performance and find balance between visual and FPS ?

I tried to add sun size modifiers to ini, here's test version - https://www.sendspace.com/file/qz5l8s

Try to increase it significantly, like 100/240.

This works fine, but I can not get the sun to keep it's pS2 size. Even with default ini the sun is TOO big and half of sky is golden. If increase sun settings the sun "texture" (I dont know its name) literally penetrates the ground. buildings and hills depending on camera angle.

In the ini file of the sa draw distance changer you have to change a value to get the size of the PS2 sun.

The maximum value is 12,7. So in this case, you can copy this:

[sUN]Radius1 = 2.7335Radius2 = 12.7

You can resize the sun with fastman his ingame realtime timecyc editor and you can get the sun as big as the PS2.

For My 550 draw distance that matches perfectly. thank you very much :)

Now remains only night FPS problem with 2dfx.

Edited by uncaged

For My 550 draw distance that match perfectly. thank you very much :)

Now remains only night FPS problem with 2dfx.

Glad I could help :^:

Which version of 2dfx do you have got? And what are your PC specs?

I use the latest version from here (2.5). My specs: Windows 7 64x. Intel Quad q9505 3.4 Ghz, 4 GB RAM DDR2, GT9800 1 Gb DDR3. Tell me if I missed something :)

Edited by uncaged

For me SA used only 1 core by default. I use Process Lasso to force all 4 cores.

So, whatever I do, that lag can not be reduced with 2dfx's ini's settings, right ?

You said you farclip is 550? And are the corona's set at 9000? You could try to change 9000 to 550 and see what happens.

I mean, what is the reason to have the corona distance set at above 3000 when your farclip is 550.

Edited by SilverRST

I understand. As I said

I tried digging in the ini's. My world dd is 550. I lowered coronafarclip from 9000 to 800 and... NOTHING changed, not visually, nor performance.

But changing coronafarclip from 800 to 550 game some more fps, now I lose ~10 fps. So if corona farclip is a key parameter here, I will try to live with that :) Thanks for advise, mate

Edited by uncaged

So I tried 2.3, 2.0, 1.6. first two made things even worse. But 1.6 works great (but looks not as cool as the last version :) ). At least It lacks distant lampost lights on the ground. Interesting if Wesser's Static Shadows Distance plugin can fix that. Can not check it because have damn TTDISA which (apparently) screws Wesser's plugin. So, no fps drops with 1.6 :)

I see TTDISA has fixed a lot of things? Too bad I don't use because I never have known what bugs and or glitches there were.

And I like spaceeinstein's All in One mod. Been using it since 2006 lol. Awesome main.scm mod.

The 2.5 version may have f*cked up my FPS if I still had my old laptop with 9600M GT but that sh*t is now nothing more than a overheating piece of trash.

It gave me a good 2 years of gaming on it but it burns like a bitch. Currently since April this year I had to build a new PC.

The laptop kept shutting off because of temps limits being reached lol

For whatever reason since version 2.0 launched we started having framerate problems, I'm also stuck with version 1.6 because of that :/.

Off-topic:

@SilverRST

You have an GTX 780 right? Does it run well with these newer games requiring more than 4gigs of VRAM? I'm thinking of getting an GTX 970 but these crazy memory requirements in games lately scare me.

Edited by StrafeBolt

jYzLR2j.png

@SilverRST I like TTDISA very much. But it has couple of serious crashes during story missions and people call that mod "abandoned". It has a lot of content restored from PS2 and Beta and without it game seems half empty. But people strongly DO NOT recomment to play SA with TTDISA as it makes saves incompatible with unmodded game. And most of PS2 feature are already restored by separate mods. However someone said that Silent maybe will make a new patch for TTDISA, so I am going to wait for few monthes or so :)

My PC also makes me to forget about all modern games that have at least DX11 in reqs. So I undestand your pain bro :) However there are a lot of beautyful games can be played with emulators. So until I wait I can have some oldschool gaming :)

Edited by uncaged

For whatever reason since version 2.0 launched we started having framerate problems, I'm also stuck with version 1.6 because of that :/.

Off-topic:

@SilverRST

You have an GTX 780 right? Does it run well with these newer games requiring more than 4gigs of VRAM? I'm thinking of getting an GTX 970 but these crazy memory requirements in games lately scare me.

The GTX780 is really such a beast. Every game i tried just goes over +60FPS and i have to enable Adaptive Sync because of sh*tload of screan tearing lol

The only games I haven't tried are newest Ubisoft games like AC Unity and FC4. I don't support those damn lazy developers, ever.

But I didn't have any problems with VRAM. Which newest games do require more than 3GB VRAM? And Shadow of Mordor their 4K textures

are nothing but the same as High. But for now, there is no reason to have more than 3GB VRAM. Of course if you want and can, the GTX970 is very good too.

Damn, seems TTDISA is a serious problem, I hope TTDISA will be very stable one day.

Edited by SilverRST

In theory The Evil Within requires 4GB of VRAM for maxing it out(And that Shadow of Mordor 6gigs), but I guess that's just a poorly optimized games. Meh, it's just rumors and speculation going around the interwebs, I also doubt we will need more than 3gb for the next few years, seems like overkill, unless you're going 4K.

Anyways let's get back on topic.

@Uncaged

I told ya, old mods like TTDISA just ain't doing it anymore, with a few exceptions ofc.

jYzLR2j.png

@StrafeBolt, I call bullsh*t. only the real high-ends GPU do have 3 or 4GB, nothing more.

Requiring more than 4GB means simply the textures are either 4K or when going for higher resolution than 1440p.

And I won't be upgrading the GPU in really the next 3 years or so.

And I read the Evil Within is a bad port itself so yeah. No exception.

Btw, will there be any new update of 2dfx for SA? Such as the corona's?

That bug is normal, it happens on vanilla game too (you only see black on that corner, so with 2dfx you can see the lights of the city because of the increased draw distance

Few screens of Project 2dfx SA featuring V HUD, ps2 postfx and including frame rate counter:

IOHG4AU.jpg 64dvwK4.jpg sXfFM4k.jpg

DJovB8g.jpg 0fMB7tc.jpg VwwkVgB.jpg