3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Project2DFX

ThirteenAG

I cannot make them appear permanent on the map. As long as I don't erase more than 400 trees from somewhere to get rid of the bug who crashes near Catalina House, you have to play with 3000 draw distance.

The mod is done, all I have to do is make the installer, update the readme, check everything to be okay, but I been busy lately.

Sorry for being a "don't-know", but, how did you prelight these DFFs actually? Could you name the steps if it was done in 3DSMax, I assume thataa lots of people have modded trees, so that they could make fixes for themselves as well.

Edited by kikiboy95

Ok, someone help me to figure what's wrong with my game, seems like I facing map holes again

HhEfLuJ.jpg

oUpVPTQ.jpg

Thanks to aStiffSausage @LINK/2012 the crashes with the binary IPL script in the bonus download for SA should now be fixed. You can literally spawn in every object (except grass :p) on SA now without any crashes.

Although, this does eat up a LOT of FPS and the alpha bug is pretty much always present and the good old flicker bug will happen if you have the draw distance set too high, so use at your own will. :p I'd recommend using LOD trees by Blitz instead if this takes up too much FPS for you, as far as I know he's currently working on it and this should fix the crashes he's been experiencing with those trees.

Download!

M13LUMl.jpg

How do I make my game look like this? I downlaoded the rar and installed everything but still sh*t tree draw distance

Open Tweaker and set to

[OBJS]
max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects = 3000.0 // it's better not to touch it at all
generic_new_draw_distance = 3000.0
normal_new_draw_distance = 3000.0

I cannot make them appear permanent on the map. As long as I don't erase more than 400 trees from somewhere to get rid of the bug who crashes near Catalina House, you have to play with 3000 draw distance.

The mod is done, all I have to do is make the installer, update the readme, check everything to be okay, but I been busy lately.

OPS! After talking with JAMES I realize that I might be wrong here. I used LOD Mod while building trees and as some might not use Lod Mod which has more than 400 new lines, now it will have enough space for the trees to work permanent till last, without having crashes anywhere around the map. I need to test this out as well.

Edited by BLlTZ

Thanks to aStiffSausage @LINK/2012 the crashes with the binary IPL script in the bonus download for SA should now be fixed. You can literally spawn in every object (except grass :p) on SA now without any crashes.

What was causing the crash? Maybe same fix can be applied to gta3 and vc, just in case :) Btw, have you tried to optimize this script to get more fps?

It was a problem with static matrices limit, that a look at it's initial allocation at 0x54F3A0. btw, I made it in a way that you can update your limit adjuster so my temporary asi won't be necessary, section SALIMITS and key StaticMatrices on your ini :)

It was a problem with static matrices limit, that a look at it's initial allocation at 0x54F3A0. btw, I made it in a way that you can update your limit adjuster so my temporary asi won't be necessary, section SALIMITS and key StaticMatrices on your ini :)

Yeah, i'll do that, thanks!

Would it be possible to add IDEs limit to the list of SALimits in a future release? This limit is the only reason why I still use MapLimit.asi (now causes the game to obviously crash when using it with limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.asi & limit_adjuster_sa_bonus_matrix.asi). (Not sure what to copy from SALimitAdjuster hopefully below is enough)

void SALimitAdjuster::SetIDEs(int iIDEs){	DWORD dwAlloc = (DWORD) malloc((0x20*iIDEs)+4);	if(dwAlloc)	{		memset((LPVOID)dwAlloc,0x00,(0x20*iIDEs)+4);		for(DWORD i=dwAlloc+4;i<(dwAlloc+4+(iIDEs*0x20));i+=0x20)		{			*(BYTE*) i = 0xF0;			*(BYTE*) (i+1) = 0xBB;			*(BYTE*) (i+2) = 0x85;			*(BYTE*) (i+10) = 0xFF;			*(BYTE*) (i+11) = 0xFF;		}		char* cBytes = (char*)&dwAlloc;		BYTE bIDEs[] = { cBytes[0], cBytes[1], cBytes[2], cBytes[3] };		patch(0x4C6621,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6633,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C63E1,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C63FE,bIDEs);		patch(0x84BBF1,bIDEs);		patch(0x856231,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6865,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C689A,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C68B5,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C68E8,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C68F9,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6927,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6938,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6966,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6977,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C69A5,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C69B6,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C69E4,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C69F5,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6A23,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6A34,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6865,bIDEs);		memadd(4,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C662D,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6822,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6829,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6877,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6881,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6890,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C68A5,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C68F3,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6932,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6971,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C69B0,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C69EF,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C6A2E,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C63F2,bIDEs);		memadd(24,bIDEs);		patch(0x4C68AC,bIDEs);		cBytes = (char*)&iIDEs;		BYTE pushIDEs[] = { 0x68, cBytes[0], cBytes[1], cBytes[2], cBytes[3] };		patch(0x4C5845,pushIDEs);		patch(0x4C5CBB,pushIDEs);		if(bDebug)			log("IDEs: %d",iIDEs);	}	else if(bDebug) log("IDE Allocation Failed!");}

I'm back..

Whit is the "limit_adjuster_sa_bonus_matrix.asi"? I can't google it :(

1000 get! :happy:

Edited by little_idiot

Of course you can't google it :p

You only need it if you are using the binary_ipl.cs from the BONUS folder.

fxoNkvf.png

If you manage to make that binary.ipl patch without the alpha bug, window bug and strange things like this:

241eb8303077156.jpg

then it will the pinnacle of GTA:SA modding, seriously.

Looking forward to it.

If you manage to make that binary.ipl patch without the alpha bug, window bug and strange things like this:

241eb8303077156.jpg

Looking forward to it.

I agree. All we have to do is bring Einstein back to life, maybe he can fix those issues.

Released a patch for @ThirteenAG's Improved Lamppost Lights mod.. it changes the lamppost corona to white instead of orange to match the spotlight, I prefer the orange lampposts but some might like it. You can get in on the first post.

710960277284364.jpg

wherw is the link sir?

Released a patch for @ThirteenAG's Improved Lamppost Lights mod.. it changes the lamppost corona to white instead of orange to match the spotlight, I prefer the orange lampposts but some might like it. You can get in on the first post.

710960277284364.jpg

wherw is the link sir?

I removed it since I imagined not a lot of people were interested and I made it when the mod wasn't even called Project 2dfx.. and I don't have the files anymore either, I'll do something for it tonight if you want it.

Yes, the sun.

Must be a side effect of the increased farclip then, because I haven't noticed that before. So the sun corona and the reflection from it would need to be placed further back to compensate.

Well, I use e timecyc with edited colours, but with it's normal farclip distances. Anyway, I can live with this bug.

241eb8303077156.jpg

Looking forward to it.

I agree. All we have to do is bring Einstein back to life, maybe he can fix those issues.

Lol somehow thought you meant spaceeinstein and not literallym but about bringing him back to the modding scene.

Anywho, I don't understand your scepsis on this one.

Back at the times when Vice City was still a new game a script mod meant you have to start a new game, and everyone accepted it. And something like New Vice City (if I recall right) was really awesome. Now we have CLEO.

Way back before we could only dream for reflections and tried making them "real" by editing one sh*tty chrome texture in vehicle.txd. Now we have ENB, a ton of other scripts, and SA:Render.

Some time ago we were satisfied with new road textures with bugs and bad retextures of buildings, that didn't fit in the atmosphere, now we have SRt3 and HRT.

Should I continue?

I'm not a serious modmaker myself, no, I don't have the time and the dedication, however I have some basic knowledge on the game and mod mechanics - in general I understand how it all works.

So, I can say that modmakers can do, what I have spoken of. It's not that I am making them do it, because it would be a sh*tload of hard work. But I'm encouraging them, the team behind 2dfx in particular, to work in this direction, as this will really change GTA SA modding scene.

Anyone encountered this? (Floating lampposts) 2DFX is the only mod i have installed that edit maps, so...?

12146859776_b5bd1ba7a8_z.jpg
WTF? by Kilen9999, on Flickr
(Check out the Lampposts)
Edited by Kilen9999

2DFX is the only mod i have installed that edit maps

Except P2dfx doesn't edit the map, only the draw distances of objects if you're using the IDE Tweaker.

"Project 2dfx is a set of plugins for GTA III,VC and SA which increases object draw distances, adds LOD corona effects, allows to use a big farClip in timecyc without crashes and fixes flickering + holes in map, a limit adjuster and an increased object limit in total which cannot be achieved with any other limit adjuster."

So in Lehman's terms, this is an object streamer?

Anyone encountered this? (Floating lampposts) 2DFX is the only mod i have installed that edit maps, so...?

How many mods do you have, sir?

Nothing to do with 2dfx its your model problem.

Those lamp-posts definately aren't original either, so you do have another mod installed.

Only mod that I've ever known to do 'floating lampposts' was a very early alpha of IV to SA 'textures' by Heron911 (or Heron).

Well, I've also tried taking models from Shift City, and putting them in my SA (lampposts and other generic objects) and the offset of them is completely different. Lamppost float just like your ones.

fxoNkvf.png

Is there a way to make vehicles which spawn on roads, flash like in GTA IV and V?

There's a mod that adjusts the limits of car's and peds draw distances, I think it could be useful in some ways:

http://www.4shared.com/file/mA5D2hp8ce/limit_cars_draw_distance.html?

What are your ideas?

Not sure what you mean by 'flash'. But spawning in vehicles from further distances is pretty hard right now because of nodes.