2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ThirteenAG

Project2DFX

LaDiDa

That's why it's developed for v1.0 😃

CRRPGMykael

EcWWtPZ.jpg

So, this happens when you exit an area with reflective floors...

L33TGMS

How to make it work on vanilla steam with DDraw, SPatch & 13AG WSFix in GTA 3/VC?

Edited by L33TGMS

ThirteenAG

You can't.

L33TGMS

You can't.

Why?

zanesix

Because the Steam exe is sh*t, use this downgrader.

Edited by zanesix

Reyks

Why?

The Steam version is a broken pile of sh*t with missing songs and filled with bugs, just because it has a cool version name like "3.0" or "newsteam" doesn't mean it's the best version, on the contrary actually v1.0 + Silentpatch + SkyGfx + WS fix and other mods > Every single SA version in existence.

L33TGMS

Why do you have to be so aggressive jerks all the time? You people are really having some issues on this forum, when somebody politely asking about things he don't know and how to fix them there is always a retard or more who will attack him for no reason with their "woo supreme intelligence".

If you don't like the question and having problem controlling yourselves just ignore it, maybe somebody who is more adequate will help. This is a FORUM for everyone to discuss things and ask for help if needed.

The thing is that you wasted 999 years of your life on this forum or in pile of GTA mods doesn't make you a better man. And nobody said that "steam" versions are the best, that's probably why I'm trying to fix them, use your brain cells not your "ego" which one is a completely nothing in my area of knowledge.

I've seen so many issues like this with others so I'm already regret about asking and registering on this forum at all. And BTW I wasn't even talking about GTA SA, I can't use it with GTA 3.

Because the Steam exe is sh*t, use this downgrader.

Thanks for the link, but I have issues with GTA 3

Edited by L33TGMS

ThirteenAG

What difference does it make to you personally why it's not possible to use an asi plugin with steam version? The reason you're asking simply means you're not able to do anything about it anyway. Hence the short answer "You can't" should suffice. Whatever issues you're having with GTA3, none of the official patches will resolve for you.

It's a common knowledge that the best way to play GTA3 or Vice City or San Andreas is to use v1.0 exe, that's what 90% of the mods support.

LaDiDa

So sorry to say that most README's also state that they only support v1.0 and some even explicitly tell you steam exe's are NOT gonna work (however there are mods that do work with steam exe's).

You might want to read them since they give usefull details on how to install and what you need in order for the mods to work.

SilverRST

Hence the txt file called 'README' is included.

Username.gta

Hi everyone.

Before I post anything else, just want to say that this mod really opens up the map and makes for some beautiful photo opportunities.

However, there is a problem that I have found from playing San Andreas with this mod. Whenever the weather is foggy, the light coronas seem to glitch out. The coronas seem to display as flat squares on the ground or in the air. I included some images below so you guys can see what I am talking about. Not sure if it is a general problem with the mod but an educated guess would probably indicate it is a problem on my end. In terms of mods, apart from Project2DFX I also have SilentPatch, WesserWidescreen and SkyGFX installed. I also have a few Cleo scripts installed but I have tested without the scripts present and the same problem still occurs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Project2DFX but the problem is still present.

X-Falcon

Whenever the weather is foggy, the light coronas seem to glitch out. The coronas seem to display as flat squares on the ground or in the air. I included some images below so you guys can see what I am talking about.

It's bug "SAMP Graphic Restore" with "SkyGFX". Check

Edited by X-Falcon

Username.gta

Wow. I thought it would have been to do with 2DFX because of the light coronas.

Yeah, removing the SAMPGraphicRestore.asi file seems to have fixed the problem.

Apologies for wasting your time with this issue, thank you. :blush:

qwertyfish25

With regards to GTA SA which folder do I put it in? I've put it in the main folder and the data folder with no results. I am not using cleo since it makes my copy crash (using 1.01).

zanesix

(using 1.01).

There's your problem.

qwertyfish25

(using 1.01).

There's your problem.

I used another mod with no problem but I will take your word for it on that. I just hope my save file can go back to the vanilla version of the game no problem.

zanesix

I'm pretty sure you can use http://gtasnp.com/ to convert it.

Edited by zanesix

qwertyfish25

I'm pretty sure you can use http://gtasnp.com/ to convert it.

I think I'll just wait till I can get my hand on a PC ver of SA, as in hard copy, not steam, then IK guess I'll follow the down grader instructions etc.

ChengizVlad09

So, as always, many thanks to the respected authors for creating the mod. I was wondering is there a specific file that explains each parameter in SaLodLights ini in a bit more thorough manner, I mean it's not that every single of them is hard to guess what it is exactly, but some of them aren't quite self explanatory. Thanks!

Edited by ChengizVlad09

ChengizVlad09

I'm using Skygfx and some other tweaks in order to recreate every possible effect that brings PS2 visual appearance of the game, like PS2 Timecyc and Seabed.

On one hand I really like the fog that is used to hide the greater distances and lights, but on the other hand I'd really love to see futher down the sights.

Even default settings with this mod kills off much of that fog. I highly doubt it is possible, but still, is ìt achievable to increase the draw distance without eliminating the fog, or at least saving it to a greater extent?

Thanks!

Marsi4eg

Looks like the fog is used by game automatically somewhere near the maximum draw distance

The only thing where I think will be good to have much more fog is foggy weather that looks not so good with p2dfx now.

ChengizVlad09

Looks like the fog is used by game automatically somewhere near the maximum draw distanceThe only thing where I think will be good to have much more fog is foggy weather that looks not so good with p2dfx now.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I mean the mod itself does a pretty good job, to say at least, but it definitely seems, that fog is the factor of limitation when it comes to draw distance decreasing/increasing.

If respected authors ever decide to edit or uprade this mod and if it is possible in the first place, it would be nice to see some kind of 'layered fog', since it is obvious that with current settings it only stays at the horizont, or at the point of draw distance increasement. It just feels to me that it'd be still cool to see it to some extent in close proximity to protagonist's environment without considerably limiting further draw distance.

Yeah, even though I haven't tried to implement the fog mod, I think it wouldn't look nice compared to this type of fog, after all those are two completely different things.

Cheers.

Edited by ChengizVlad09

spartaque12

ThirteenAG

interesting but i dunno how 2dfx conflicts with mip-map by DK , game working like 10-15 minutes and after that ill getting always crash , i only mip-mapped Vice Cry , and yeah if u remove lodlights game works fine 30+ min w/o crashes .

i tried PreloadLODs 0 , tried change distance , etc nothing help , pls help me find out problem :/

Edited by spartaque12

LaDiDa

ThirteenAG

interesting but i dunno how 2dfx conflicts with mip-map by DK , game working like 10-15 minutes and after that ill getting always crash , i only mip-mapped Vice Cry , and yeah if u remove lodlights game works fine 30+ min w/o crashes .

i tried PreloadLODs 0 , tried change distance , etc nothing help , pls help me find out problem :/

It's more then likely an issue with Vice Cry and P2DFX rather then P2DFX and mip-mapping since it works fine on vanilla Vice City when using both together.

spartaque12

ThirteenAG

It's more then likely an issue with Vice Cry and P2DFX rather then P2DFX and mip-mapping since it works fine on vanilla Vice City when using both together.

i know vanilla works perfect with p2dfx , but im wondering why aint work mip-mapped vice cry with p2dfx

have this problem for a while now with 2dfx. I have some mods installed, especially the airbus plane mods, the lights work fine but, behind the glass cockpit, the corona lights don't seem to be working and it's really frustrating me. :(

http://imgur.com/iK1sQB6

http://imgur.com/rJ1xVNu

Edited by [email protected]

Tommy Vercetti Is #1

Will this mod work with the Ultimate ASI Loader Here: https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader/releases

I will be using it for GTA Vice City. Because I have a mod that requires the Ultimate ASI Loader instead of Silent's ASI loader. I think that this mod would work since both load .asi files. I can't have both ASI loaders running at the same time so I was wondering if this mod was compatible with the Ultimate ASI Loader. Plus the Ultimate ASI Loader is more up to date as it has had a update recently.

LaDiDa

It's compatible (at least in III/VC).